Change 4G symbol on android devices?

Synovialbasher

I used to know how to do this on my note 3, can someone please tell me how to do this on my note 5? I can't find the systemui.apk anywhere. Is it stored somewhere differently on this phone? I've searched throughout root explorer and its no longer in system/app/systemui.apk 

Priv-App under system for systemUI now. It changed sometime in Lollipop.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Thanks, I actually found it a little while ago through too much searching haha. Any reason why mine would all be .qmg files now instead of .png files like they used to be? I don't know how to work with them as .qmg. Thanks for your help!

Thanks, I actually found it a little while ago through too much searching haha. Any reason why mine would all be .qmg files now instead of .png files like they used to be? I don't know how to work with them as .qmg. Thanks for your help!

Haven't themed anything in awhile. Maybe they don't use .9 patch anymore for image stretching. My only guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Could it be because I'm using the older, alpha version for my root? This one ---> Noble_Kernel_Auto-Root_N920P_v0.1_Alpha.zip.

It looks to be Samsung specific.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4351947/what-is-the-use-of-qmg-file-in-android

Are all of the files .qmg inside the SystemUI.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi?

yes most of them are. There are a few that are png

If you're changing the signal icons on a Note 3, it should be in the xhdpi folder. They should be your standard PNG files. I would use Gimp2 imaging software if you need something that's a good free alternative to Photoshop.

If your device runs 1440p resolution, the icons you're looking for are in the xxhdpi folder.