I was out by Metro tonight after work and picked up LTE on M6 about a half mile before I got to the Byron Center Ave exit. I was only there briefly but did some quick speed tests. Mostly got anywhere from 2-5 mbps but I did hit over 16 on one speed test which is attached.

I didn't have sensorly on my phone but I have to go back out there in the morning and if I remember to I'll turn it on and drive around if I have time.

post-9854-13589053486131_thumb.jpg

post-9854-1358905356979_thumb.jpg

post-9854-13589053664357_thumb.jpg

I feel I owe the Lansing/West Michigan peeps an apology, there are no in progress towers in Lansing that I can find. The tower identified lay week is not sprint nv upgrades, but at&t lte upgrades.

I got some good panel pictures and had digiblur take a look at them. I'm not sure why the tech I spoke with told me they were doing sprint work...

Sorry, I've asked Robert to remove the marker.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I feel I owe the Lansing/West Michigan peeps an apology, there are no in progress towers in Lansing that I can find. The tower identified lay week is not sprint nv upgrades, but at&t lte upgrades.

I got some good panel pictures and had digiblur take a look at them. I'm not sure why the tech I spoke with told me they were doing sprint work...

Sorry, I've asked Robert to remove the marker.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

Don't need to apoligize here, last week i assumed there was something going on b/c i was getting anywhere from 1-2mbps in south lansing. Now its pretty much back to normal running around 500kbps max. Kinda disappointed nothing has been done in the area yet.

• Like 1

anybody know where the next tower to turn on will be?

The next one that passes inspection and is accepted. It doesn't quite work the way you're thinking. There are dozens of sites being worked on. Each one goes live the moment it is ready.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'll be running through Byron Center again today. I'll sensorly the trip and see where else coverage is.

Don't know if anyone else was up in the Morley area or not, I missed seeing it hit, when I drove thru there this afternoon. Had to take the work truck to Big Rapids and had Sensorly running. When I got back to GR, I saw the app said I had hit 62 LTE points. I had to look at the map to see where! I would have passed thru there about an hour before you posted that. You're quick if those are my dots, because you found them before I even knew where I got the signal at!

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

EDITED...

Oops, that was supposed to be a reply to sprintjs

• Like 1

Going to Byron tonight to hit it up LTE. Morley' date=' MI is hitting a little purple also.[/quote']

Sorry, either Forum runner or my fat fingers goofed up. My previous post was meant as a reply to this.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

I talked to a t-com/network person at WMU and they were not aware of this yet. They said it will be interesting on this one as this site is still served via T-1s. Sprint has to work with them to get the fiber access and that can be interesting with the campus fiber plant being they only way and if there are any dark pairs between the campus PoPs and the building. Verizon is also on this building as is Clearwire. Verizon has a fiber path already. Not sure about Clearwire.

I also found the following others in Kalamazoo

And this one in Grand Rapids

There is one other in Jackson that i will post over in the East Michigan Market topic. ( http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2262-network-visionlte-east-michigan-market-detroitflintann-arbortri-cities/page__view__findpost__p__96448 )

I wonder what the time frame is from the time that these are published till the comment window closes, permits are issued and work begins.

Edited by azoclark

the bright spot of taking my children to the doctor to have immunizations yesterday was the nice LTE coverage i was able to pick up on Health Drive.

Nothing quiets the kids like cartoons from Hulu+ over LTE on the Note II!! No buffering.. i was getting between 5-11Mbps indoors... more than enough!

• Like 3

I had reception down 76th street until just shy of Wilson Ave. I just realized at that time that the sensorly iphone app does not allow mapping. SMH. This is what I get for straying from Android for a contract cycle!

I had reception down 76th street until just shy of Wilson Ave. I just realized at that time that the sensorly iphone app does not allow mapping. SMH. This is what I get for straying from Android for a contract cycle!

You should have known better

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I couldnt get sensorly to map when I was out by metro yesterday. Anytime I turned the map on it was showing new york or something.

Make sure you click "Map Trip" in the lower right after you first open the app, then hit the start button, it should just do it's thing until you tell it to stop.

Make sure you click "Map Trip" in the lower right after you first open the app, then hit the start button, it should just do it's thing until you tell it to stop.

I did, and all my location services were running, it thought it was on the east coast.

I did, and all my location services were running, it thought it was on the east coast.

Your GPS location showed up on the east coast? Or just the map loaded on the east coast? The map loading on/around New York is a known bug, but if you map data it should still work properly.

• Like 2

First I want to point out, I am not, and don't claim to be, an expert with the Sensorly program, I'm just trying to help and tell you what works for me and my understanding of the app.

I just start the app, go to this screen, hit start and let it sit there and do it's thing...

2013-01-24_22-54-26.jpg

All I do is occasionaly glance at the numbers going up.

As far as I know, when you call up the map (as mentioned above) in the app it seems to always start in New York for the displayed map location of ALL data from all users, and you would need to scroll the map to see the area you are in.

I don't think it will draw the coverage data on your display "live" as you are driving around. I believe it stores the data, and uploads it in small packets to Sensorly's server over time, and it will add it to the map after it has been uploaded.

If you click Menu on the bottom of the screen, and then Details, it will show a screen like this...

2013-01-24_23-06-02.jpg

You can see in this screen cap that it still has 20 Messages to send.

You should probably also check in " Parameters > Reporting " and see how it is set for sending, like only over WIFI or while charging, and either adjust the option, or meet that standard by plugging the charger in or connecting to WIFI.

For me, when I am done scanning, I hit Stop, then when I check the details and see it has no more messages to send, if I look at the map, I see my tracks.

But, if you are trying to watch it happen in real time on a map, I don't think you can do that, but it shouldn't take very long to show up once you have the data uploaded.

I may be wrong about any or all of this, and if someone knows better please chime in, I may learn something too.

• Like 1

I just re-read my previous post, one more thing, if you press that little upload arrow, next to the magnifying glass, on the details screen it will force the app to send in it's data.