T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Not an lte booster. A wifi router.

Router or a booster, your pick

Well the CellSpot thing was the majorly-publicized part of Uncarrier 7. However, one thing they didn't publicize well was how they now offer LTE signal boosters:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14947

• Like 1

Well the CellSpot thing was the majorly-publicized part of Uncarrier 7. However, one thing they didn't publicize well was how they now offer LTE signal boosters:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14947

I have one being shipped to me and I can't wait
  • Like 1

So basically you are eager to be a micro cell for T-Mobile, in which you pay for the broadband to run that on also while paying T-Mobile for your service to, sounds good to me.

• Like 2

So basically you are eager to be a micro cell for T-Mobile, in which you pay for the broadband to run that on also while paying T-Mobile for your service to, sounds good to me.

Lte booster does not require broadband

The rwad

So basically you are eager to be a micro cell for T-Mobile, in which you pay for the broadband to rib that on also whole paying T-Mobile for your service to, sounds good to me.

the only reason why I got it is because there is service issues going on because of the upgrades going on but afterwards I would return it plus volte is active in my area once the issues are resolved I will return it

They offer two different things. One is the cell booster, like I'm talking about. What you're talking about is the CellSpot, which is their equivalent of the Airave plus wi-fi calling, etc.

Edit: I'd be eager to be a micro cell for either Sprint or T-Mobile. In this case, I wouldn't get the CellSpot because my home internet, based off VZW's 3G network, can't handle it. However, I can see your point how it's excessive to have to pay for their service and pay for broadband internet to make it usable.

But I'm all for using cell boosters to give myself, as well as anyone who visits, a better signal. :)

Edited by BlackBerryRulez
  • Like 1

The CellSpot Router is just an ASUS RT-AC86U with special prioritization settings to ensure quality of service for Wi-Fi Calling that is available for free to postpaid customers or $99 for everyone else (as opposed to $220 for the RT-AC86U). The CellSpot Signal Booster is a variant of the Cel-Fi RS3 that repeats PCS and AWS WCDMA+LTE signal and boosts it for in-home coverage. The router obviously needs an internet connection, but the signal booster does not.

• Like 2

They offer two different things. One is the cell booster, like I'm talking about. What you're talking about is the CellSpot, which is their equivalent of the Airave plus wi-fi calling, etc.

Edit: I'd be eager to be a micro cell for either Sprint or T-Mobile. In this case, I wouldn't get the CellSpot because my home internet, based off VZW's 3G network, can't handle it. However, I can see your point how it's excessive to have to pay for their service and pay for broadband internet to make it usable.

But I'm all for using cell boosters to give myself, as well as anyone who visits, a better signal. :)

I usually get full service at my house but since the network upgrades are going on i ll accept the it and When the upgrades are done I ll return it and sprint is in big trouble because there lte is non existant ...they better hurry up

The CellSpot Router is just an ASUS RT-AC86U with special prioritization settings to ensure quality of service for Wi-Fi Calling that is available for free to postpaid customers or $99 for everyone else (as opposed to $220 for the RT-AC86U). The CellSpot Signal Booster is a variant of the Cel-Fi RS3 that repeats PCS and AWS WCDMA+LTE signal and boosts it for in-home coverage. The router obviously needs an internet connection, but the signal booster does not.

plus I didn't even have to pay a deposit I got it for free and had it shipped for free

Good to know. Thanks for the details. I wish Sprint would update their offering.. though you can get good speeds with the Airave, if you have a fast home internet connection.

I usually get full service at my house but since the network upgrades are going on i ll accept the it and When the upgrades are done I ll return it and sprint is in big trouble because there lte is non existant ...they better hurry up

Just check out the Sensorly coverage maps.. Sprint LTE is out there, in a lot of places. There is detailed information on this forum about the extent of Sprint's LTE..

• Like 2

Good to know. Thanks for the details. I wish Sprint would update their offering.. though you can get good speeds with the Airave, if you have a fast home internet connection.

Just check out the Sensorly coverage maps.. Sprint LTE is out there, in a lot of places. There is detailed information on this forum about the extent of Sprint's LTE..

I had a triband boost mobile phone and even my brother's sprint 5s got one bar of 3g ...

Why would anyone use their Airave for 3G data instead of their own WiFi connection? My Airave does reach a bit further than my router, but I would never intentionally use data through it when I have 85mbps available via WiFi.

I do wish Sprint would release a LTE femtocell. Not because I want to use it for data, but because my Nexus 5 will randomly scan and pick up super weak B25 LTE if I don't forget to change the phone to 3G only and I've missed some calls because of it.

• Like 1

Why would anyone use their Airave for 3G data instead of their own WiFi connection? My Airave does reach a bit further than my router, but I would never intentionally use data through it when I have 85mbps available via WiFi.

I do wish Sprint would release a LTE femtocell. Not because I want to use it for data, but because my Nexus 5 will randomly scan and pick up super weak B25 LTE if I don't forget to change the phone to 3G only and I've missed some calls because of it.

sprint needs alot of work in my town....when they actually get LTE in my town i ll come back

Tomorrow should be interesting.

So with their wideband LTE, it's basically repurposed Metro spectrum + their own holdings?

That's correct. They've squeezed CDMA down to a single 1X carrier at the bottom of the AWS C block, put LTE on AWS C+D+E+lower third of F, and squeezed DC-HSPA+ onto the upper two-thirds of AWS F.

• Like 1

That's correct. They've squeezed CDMA down to a single 1X carrier at the bottom of the AWS C block, put LTE on AWS C+D+E+lower third of F, and squeezed DC-HSPA+ onto the upper two-thirds of AWS F.

and this is being broadcasted on every T-Mo site in the NYC market for example?

and this is being broadcasted on every T-Mo site in the NYC market for example?

Hopefully by now, yes. Instances of it started showing up three months ago. Given that a good number of them can be reconfigured remotely, I would hope so.

Those are going to be some wonky EARFCNs and UARFCNs.  I would like to see some engineering screenshots.

AJ

• Like 2

Hopefully by now, yes. Instances of it started showing up three months ago. Given that a good number of them can be reconfigured remotely, I would hope so.

i like the healthy competition and also t mobile has started that process XD i never used to get 50 megs a second on my samsung device 

Wow, it's like Groundhog Day in here...

isnt that the truth :)

danlodish345, you probably do not realize it, but that could be in reference to you.  When all you ever post, like a broken record, is how T-Mobile presently works well in your area but Sprint presently does not, it may be time to stop loitering in the T-Mobile thread at S4GRU and move along.

AJ

• Like 2

konan what market do you reside in ?

I am liking what Tmobile is doing in snatching up more 700 MHz A-block markets.  They still need to snatch up the Chicago license from Leap and buy out all the 700 MHz licenses from AB License Co LLC, Cavalier License Group LLC, and Continuum 700. 

How is the wideband LTE coverage in NYC?