Network Vision/LTE - GA/SC Coast market (including Savannah, Charleston and Hilton Head)

irwinshere

What about 29673. I turn down the road to my house have full bars then 2 minutes later no bars no service. It has been this way almost a month. I can't go all year without any decent service at home.

GMO sites are In Progress in this market. Full builds should be starting soon.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Names Daniel. I was just curious as to why South Carolina as a general whole, according to the sensorly maps is to date completely void of 4G coverage. I recently left Verizon after 10 years of constant price increases to join sprint. I have an iPhone 5 and would love to enjoy sprints 4g LTE but it appears the SC and Charleston specifically are not on any list I have found anywhere. I have patience and will wait however long it takes, was just curious as to some real info on what to expect here specifically with network vision. I have read the "coming soon" text from sprint, looking for some real activity in our area. This wireless technology fascinates me! The spectrum this and spectrum that talk is exciting and educational! Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Welcome to S4GRU! Please consider becoming a Sponsor of the site and you will have access to the information you are seeking. For more information, please see: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Welcome and as the previous post said, become a sponsor and you can see the updates for south carolina and the sites that have been converted to NV. South carolina is a third round market so it is only 24% completed. If all goes well, you can probably expect to see LTE in the 4th quarter of this year.

To become a sponsor you have to donate any amount you can to help support this website. You will have access to so many more features and information. It is so totally worth it.

As more sites begin to get converted to network vision, believe me, the wait will be totally worth it. I live in NYC and I have the 4S and although I can only connect to 3G, I am beginning to see much better speeds for 3G. Even around 6pm, I still get over 1mbps. I was streaming live CNN yesterday on 3G without buffering.

Once again, welcome and Robert the administrator of this site can assist you with all the questions you have but first snoop around the site because you will find the answers to your questions before you can even ask him.

I appreciate the welcome guys. I will most definitely become a sponsor ASAP.

Like I say, I find the technology fascinating. I find myself gazing up at the towers around charleston on my drive home, wondering how they work.

While I would love the 4G speeds on my iPhone and turn this thing lose on the LTE pipeline, I can wait til they upgrade us. The idea of them overhauling these towers is just interesting to me. I hope to learn from this site what to look for as the techs go up this 300 ft tower in my backyard! I think it is a multi carrier tower tho. Because it has antennas up and down this thing lol.

I will donate to the site this week. Thanks again guys for the welcome,

Daniel

• Like 1

The first LTE sites are still a few months out in the GA/SC Coast market. However, the first LTE sites in the South Carolina market are probably a few weeks away. It will be quite awhile before there are any SC launches, though.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a while means....by Christmas or by next 4th of July lol. I went out to a couple of sites today. One of which was on the s4gru map as being 3G NV complete. And my speed tests on that site were impressive for 3G. Rivaled my previous speeds on my iPhone 4 I had with Verizon!

• 1 month later...

I see someone has done more mapping on I-95 in Hardeeville, SC.  Who would have thunk that Hardeeville would get SC's first LTE!?  I am excited to see it - signs are good for much improvement soon. 

Now I need to decide if my monthly stay in Savannah GA is going to be moved to Hardeeville SC this month ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a stupid crappy HTC EVO LTE... so when I got to Exit 8... nothing but weak 3G... so I got back on the freeway... I got nothing as I exited onto Exit 5 (Hardeeville SC).  But at the top of the Exit I got full bars and 4G... I am not too big on speed test -- but I did run one... Got 19.82down and 4.52up... Kept it solid for a whole two or three miles heading south on I95 (had sensorly running so I helped darken the line on there)... then it went away... Only 2 to 3 miles from the tower and I lost the signal?  This EVOLTE is horrible!

EDIT:  Looking at Sensorly, I see someone mapped out Brunswick, GA... good to see it live (but wont see it in person as I do not travel that far south for work)...

• Like 1

The guys have been out here running fiber all down patriot blvd. near two of these 3G accepted sites in Summerville! Hoping they are running to these towers! Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374618295.002267.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374618319.468570.jpg

Hey guys do u mind looking at these wires and telling me what they are. They trimmed the tree line back and a previous piece of conduit the was unhooked on the back of a cabinet is now hooked up. These wires were laying around in the back where they trimmed the trees back.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374618306.033750.jpg

Starting to get reasonably heavy pressure from the wife about this "slow data" situation. She has grown impatient waiting on LTE. We switched to Sprint in December from Verizon when our contracts were up, of course because of the price. As our coverage with them was acceptable. But now she is starting to get antsy. I try and tell her daily that it's on it's way. I just hope this backhaul situation gets rolling around here. Last thing I need is the Queen on my back. Lol holding on til the bitter end. May just get her a Verizon Prepaid device until NV gets here in Charleston! :-(

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...