T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

I might switch over to the 2/100 offer, looks interesting. I wonder if the non lte data is also unlimited? i.e. is there a cap on 3.5g ?

No cap on anything. They call it LTE data, but more accurately, it's "full speed data".

No cap on anything. They call it LTE data, but more accurately, it's "full speed data".

yes and very true their lte kicks serious butt in my area and sprint doesnt even have lte deployed to more then half my town....

If Sprint plans on keeping the value carrier ideology, Marcelo will undercut them.

Yep and Sprint already undercuts this today, for corporate-liable accounts. Even with just a single line. So it's not that much of a stretch for them to offer that pricing on the consumer side.

If they copied the corporate plan to consumer side as it exists today, that would make Unlimited Data + 3GB Tethering $45/month on Sprint (in comparison to Unlimited Data + 5GB Tethering at $50/month/line with two lines on TMO)

I suspect though, that it's more likely they'll just open up the existing $50/month Unlimited Data iPhone plan to non-iPhones. (and maybe finally add some tethering to it). No need give away that $5/month margin just yet.

• Like 2

Sprint already undercuts this today, for corporate-liable accounts. Even with just a single line. So it's not that much of a stretch for them to offer that pricing on the consumer side.

If they copied the corporate plan to consumer side as it exists today, that would make Unlimited Data + 3GB Tethering $45/month on Sprint (in comparison to Unlimited Data + 5GB Tethering at $50/month/line with two lines on TMO)

I suspect though, that it's more likely they'll just open up the existing $50/month Unlimited Data iPhone plan to non-iPhones. (and maybe finally add some tethering to it). No need give away that $5/month margin just yet.

I've checked Sprint's business site, and for a single line I see an unlimited plan for $65.  Where do you see the plan you mentioned?  I have an LLC that I might be able to take advantage of it when I add another line.

I've checked Sprint's business site, and for a single line I see an unlimited plan for $65.  Where do you see the plan you mentioned?  I have an LLC that I might be able to take advantage of it when I add another line.

The $65/month plan includes a legacy device subsidy + 2yr contract.

If you Easy Pay or BYOD then the rate is discounted, and the cost drops to $45/month. (plus your EasyPay/EIP payment, if applicable, plus taxes+fees+etc)

http://www.drwireless.com/pdfs/Sprint%20Business%20Fusion%20Plans.pdf

You're probably already aware of this, but for folks who aren't -- Note that you can't just be a business, you have to have a corporate liable account for that plan. That requires jumping some arbitrary hoops, (and a silly amount of phone calls). Not impossible or anything, but more work than it ought to be.

• Like 1

The $65/month plan includes a legacy device subsidy + 2yr contract.

If you Easy Pay or BYOD then the rate is discounted, and the cost drops to $45/month. (plus your EasyPay/EIP payment, if applicable, plus taxes+fees+etc)

http://www.drwireless.com/pdfs/Sprint%20Business%20Fusion%20Plans.pdf

You're probably already aware of this, but for folks who aren't -- Note that you can't just be a business, you have to have a corporate liable account for that plan. That requires jumping some arbitrary hoops, (and a silly amount of phone calls). Not impossible or anything, but more work than it ought to be.

t mobile still has the best deals 

t mobile still has the best deals 

Honestly I think they are so close it isnt worth bothering over $5 a month. The networks are far more important, as is customer service. We are a long way from the $160-200 a month for 2 lines the big two like to charge for any sensible level of service. I worry more than Sprint and Tmo hamstring themselves fighting over who has the lowest price tag rather than charging sustainable prices and going after the big two. Methinks Masa has deep enough pockets to beat tmo at that game. If this is just the pair of them finding price parity then thats one thing, but taking it farther into repeated rounds of price cutting just harms us as consumers in the long run. 

• Like 4

Honestly I think they are so close it isnt worth bothering over $5 a month. The networks are far more important, as is customer service. We are a long way from the $160-200 a month for 2 lines the big two like to charge for any sensible level of service. I worry more than Sprint and Tmo hamstring themselves fighting over who has the lowest price tag rather than charging sustainable prices and going after the big two. Methinks Masa has deep enough pockets to beat tmo at that game. If this is just the pair of them finding price parity then thats one thing, but taking it farther into repeated rounds of price cutting just harms us as consumers in the long run. 

i agree because then they dont have the capex to build out their networks and acquire more spectrum

• Like 1

i agree because then they dont have the capex to build out their networks and acquire more spectrum

I hope your not including Sprint when you say "they..." *cough* SoftBank *cough*

I hope your not including Sprint when you say "they..." *cough* SoftBank *cough*

i m including both even tmobile which isnt even backed by tmobile in europe isnt backing its usa branch ....but at least in my area tmobile offers lte but sprint offers 56k dsl speeds on 3g...

• Like 1

Yep and Sprint already undercuts this today, for corporate-liable accounts. Even with just a single line. So it's not that much of a stretch for them to offer that pricing on the consumer side.

I cannot seem to fibd the 45/month plan

I cannot seem to fibd the 45/month plan

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-business-fusion-plans-built-to-meet-the-needs-of-business.htm

It's "Sprint Business Fusion Unlimited" plan that's listed as $65/month on their website. That plan normally includes a subsidized device. (Pay $200 for an iPhone + $65/month, no extra costs).

If you don't get a plan-subsidized device (if you bring your own phone, or EasyPay) they knock $20 off the price -- it's discounted down to $45/month.

That "knock $20 off the price" is not mentioned clearly anywhere on the website anymore. The press release mentions it in passing, "customers who EasyPay will receive a monthly discount". But it still exists. (At least, it still existed last week, when I moved a line over to it)

- - -

And again, you have to be on a corporate liable account to see the plan. If you just call into Sprint, they'll probably pretend they don't know anything about it.

• Like 1

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-business-fusion-plans-built-to-meet-the-needs-of-business.htm

It's "Sprint Business Fusion Unlimited" plan that's listed as $65/month on their website. That plan normally includes a subsidized device. (Pay $200 for an iPhone + $65/month, no extra costs).

If you don't get a plan-subsidized device (if you bring your own phone, or EasyPay) they knock $20 off the price -- it's discounted down to $45/month.

That "knock $20 off the price" is not mentioned clearly anywhere on the website anymore. (The press release mentions it in passing, "customers who EasyPay will receive a monthly discount". But it still exists. (At least, it still existed last week, when I moved a line over to it)

- - -

And again, you have to be on a corporate liable account to see the plan. If you just call into Sprint, they'll probably pretend they don't know anything about it.

corporate discounts are pretty nice 

less than exciting WiFi calling uncarrier 7.

The part about Uncarrier 7 that I liked was how they're now offering LTE signal boosters to customers, with a $25 deposit. I've been meaning to get one for my nexus tablet to help out my signal. I wish Sprint would offer an LTE booster/airave.. but you can buy your own booster from vendors like Wilson Electronics, as I learned from another S4GRUer.

The part about Uncarrier 7 that I liked was how they're now offering LTE signal boosters to customers, with a $25 deposit. I've been meaning to get one for my nexus tablet to help out my signal. I wish Sprint would offer an LTE booster/airave.. but you can buy your own booster from vendors like Wilson Electronics, as I learned from another S4GRUer.

Not an lte booster. A wifi router.