Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

This is such good news! The big question is when will it come to the city of Minneapolis! I never get out that far from the city. This is positive though. Thank you all for looking into this. Only a matter of time now!

Actually appears that I was indeed able to some more purple to the map, iirc the boundry to the east is pretty pretty accurate, the boundaries to the west didn'tupdate to what I saw driving, my intentionswrrnt reallyto do a bunch of mappingtonighr.

I work in Mpls and live in Fridley nothing here on my end, which really sucks with how close I am to Blaine. Even have to rely on airave at home due to the poor coverage. What really sucks is having an S3 and getting very poor 3g service and no 4g because I upgraded to an S3. There wasn't a ton of 4g before but it was definitely better than what I get now lol. I hope they get this expanded soon.

Sensorly map is interesting: it's showing LTE from as far west as 212 and Powers Boulevard and as far east as just east of a point past Eden Prairie Road. Then it goes as far south as Halla Greens Executive Golf Course going north on 101 past Chanhassen all the way to near Kerber Pond Park! So if anyone lives in Bearpath (gated community) they've got it for sure!

Then, there is a funny little purple blotch right near Willow Park off country road 39 - must be just one tower since it's separated by a few miles from the farthest LTE spot on in the initial batch.

Come on guys, just a little farther East to Bloomington/Edina.

Keeping a big eye on this today!

Update: does the sensorly maps on the phone get updated before the actual website? I'm seeing purple spots near the flying cloud airport, the MSP international airport as well as the Crystal Airport. I am not showing these on the actual website looking on my computer here.

Update: does the sensorly maps on the phone get updated before the actual website? I'm seeing purple spots near the flying cloud airport, the MSP international airport as well as the Crystal Airport. I am not showing these on the actual website looking on my computer here.

I've always been a little unsure of when the maps are updated as well and noticed variances between the online map and the app's map. It usually seemed to me that the online map updated first but that is by no means scientific!

Lol I have been with sprint for about 12 years now I think. I have been more than patient for the money I have put in ;) Like I said as well, the real frustrating part is going from having 4g to only getting poor 3g and no LTE.

Sprint still has Wimax, so I see no issue from them there. You have an airrave and I would suggest using your wifi when at home, so no problem there, and again, they only made like 1-5 towers accessible yesterday because they started work like 3 weeks ago. Progress seems to really be picking up in this market and there's really no need for this thread to go to hate on Sprint mode already.

The issue is I can no longer connect to 4g which is wimax from what I understand, though I guess I may be wrong. So yeah kind of the issue as I stated as my option is 3g or nonexistent lte atm. Atm as I also stated I use an airave for my home otherwise my voice service is near nonexistent as well. I also use my wireless at home for data. My issues are issues to me sorry if I wasn't clear before...As for the "hate" comment no idea where my expressing any kind of desire for quick turnaround on the service being made available or noting issues I have being a problem or construed as "hate" sorry...

Edited by ZachGalifianakis

The updating is weird, the additionalpurpleon the map (aside from the north south run) in Chanhassen was what I mapped last night, funny half showed up last night and tge additionalstuff to the west (you can see pretty clearly where I turned around) just showed up to me now when I checked. on the app I only see the Chanhassen area mapped, nothing else.

The issue is I can no longer connect to 4g which is wimax from what I understand, though I guess I may be wrong. So yeah kind of the issue as I stated as my option is 3g or nonexistent lte atm. Atm as I also stated I use an airave for my home otherwise my voice service is near nonexistent as well. I also use my wireless at home for data. My issues are issues to me sorry if I wasn't clear before...As for the "hate" comment no idea where my expressing any kind of desire for quick turnaround on the service being made available or noting issues I have being a problem or construed as "hate" sorry...

You lost WiMax connectability when you upgraded to the GS3. Sprint has no dual 4G phones. Just WiMax or LTE. The only gadget they put out that was capable of both is the Sprint 4G LTE Tri-Fi Hotspot

Latest:

Over lunch I decided to drive up Dell Road between 212 and highway 5 in Eden Prairie as it is close to my workplace and also smack dab in the middle of the mapped area yet there are no sensorly readings in that area yet.

Dell road seems to be recessed down into the land a little bit as if any radio signal present from a cell towers might go over it but rises to the top of a hill near highway 5 at the north.

I saw only 3g readings in that area and had to head to the west on 5 to start seeing LTE on my phone... I thought perhaps it could be that my phone won't easily switch to LTE while in sensorly or the like. I'm not sure. iPhone5 if anyone cares.

I drove west a few miles in LTE territory, then swung back along Lake Drive which parallels 5. Waste of time really.

I should have stayed on the freeway - cover more territory that way.

I then headed back towards Edina as I didn't have much time to play today.

On the way as I headed east towards the Eden Prairie center I saw LTE signals hanging on even with 1 bar of signal strength (-112 to -116 db) as far as approximately two and a half miles west of Eden Prairie Center.

My guess is having my phone on my passenger seat wasn't the greatest spot for it - I should have a passenger running the sensorly scans with the phone well above the level of the window.

Latest:

Over lunch I decided to drive up Dell Road between 212 and highway 5 in Eden Prairie as it is close to my workplace and also smack dab in the middle of the mapped area yet there are no sensorly readings in that area yet.

Dell road seems to be recessed down into the land a little bit as if any radio signal present from a cell towers might go over it but rises to the top of a hill near highway 5 at the north.

I saw only 3g readings in that area and had to head to the west on 5 to start seeing LTE on my phone... I thought perhaps it could be that my phone won't easily switch to LTE while in sensorly or the like. I'm not sure. iPhone5 if anyone cares.

I drove west a few miles in LTE territory, then swung back along Lake Drive which parallels 5. Waste of time really.

I should have stayed on the freeway - cover more territory that way.

I then headed back towards Edina as I didn't have much time to play today.

On the way as I headed east towards the Eden Prairie center I saw LTE signals hanging on even with 1 bar of signal strength (-112 to -116 db) as far as approximately two and a half miles west of Eden Prairie Center.

My guess is having my phone on my passenger seat wasn't the greatest spot for it - I should have a passenger running the sensorly scans with the phone well above the level of the window.

Great report! However, it may be in vain :-/

iPhones don't report to the Sensorly maps. :( But great info anyway! Keep us up to date!

Looks like the two sites shown up so far on Sensorly were in the sites we reported as live on Monday. I love when we can beat Sensorly data. :tu:

Robert

• Like 1

Great report! However, it may be in vain :-/

iPhones don't report to the Sensorly maps. :( But great info anyway! Keep us up to date!

I was unware that Sensorly tests on the iPhone doesn't report the conditions - maybe they'll improve it.

That being said does anyone know why they opted for turning on Chanhassen/Eden Prairie and Jordan first?

My friend had a weird idea that they'd turn it on at the MSP Airport first so that visitors would know that Sprint had LTE.