Sprint NV handout

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 November 2011

Not the same PDF from the Oct. 7 event/Sprint's investors page. Not much new info either. I believed these pdf's were giving to Sprint business customers do to the wording in the FAQ section.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/files/download/13-sprint-network-vision-handout/

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 16 November 2011

This is a great post. I will have to sticky this one. Thanks for sharing!!!

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 18 November 2011

Sprint always seems to miss the mark PR wise. This looks like the slides from the investor meeting. If I were calling the shots, i would have a version of this running in a loop at all Sprint retail locations so prospective customers could see the future unfold before them. As well as marketing this information so peeps could see Sprint is working at improving network issues instead of us hearing all the bad press in blogs and the media.

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 19 November 2011

There is a little bit more updated from the investor meeting, but not much. I agree with you about developing something substantial for their customers and potential customers. And putting it on continuous loop in their retails stores would be a good move.

Guest Jail-RN

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 7 January 2012

So what is going to happen to those of us that just bought a new phone and have no WiMax service? Are they going to keep charging us for the upgraded service $10 per phone per month that we cannot use?

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 7 January 2012

Unfortunately, Sprint now charges the $10 Premium Data fee on all smartphones, even just 3G only capable smartphones. So irregardless of 4G coverage, Sprint customers pay the fee. I know it's unpopular, but Sprint has needed those $10 fees. It's still an unprofitable company. It's not as if those fees went to line the company with fat profits. In reality, Sprint needs to charge $15 or $20 fees. But it knows it would no longer be competitive.

This cannot happen soon enough. The amount of wireless data is DOUBLING every year. I think Sprint is spot-on to not only accelerate Network Vision but also to deploy femto units to address indoor coverage and offload traffic from the towers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 November 2011

Not the same PDF from the Oct. 7 event/Sprint's investors page. Not much new info either. I believed these pdf's were giving to Sprint business customers do to the wording in the FAQ section.

http://s4gru.com/ind...vision-handout/

I have updated the link on the original post. I have added the PDF to be hosted here on our servers in case the original link ever went dead. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

How the heck do I upload attachments in a post? I don't know how to upload files into my library.

Only Premier Sponsors, S4GRU Writers, Moderators and Administrators can save files/pics to our servers. We are limited in the amount of server space we have, so we are chintzy in who gets to save files. You can use third party places to save attachments. Even Tapatalk and Forum Runner will allow you to save files to their servers to feature on S4GRU. Heck, I even sometimes will use Facebook and Google+ to host them, harvest the URL, and post here.

Robert

• Like 1

You can also use imgur.com and link the files. But even if you cannot afford Premier Sponsorship, donating a few bucks for regular Sponsorship to keep the lights on around here gives you access to a wealth of maps as well as sponsor-only chats.

Eric is a sponsor.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

Robert,

Have you found or posted the was easiest way to become sponsor while mobile? Tapatalk or mobile Web....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Robert' date='

Have you found or posted the was easiest way to become sponsor while mobile? Tapatalk or mobile Web....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2[/quote']

Every link I have tried to post will not work because the link generated is session dependent. I have an email into PayPal asking them to provide me a link.

Isn't that link only for NonProfit Orgs? Not sure if S4GRU is a registered 501C3, although I could be wrong. I am very new around here after all.

oops... I guess I didn't pay attention. I want to donate but the only way I'm able to do so is via google checkout or something that accepts credit cards. PayPal screwed me over so I'm unable to use my card with them.

S4GRU is an unregistered not for profit site. It would be easier for us to become a commercial site than to register as a non-profit organization. It's not worth the bureaucratic red tape. Also, as a non-profit, some of our required filings would show source names. And I could never do that.

Since S4GRU is not a business with a profit incentive, and I'm just a guy, we will not be making this thing much more elaborate than it is now. I just don't have the resources.

But I thank you all who have contributed and would like to contribute. PayPal donations are what pays our costs and keeps the site live.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 16 November 2011

This is a great post. I will have to sticky this one. Thanks for sharing!!!

On page 16 on the PDF, there's a Venn diagram with LTE, WiMAX overlap. In the left one, the numbers work out but in the right one: it says 277M LTE but on the same page, it says 250M LTE; which is it?

Also, whichever number it is for final LTE coverage, is that coverage with or without 800MHz LTE meaning, will some of Sprints currently planned LTE pops only be covered with 800MHz and not PCS LTE?

On page 16 on the PDF, there's a Venn diagram with LTE, WiMAX overlap. In the left one, the numbers work out but in the right one: it says 277M LTE but on the same page, it says 250M LTE; which is it?

Also, whichever number it is for final LTE coverage, is that coverage with or without 800MHz LTE meaning, will some of Sprints currently planned LTE pops only be covered with 800MHz and not PCS LTE?

I wouldn't read too much into the POPs covered. They were very early initial projections.

Additionally, there will not be any areas with only LTE 800 but no LTE 1900 within existing Sprint coverage areas. However, there is a chance that in new coverage areas, ala Montana, it is possible they may deploy LTE 800 and CDMA 800 only. However, if you have a fully functioning Network Vision site, the cost to add just CDMA and LTE 1900 is pretty negligible. So I would add them too.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I wouldn't read too much into the POPs covered. They were very early initial projections.

Additionally, there will not be any areas with only LTE 800 but no LTE 1900 within existing Sprint coverage areas. However, there is a chance that in new coverage areas, ala Montana, it is possible they may deploy LTE 800 and CDMA 800 only. However, if you have a fully functioning Network Vision site, the cost to add just CDMA and LTE 1900 is pretty negligible. So I would add them too.

So what's the new current projected POPs buildout for LTE? I keep reading from Sprint 250M, not 277M.

So what's the new current projected POPs buildout for LTE? I keep reading from Sprint 250M, not 277M.

I don't know. It's not a metric I watch or care about. Sprint is building out and converting its entire network. I follow the progress of each individual site. I'm more interested in geographical coverage.

Who cares how many theoretical people the network covers? I'm only interested in one POP...me. Where does it cover the places I go? POPs is a number for bureaucrats and investors. It's pretty meaningless, IMHO.

• Like 2