T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

I travel up to Coudersport, Pa which is near Potter county, now there is a place where nobody gets service. Eastern, NC is a blackhole as well for Sprint and T mobile. 

I have relatives that live in Coutersport, yes no one really is there LOL 

I have relatives that live in Coutersport, yes no one really is there LOL 

where i live in new jersey sprint has zero lte on my area of town yet tmobile gets full service band 4 AWS and verizon and AT&T lack in speed 

i ll try to...but the only reason why i made that comment is that they havent touched that tower since 2013

If its a Sprint tower I dont think this conversation belongs in this area, but I know how you feel. Theres a tower I pass by to a friends house that has not been touched yet either.

If its a Sprint tower I dont think this conversation belongs in this area, but I know how you feel. Theres a tower I pass by to a friends house that has not been touched yet either.

understood

where i live in new jersey sprint has zero lte on my area of town yet tmobile gets full service band 4 AWS and verizon and AT&T lack in speed 

Depending on what town it is, I'm not surprised.

T-Mo, due to a solid Omnipoint network build years and years ago.

T-Mobile is made up of what used to be regional carriers. Omnipoint was one of them.

Including what use to be known as Sprint Spectrum. So you could say part of TMobiles network was partly due to a Sprint Launch into wireless back in 1995.

what do you mean omnipoint

T-Mobile's network in the NY-NJ-CT area was constructed by its predecessor: Omnipoint Corporation. John W. Stanton's VoiceStream Wireless acquired Omnipoint in 1999 and later executed an agreement to take full ownership of American Personal Communications' (marketed under the Sprint Spectrum brand) GSM facilities and spectrum for Washington-Baltimore and Seattle-Tacoma from Sprint PCS, which completed in January 2000.

Edit: Seattle-Tacoma came from CIVS I (Cook Inlet/VoiceStream PCS JV), not Omnipoint

T-Mobile's network in the NY-NJ-CT area was constructed by its predecessor: Omnipoint Corporation. John W. Stanton's VoiceStream Wireless acquired Omnipoint in 1999 and later executed an agreement to take full ownership of American Personal Communications' (marketed under the Sprint Spectrum brand) GSM facilities and spectrum for Washington-Baltimore and Seattle-Tacoma from Sprint PCS, which completed in January 2000.

I get what you guys are saying now :) thank you :)

Including what use to be known as Sprint Spectrum. So you could say part of TMobiles network was partly due to a Sprint Launch into wireless back in 1995.

No, not exactly.

APC dba Sprint Spectrum got rolled into Sprint PCS.  Only some basic infrastructure was sold off to Omnipoint.

And Sprint's foray into wireless in 1995 was not its first.  It previously had a few Cellular 850 MHz markets around the country that it spun off so as to pursue a national PCS 1900 MHz footprint in the FCC auctions that began in 1994.

AJ

No, that is incorrect.

APC was limited to the PCS A block license for the Washington-Baltimore MTA that it was awarded prior to auction as part of the FCC's Pioneer's Preference program.  The one license was the full extent of APC.

In Seattle-Tacoma, which is a BTA, not an MTA, you may be thinking of Cook Inlet or WWC.  Those are T-Mobile's PCS 1900 MHz spectrum forebears in the market.

AJ

• Like 1

T-Mobile is made up of what used to be regional carriers. Omnipoint was one of them.

I've been with T-Mobile since the Omnipoint days. I definitely feel old haha!

No, that is incorrect.

APC was limited to the PCS A block license for the Washington-Baltimore MTA that it was awarded prior to auction as part of the FCC's Pioneer's Preference program.  The one license was the full extent of APC.

In Seattle-Tacoma, which is a BTA, not an MTA, you may be thinking of Cook Inlet or WWC.  Those are T-Mobile's PCS 1900 MHz spectrum forebears in the market.

AJ

Ah, you're right. VoiceStream acquired CIVS I to bring that network into the fold for Seattle-Tacoma.

here is a random question. does "T" in T-Mobile even mean? (seriously)

It originally meant "Telefon" (the German word for telephone), as Deutsche Telekom was the telephone company, but it later became "Telekom" (the German word for telecom) as DT branched out into more things (T-Mobile, T-Home, T-Com, T-Online, T-Ventures, etc.).

• Like 2