I didn't see any topics for Network Vision in West Michigan, so I figured it was time to start a public thread to track this.

As of now, there hasn't been any confirmation of any Network Vision in the West Michigan market. Some initial installs were expected in September, but nothing has been reported or seen in any of the cities. Also, there have been no reports of eHRPD being turned on in the market.

The West Michigan market is basically everything west of US127/I75 splitting the State in half and all of the Lansing area. There are a few towers east of 127/75 to complete a city/town.

Full maps are available in the Sponsors and Premier Sponsors section

I will do my best to keep this thread updated as confirmed reports of work start rolling in from members in the market.

If you suspect NV may be underway in your area, please get a picture of the tower and the location of it (closest intersection, gps coordinates, address, etc)

Edited by jefbal99

I dont have tower locations but I do know the tower closest to I94 and Westnedge today was feeding off some 1.8mbs dwn .88 up.

This would be in the greater Kalamazoo/ Portage location. I wonder why they are starting work as it's getting colder around here? Seems like they are setting themselves up for delays this winter...

I dont have tower locations but I do know the tower closest to I94 and Westnedge today was feeding off some 1.8mbs dwn .88 up.

This would be in the greater Kalamazoo/ Portage location. I wonder why they are starting work as it's getting colder around here? Seems like they are setting themselves up for delays this winter...

I've seen those speeds on Legacy sites, so it could just be "maintenance" fixes from network.sprint.com. A couple of towers seem to be possible, but without pictures it is impossible to tell if anything has been done. If you become a sponsor, you can see the map of all the towers in Michigan and get to their locations to look at the antennas.

If you ever find sites in a possible NV market with 3G speeds greater than 1.4Mbps, you should go check out the site and look for new panels. I also tweaked the Topic Title a little to be more similar to other markets.

Robert

• Like 1

Yes, please get some pics if you can! I was there yesterday and kept losing 3G service (although I didn't get a chance to see what site I was connecting to for 1X even).

eHRPD just clicked on in 49331. I'm connected to DE34IP709. I assume this means the 4G Core for the area is online. I can also assume that eHRPD is live in Grand Rapids and the surrounding areas. I'll be a bit more downtown tomorrow to check.

This may have been on for some time; I only just now realized that the EVO LTE on CM10 has issues connecting to eHRPD. Not more than a couple weeks, as I've checked other phones in that time period.

edit: Also just pulled down a couple speed tests at 1.8+. 1895 Kbps and 1802 Kbps down. Screenshots available upon request, of course.

• Like 2

I can't wait until there is 4g in grand rapids, stuck on 3g which is getting like < .2 mbps down lol

Same thing in Lansing, very encouraging that eHRPD was found in GR. I'll check my Mom's Photon Q tonight when I pick up my son from a day with Mimi & Papa to see if we have it in Lansing.

Same thing in Lansing, very encouraging that eHRPD was found in GR. I'll check my Mom's Photon Q tonight when I pick up my son from a day with Mimi & Papa to see if we have it in Lansing.

Just wanted to chime in, drove all about the east side of GR, didn't lose eHRPD. Now, we just wait to see if any work has been done...
  • Like 1

I'm still getting extremely low speeds even on eHRPD though, I mainly tested at the GRCC main campus area

eHRPD doesn't mean improved data speeds, sadly. The towers still need the NV-level backhaul. GRCC's towers are probably horribly overloaded.

It's making me cry. I got my phone and on the way to GR i was getting average 3G speeds but as soon as I got to GR bam lol

screenshot2012102015192.png

That's what it usually is around

EDIT: Oh man just ran it now and it's decent! :D

screenshot2012102015254.png

It's making me cry. I got my phone and on the way to GR i was getting average 3G speeds but as soon as I got to GR bam lol

That's what it usually is around

EDIT: Oh man just ran it now and it's decent! :D

Well, if you do spend a lot of time downtown, you could always find/buy a WiMAX device and swap off to that for a while until we get LTE. Of course, almost any WiMAX device other than the Epic Touch is gonna feel like a downgrade from the Nexus...

I have to drive to Charlevoix and back on Friday for a funeral, I'm thinking of taking 131 south all through West Michigan to see what is active.

As long as I get my Note 2 on Thursday

• Like 2

Had to come home 75-127, got eHRPD in Gaylord and kept it until between Shepard/Ithaca. Still nothing in Lansing

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Not sure if its an oddity or some work, but seeing midday pings around 100ms and 500k-800k down with 800k up in Lansing.

I think its time to go tower hunting again.

• Like 2

Down here in Toledo I've had some people running 89 ms and 2mb down and have ehrdp on speed test...sorry it's the wrong thread but I live on Ohio/Michigan border lol

Edited by keelerman8042
  • Like 1