Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Yeah this is confusing to most users. Even though you may have only 1 or 2 bars of LTE(also depends which band 25/26/41 LTE) you could really have Full Signal strength on 800/1900 voice from a different tower. The LTE signal strength can be confusing to some users thinking that they they are going to have poor voice coverage, but soon as you place a call your phone switches from LTE to 800/1900 voice...and you most likely will have good to full signal. This is usually the case when your phone is connected to a B41 LTE site.

I've finally realized this while I'm in midtown and downtown on LTE signals. I was bummed at the low bars, but realized that the signal is still very good for voice.

Out of curiosity I just looked up the netindex score for mobile provider speeds in our area..

DziWYLs.png

Just a little over 2 months ago Sprint was averaging less than 1 mbps and now they're approaching 7 mbps. They may not be the fastest nor have the best coverage but it's an improvement and that's all I really want to see. 

• Like 7

Some bs no one knows.

Nothings changed so far with the network and new sites still come up one by one.

Coverage map is extremely optimistic as usual so never take it as a fact.

Positive thing now is we can hammer sprint now on any issues that are encountered and they have to acknowledge it so report away if there's any issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Im sitting mostly on 3G here at work just south of sunrise & hwy80 in Roseville with my Note 4 when I used to get consistent LTE on my Note 2.

I called customer service and went through the motions; PRL&profile update, hands free activation, and cache clearing. They had me take the phone into the store to be sure it was working properly. Phone is fine, but they did swap the SIM card just in case.

They tech there basically said what ive read here; that its optimistic. He showed me their map of towers that showed the progress of each tower near home, work, and where I frequent. From what i could see a lot of towers were near 75% complete (though not all, some till w/no LTE) and for those the system was showing 3 months to completion.

Im sitting mostly on 3G here at work just south of sunrise & hwy80 in Roseville with my Note 4 when I used to get consistent LTE on my Note 2.

I called customer service and went through the motions; PRL&profile update, hands free activation, and cache clearing. They had me take the phone into the store to be sure it was working properly. Phone is fine, but they did swap the SIM card just in case.

They tech there basically said what ive read here; that its optimistic. He showed me their map of towers that showed the progress of each tower near home, work, and where I frequent. From what i could see a lot of towers were near 75% complete (though not all, some till w/no LTE) and for those the system was showing 3 months to completion.

Towers were all in the Roseville area

95ca2fcdeeb8a371fded0dba2ba7e0ac.jpg

In the pic the left is the S4 & right is S5. For some reason the S5 will not connect to 1x800. There has been serveral locations where this has happen. S5 hs no problem with lte though even with b41. Anyone know why this is?

How do I get Signal Check Pro to display the LTE band info?

Well you need to be connected to band 41 of some type (clear on sprint) or band 26 for it to show.

Samsung devices do not show clear band 41 as they have software bugs that prevent scp and other apps from identifying it.

Well you need to be connected to band 41 of some type (clear on sprint) or band 26 for it to show.

Samsung devices do not show clear band 41 as they have software bugs that prevent scp and other apps from identifying it.

Really? That sucks! That was the main reason I purchased the app. Is there another way to see what band you are on?

I think I'm on b41 with the S5 because it picks up lte but the S4 will not. Im near Sunrise & Coloma. Thanks!

Really? That sucks! That was the main reason I purchased the app. Is there another way to see what band you are on?

I think I'm on b41 with the S5 because it picks up lte but the S4 will not. Im near Sunrise & Coloma. Thanks!

Engineering screen via ##data# iirc

• Like 1

You can watch your GCI to tell if your on clear band 41. Your market looks like it starts with 0AC for band 25(not sure about what your surrounding band 25 GCI should be). So If you see 03C then that is clearwire band 41 or if you see 0AD it should be sprint band 41. 0AD will show band 41 in SCP correctly for samsung devices.

• Like 1

You can watch your GCI to tell if your on clear band 41. Your market looks like it starts with 0AC for band 25(not sure about what your surrounding band 25 GCI should be). So If you see 03C then that is clearwire band 41 or if you see 0AD it should be sprint band 41. 0AD will show band 41 in SCP correctly for samsung devices.

Is there a difference between clearwire band 41 and sprint band 41?

Is there a difference between clearwire band 41 and sprint band 41?

Yes. One is broadcasted from the clear network and one from the sprint network running different equipment and Technologies.

Just got my Note 4 a couple days ago. Went to Trader Joe's in elk grove this morning and got 20+mbps LTE. Checked on signal check pro and wasn't on B41 or 26. Note 2 never got lte in that parking lot. Is note 4 getting wrong results on the app or just better at picking up B25 LTE?

Just got my Note 4 a couple days ago. Went to Trader Joe's in elk grove this morning and got 20+mbps LTE. Checked on signal check pro and wasn't on B41 or 26. Note 2 never got lte in that parking lot. Is note 4 getting wrong results on the app or just better at picking up B25 LTE?

Samsung devices do not properly report information to signalcheck for the proper identification of clear band 41.

• Like 1