HTC One upgrade offer of $100 or trade-in value of old phone

kckid

The Robert M. Herron Museum of Modern Cellphones reviles the thought of you trading in your historic handsets for measly $100 credits.

AJ

• Like 4

I skimmed through the 'fine print' and they will have a list of phones that are eligible for trade in. I'm guessing they will leave out the really old/crappy phones but we'll have to wait and see how many they actually include.

Also, I think it stated that you had to buy and activate the HTC One by March 31st in order to be eligible for the $100...which sucks for me because I'm eligible to upgrade on April 1st :wall:

I skimmed through the 'fine print' and they will have a list of phones that are eligible for trade in. I'm guessing they will leave out the really old/crappy phones but we'll have to wait and see how many they actually include.

Also, I think it stated that you had to buy and activate the HTC One by March 31st in order to be eligible for the $100...which sucks for me because I'm eligible to upgrade on April 1st :wall:

I bet you could get Sprint to upgrade you one day early.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Tele Sales has the power to give out upgrades early.

The other fine print is that the old phone is supposed to be active at the time of purchasing the HTC One. I doubt they could check that, but I wouldn't have a problem, say, activating my HTC Mogul for a day, assuming it were on the list (which I'm sure is doubtful).

http://www.htctradeup.com/htcone/?q=terms_of_use

Seems odd that you have to worry about the condition of your phone and you can't send in anything damaged?? I guess if you wanted more than $100 it would make sense, but I was gonna send in a cracked screen Galaxy S ... I can't find any link to the "tool" you are supposed to use to determine value.

so their own flagship phone fro less than a year ago is worth only $60 dollars to them..geesh

I KNOW! Given the antenna issue that plague the EVO LTE they should be a little more generous with an upgrade.

The tool is here: http://www.htctradeup.com/

They offer $60 for my HTC EVO 4G LTE, $0.00 for my original EVO 4G, and $290 for iPhone 5 16GB.

If you got $100 for the OG EVO then that'd be a good deal! only offering 175 for the DNA for crying out loud!

$20 for my 3D...$35 for my old Galaxy S 4G slider (but $0 since it's got a cracked screen) so I can count on $100 for either.

so i'm confused will htc take my old evo 4G as a trade in for $100? even if the tool says it's worth $0. I would easily sell my 4G LTE for $112 to gazelle and buy the ONE for basically free....if the antenna was better than my 4G LTE. I have LTE in my area and sometimes good connection, gf has great LTE with her iphone 5 on sprint. Also I bought my 4G LTE on amazon last june and somehow it never extended my contract so I am due for an upgrade, gf already did it with her 4G LTE to iphone 5. I sure hope the antenna is better and the battery is comparable. Also just dreaming here but it would be nice if the HTC logo was really a capacitive button that someone could enable later.

so i'm confused will htc take my old evo 4G as a trade in for $100? even if the tool says it's worth $0. I would easily sell my 4G LTE for $112 to gazelle and buy the ONE for basically free....if the antenna was better than my 4G LTE. I have LTE in my area and sometimes good connection, gf has great LTE with her iphone 5 on sprint. Also I bought my 4G LTE on amazon last june and somehow it never extended my contract so I am due for an upgrade, gf already did it with her 4G LTE to iphone 5. I sure hope the antenna is better and the battery is comparable. Also just dreaming here but it would be nice if the HTC logo was really a capacitive button that someone could enable later.

What's weird is that, in numerous hands-on videos people have tapped it and it would go back home. Maybe they made the home button's response area go into part of the HTC logo so people can get used to it. Or maybe it's just the way that the camera is positioned.

so i'm confused will htc take my old evo 4G as a trade in for $100? even if the tool says it's worth $0. I would easily sell my 4G LTE for $112 to gazelle and buy the ONE for basically free....

yes...clearly states $100 or value of phone whichever is HIGHER. So if you trade in something the tool says is worth $0 - you still get $100 (unless I'm missing something), but if you trade in something the tool says is worth more than $100, you get the actual value up to $300 IIRC.

Per the Terms & Conditions section 7.2 Program Requirements,

In order to participate in the HTC OneTM Upgrade Program you must have an eligible used device as defined by the on-line Tool. You can identify if the used device is eligible by utilizing the drop down menus to pick the make, model, and carrier for the used device. If you cannot find the make or model and believe this is in error, you can contact the program administrator at tradein@twsmail.com.

It's not 100% clear to me whether they're saying that if the device appears in the drop-downs, that that means it's eligible.

i swear i am not dumb, this is just a touch confusing. My perfect scenario would be buying the phone from amazon, selling my EVO 4G LTE to gazelle and then sending in my proof of purchase of the ONE along with my OG EVO 4G to receive $100. If that is what HTC is doing then great. As long as the LTE antenna is better on the ONE than the EVO 4G LTE.

I received my pre-registration code. It looks like quite a number of older smartphones are eligible for the deal--my Evo 3D, Samsung Moment (which I believe to be the same as the Instinct Q), and my HTC Mogul (from 2007!) all seem to get the same $100 offer.