Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Your issue with 2xCA may be small cell related. Twin Cities were said to have a good number. If you see the puctures welcome.

Wonder where I haven't really seen any Small cells

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Twin city is supposed to be chock full of them at this point. They were one of the first ones to deploy them.

Interesting I was in Minneapolis over the weekend and, saw 25 in spots instead of B41

• Like 1

@Tengen31 - They really need to continue getting the Twin Cities fully covered before Duluth because we have the Super Bowl coming up at US Bank Stadium less than a year from now and I barely see 3xca throughout the Twin Cities -

In Houston, Sprint only deployed 2CA small cells in areas where there were Super Bowl festivities. For the most part, Sprint felt comfortable enough with the large swaths of 2CA-only Clearwire equipment around town.

Unless you're in an area that will be close to Superbowl activities, then you'll to probably won't see any network improvements.

• Like 1

Next time your connected to B41, post a screenshot of your engineering screen so we can see what EARFCN your connecting too.

That's 3xca

• Like 2

Next time your connected to B41, post a screenshot of your engineering screen so we can see what EARFCN your connecting too.

@nexgencpu - Will do.

There are a lot of Clearwire sites around MSP, so you would need to find a Sprint B41 8T8R site to find 3xCA.

• Like 1

Wonder where I haven't really seen any Small cells

Here is one to get you started. Walk around in streetview all I did was go down a  couple of the main roads and got lucky. Crown castle have a few up also unsure if sprint are on them but sprint should be on the ones with ibridges.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.951269,-93.0926147,3a,75y,211.08h,112.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sd4MqkhGrv8YNXB0fRhUROw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Here is one to get you started. Walk around in streetview all I did was go down a couple of the main roads and got lucky. Crown castle have a few up also unsure if sprint are on them but sprint should be on the ones with ibridges.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.951269,-93.0926147,3a,75y,211.08h,112.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sd4MqkhGrv8YNXB0fRhUROw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I got a error on that

Pretty much anything south of Jordan. Fairmont area is a complete joke. I90 as well. Mankato is completely crippled. Going on 14 past Eagle Lake is just 1x majority of the time. Austin has both towers with dual carrier band 41, and worth nothing, only get them outside. Faribault/waterville areas are just LTE islands even with all having band 26. I can go on and on. It's disappointing, not even evdo, but straight 1x most of the time. Great service at work is promising. I would describe Sprint in majority of Minnesota as what others deride T-Mobile as, islands of LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8 having​ HPUE technology, will it make a difference on connection and speed. The other question is, will it be active once I purchased the S8 Galaxy on Sprint?

I don't know exactly where you're talking about, but I'd tend to agree. The most infuriating seems to be I35 going up to Duluth. Minneapolis and Duluth have great LTE, but on the way there it's just constant switching between 3G and LTE 800. Just so frustrating when in theory they should be able to at least cover the entire freeway.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wonder if the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8 having​ HPUE technology, will it make a difference on connection and speed. The other question is, will it be active once I purchased the S8 Galaxy on Sprint?

Yep. Duluth does lack B41. 10x10 B25 it's possible hope that happens atleast. 35 up north needs to be worked on. Sprint has to many areas across the country where that happens.

• Like 1

The only difference in speed would be if you are in a spot where previously you could not maintain a B41 connection, but now you can. HPUE only affects the uplink signal, not the downlink so it won't have any impact on speeds. The boost to the uplink signal should allow the device to use weaker B41 signals the those without HPUE. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is why FDD carrier aggregation is needed. Web pages really slow. This is in Moundsview.ca3e01fe5f541be0f0a71a459b076c97.jpg

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is why FDD carrier aggregation is needed. Web pages really slow. This is in Moundsview.ca3e01fe5f541be0f0a71a459b076c97.jpg

Usually at those speeds webpages are not a problem. Streaming would also work but with plenty of buffering. Still don't understand why b25/26 CA is not a reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Usually at those speeds webpages are not a problem. Streaming would also work but with plenty of buffering. Still don't understand why b25/26 CA is not a reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. My area is one where Sprint is to late for Spectrum swap. Att has been 20x20 since last summer. TMobile has contigous 20x20. Not sure about VZW the EARFCN is 1150 not sure what that is at least 10x10. Sprint has 2 5x5.

• Like 2

I agree. My area is one where Sprint is to late for Spectrum swap. Att has been 20x20 since last summer. TMobile has contigous 20x20. Not sure about VZW the EARFCN is 1150 not sure what that is at least 10x10. Sprint has 2 5x5.

Do you have a device capable of b25 CA?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you have a device capable of b25 CA?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I do not. I looked at a mall out here last weekend where you can't get B41. So it gets B25 so I checked inside a Sprint store was not on B25 CA.

• Like 2