• 5 months later...

The likely 1x800 site, based on two 1x800 and one 3g offset sectors is in West Michigan market south of Grayling, MI on I 75 near Little Mud Lake

For more details (premier): http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5107-lte-800-band-26-sites-accepted-discussion/page-172#entry511229 plus a few above that.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone in Grand Rapids? I was by the Woodland/Centerpointe Malls and saw in my logs what might be a small cell.

latitude: 42.92036
longitude: -85.58392
cellid: 0B29E001
physcellid: 484
dBm: -121
tac: 5906
band: 41
earfcn: 41211
mcc: 310
mnc: 120

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking that Sprint has made a deal with Meijer to put roof top small cells on their stores because I passed by a Meijer on the west side and went into a Meijer on Lake Lansing and SCP showed small cell each time. My signal peaked at -54dBm at times around the store on Lake Lansing.Screenshot_20180526-220133.thumb.png.b8368ef824eb39dab53098e61273cd81.png

• Like 3

On 5/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, notsrealinc said:

I'm thinking that Sprint has made a deal with Meijer to put roof top small cells on their stores because I passed by a Meijer on the west side and went into a Meijer on Lake Lansing and SCP showed small cell each time. My signal peaked at -54dBm at times around the store on Lake Lansing.Screenshot_20180526-220133.thumb.png.b8368ef824eb39dab53098e61273cd81.png

I haven't noticed this at West Saginaw, Grand Ledge, or Ionia, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

• 1 month later...

Any fellow West Michigan folks been having B41 issues the past week or so?  Randomly B41 is just totally unusable for 15-30 minutes.  I've noticed that my phone and/or magic box are useless.  At first I thought my MB was flaky so I turned it off and B25/B26 was stable, however, my phone eventually latched on to B41 and went to a brick.

Jeff.... having similar issues here on the east side of Michigan.    All I can get is a very crowded B25 (1900).      B41 is sometimes available, but data is not very good.  Speeds are way down.    

On 7/11/2018 at 11:10 AM, dro1984 said:

Jeff.... having similar issues here on the east side of Michigan.    All I can get is a very crowded B25 (1900).      B41 is sometimes available, but data is not very good.  Speeds are way down.    

B25 has been reliable over here, just a pain to shutdown the MB, etc.

I wish the Hidden Menu screens in the Android P beta would work so I could change the available bands

I don't normally see a lot of B41, but what I have seen this week has been stable and relatively fast, like normal. Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids mostly.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Freshly installed Airspan small cell on Chicago Ave and W Saginaw St:

UZmRXiv.jpg

t3cFQ8p.jpg

I saw BWL install power on the 24th. Has yet to be powered on. It seems to be backhualed by Ethernet (not relay). Ideas as to the ISP (possibly Lightspeed)?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/700+Chicago+Ave,+Lansing,+MI+48915/@42.7409101,-84.5699107,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8822ea875eebe707:0x7d7b14ec78f48ad4!8m2!3d42.741052!4d-84.5643317

Edited by notsrealinc
  • Like 3

On 9/30/2018 at 10:12 PM, notsrealinc said:

Freshly installed Airspan small cell on Chicago Ave and W Saginaw St:

UZmRXiv.jpg

t3cFQ8p.jpg

I saw BWL install power on the 24th. Has yet to be powered on. It seems to be backhualed by Ethernet (not relay). Ideas as to the ISP (possibly Lightspeed)?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/700+Chicago+Ave,+Lansing,+MI+48915/@42.7409101,-84.5699107,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8822ea875eebe707:0x7d7b14ec78f48ad4!8m2!3d42.741052!4d-84.5643317

I've seen a few SC connections pop up in SCP in the last two weeks, hope to see more density as it is needed!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, notsrealinc said:

T-Mobile roaming in East Lansing!

aIrqGSBKCE63YCY3iXRNGVZ0H51AkoUglISY354M

Have you guys seen roaming at all too?

I haven't seen anything, but I also haven't been actively looking either.  I've got a few spots out by Portland that should be covered by T-Mobile Roaming, but I still just lose service.

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't seen anything, but I also haven't been actively looking either.  I've got a few spots out by Portland that should be covered by T-Mobile Roaming, but I still just lose service.
I have question about this. Why if your getting Sprint 1x800 can you not get Sprint LTE then?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

I have question about this. Why if your getting Sprint 1x800 can you not get Sprint LTE then?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1x800 is usable at greater distances from the cell site than any other LTE signals. Plenty of reasons why LTE might not be available or reliable. 

Plus they seem to be adjusting roaming levels, allowing it when Sprint LTE signals are just weak, not all together absent. 

On 11/16/2018 at 1:35 AM, Dkoellerwx said:

1x800 is usable at greater distances from the cell site than any other LTE signals. Plenty of reasons why LTE might not be available or reliable. 

Plus they seem to be adjusting roaming levels, allowing it when Sprint LTE signals are just weak, not all together absent. 

My biggest issue currently is that when I roam on the local t-mobile site, it changes my system time to GMT and screws up all kinds of shit

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know who Sprint uses for backhaul in West Michigan?  Is it a master contract for the area, is it based on the tower leasing company, or is each tower a separate entity?  Portland starting having massive telco issues yesterday afternoon that still persist.  It's impacting almost all wired and wireless providers, so my gut is that its backhaul.  So bad that the school and city government have put out notices their phones aren't working, with internet access being very spotty.

I'm trying to figure out who the backhaul providers in the area how, but I'm coming up short on my Internet sluething.  I thought at&t and merit had fiber running through town, but I'm not able to confirm that via the online maps.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:54 AM, jefbal99 said:

Does anyone know who Sprint uses for backhaul in West Michigan?  Is it a master contract for the area, is it based on the tower leasing company, or is each tower a separate entity?  Portland starting having massive telco issues yesterday afternoon that still persist.  It's impacting almost all wired and wireless providers, so my gut is that its backhaul.  So bad that the school and city government have put out notices their phones aren't working, with internet access being very spotty.

I'm trying to figure out who the backhaul providers in the area how, but I'm coming up short on my Internet sluething.  I thought at&t and merit had fiber running through town, but I'm not able to confirm that via the online maps.

Turns out it was at&t backhaul, they got it fixed sometime on Saturday, the Sprint connectivity is still flakey, but its getting better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, notsrealinc said:

I'm thinking that Sprint has made a deal with Meijer to put roof top small cells on their stores because I passed by a Meijer on the west side and went into a Meijer on Lake Lansing and SCP showed small cell each time. My signal peaked at -54dBm at times around the store on Lake Lansing.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:10 PM, jefbal99 said:

I haven't noticed this at West Saginaw, Grand Ledge, or Ionia, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

Older post but I can confirm, all of the Meijer stores around my area in KY have a small cell on the roof with an antenna down inside the store also. Cellmapper has first seen dates of March and April 2019 on all of the ones I've checked so far around here.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this since this is under the old Sprint Network Vision deployment, but here it is anyways. Let me know if I should post this elsewhere. 

Received some sweet T-Mobile upgrades to a tower in Union City, MI. These upgrades were done on the same week the iPhone 12 was launched and finalized the day after the launch. This tower upgrade added completely new antennas with 5G support. LTE signal has greatly improved around this area, thanks to 600 and 700 MHz support on this tower. 

The only thing lacking on this tower right now is the capacity to it. Right now, I have only seen peak speeds of 35 Mbps download and 15 Mbps upload on 5G. This tower is most likely still being worked on, but so far, I’m impressed with the improvements. 

This tower now supports all of these frequencies.

LTE 600
LTE700A
LTE 1900
LTE 2100
4G/3G U1900
4G/3G U2100
2G
5G N600 SA
5G N600 NSA
5G N2500 NSA

50CB1CD6-CB64-4876-9F42-919B61870033.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hatstrow said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this since this is under the old Sprint Network Vision deployment, but here it is anyways. Let me know if I should post this elsewhere. 

I think this'll work just fine. Easier than creating a bunch of new threads. 

Thanks for the report!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Thought I would add some more content to our West Michigan Market forum, with some 5G upgrades happening around lower Michigan since there hasn't been much activity on here recently. My local T-Mobile tower has gotten some more upgrades in Union City, MI, which happened on April 11th. Not entirely sure what kind of changes they are doing on the sector, but they have installed some smaller antennas on the sector (bottom is T-Mobile). I would assume this is for adding 5G Ultra Capacity support on n41. I have yet to see any indication of that being enabled (using my iPhone 13 Pro as a test device). Band 41 used to be on all the Sprint towers nearby (there are about 2 within 3 miles), but have mostly been turned off, so I would assume they would be using the old band 41 frequency for 5G.

This T-Mobile tower was suffering from capacity issues for almost a year now, but ever since this upgrades, the speeds have greatly improved. I used to be seeing anywhere from 5 to 30 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload. Now I have seen upwards of 80 Mbps download and 55 upload on band 2 15 MHz 5G NSA, though the speeds have been fluctuating lately. Awesome to see T-Mobile moving so fast in improving the network and towers around this rural area; especially with 5G. 

IMG_0836.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hatstrow said:
Thought I would add some more content to our West Michigan Market forum, with some 5G upgrades happening around lower Michigan since there hasn't been much activity on here recently. My local T-Mobile tower has gotten some more upgrades in Union City, MI, which happened on April 11th. Not entirely sure what kind of changes they are doing on the sector, but they have installed some smaller antennas on the sector (bottom is T-Mobile). I would assume this is for adding 5G Ultra Capacity support on n41. I have yet to see any indication of that being enabled (using my iPhone 13 Pro as a test device). Band 41 used to be on all the Sprint towers nearby (there are about 2 within 3 miles), but have mostly been turned off, so I would assume they would be using the old band 41 frequency for 5G.

This T-Mobile tower was suffering from capacity issues for almost a year now, but ever since this upgrades, the speeds have greatly improved. I used to be seeing anywhere from 5 to 30 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload. Now I have seen upwards of 80 Mbps download and 55 upload on band 2 15 MHz 5G NSA, though the speeds have been fluctuating lately. Awesome to see T-Mobile moving so fast in improving the network and towers around this rural area; especially with 5G. 

IMG_0836.jpg

Those definitely look B41/n41 panels. 

• Like 3