Network Vision/LTE - Central Iowa Market (Des Moines and surrounding areas)

sweyers

Yeah, you already posted that yesterday morning. No need to quote and post again. :wall:

No need to be a douche when I'm asking informative questions bro. Regardless whatever my profile says. Be respectful and I will back.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to be a douche when I'm asking informative questions bro. Regardless whatever my profile says. Be respectful and I will back.

Thanks

I read your post about the trolling part of your profile, and took your word at it. Then, you post again, replying to my post acting like I just called you out again (which I hadn't). If you had left it at what you posted yesterday, I wouldn't have replied again.

Thanks

Brynn, you're outta line. You may not realize, but Dkoellerwx is a Moderator. Your discussion tone with a staff member is in violation of the rules.

Brynn, you've been with our Facebook page for years. I appreciate your interest in S4GRU and Sprint. But you need to calm down here in the forums. Dkoellerwx is just trying to help you.

Robert

S4GRU Admin

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

He said that I was trolling based off my profile when I in fact was not and I made that known. Everyone takes things differently and I found what he said to me not helpful at all and insulting. That argument can go both ways. I've dropped it after I stated my case.

He said that I was trolling based off my profile when I in fact was not and I made that known. Everyone takes things differently and I found what he said to me not helpful at all and insulting. That argument can go both ways. I've dropped it after I stated my case.

But the Rules are the rules, must respect all staff. Just let it be at that.

Rickie

But the Rules are the rules, must respect all staff. Just let it be at that.

Rickie

That's fine, you guys think he was being helpful when I didn't. It's a lose lose situation. I've let it go a long time ago. I will get my subjective information from others on here in regards to sprint from here on out.

Thanks.

That's fine, you guys think he was being helpful when I didn't. It's a lose lose situation. I've let it go a long time ago. I will get my subjective information from others on here in regards to sprint from here on out.

Thanks.

Brynn,

I'm sorry if I've upset you. I've been answering your questions on the Facebook page for a long time and I don't think we've ever had an issue. For me, it is frustrating when people ask questions that have been clearly answered in previous (and in this case recent) posts in the current thread. So going forward, please do a couple of things and everything will be fine.

1) Make sure you're reading carefully. If you don't understand something, that's fine, ask about it. But the location and type of signal that had been added in this case was clearly explained in the last two pages.

2) Update your profile. It is not possible for us to ascertain if someone is joking or serious when they list "Trolling" as their reason for being here. We do get trolls, and they are not appreciated. I will say I did not immediately connect your profile here with your Facebook posts, or I may not have made that comment.

No one is out to get you, no one is trying to disrespect you. If you have questions, ask! Just make sure you've made every effort to educate yourself on the topic. And if you get the chance, browse the forums on a desktop, it makes it much easier to find the information you are looking for (as much as I like Tapatalk, searching is not one of it's strong suits).

• 2 months later...

Anyone else in the Des Moines area have issues connecting and staying on B41? I am in town for several days and I seem to be stuck on B25 &B26. The few seconds I've been on B41, I did see the 3rd carrier.

(FYI, I'm mostly downtown)

Anyone else in the Des Moines area have issues connecting and staying on B41? I am in town for several days and I seem to be stuck on B25 &B26. The few seconds I've been on B41, I did see the 3rd carrier.

(FYI, I'm mostly downtown)

i only hit 1 B41 tower on a daily basis, i rarely ever get to where any other B41 towers are, so my experience is very limited. but the 1 tower i do frequent always has random issue of kicking me off B41 down to B25 or B26. its been doing it for months. it also has random performance issues, sometimes i'll only get ~10 meg and other times i'll hit 80 meg. its not a busy area either so i doubt its usage. anyway, sounds like with what you are seeing there are some issues in the area. 

i only hit 1 B41 tower on a daily basis, i rarely ever get to where any other B41 towers are, so my experience is very limited. but the 1 tower i do frequent always has random issue of kicking me off B41 down to B25 or B26. its been doing it for months. it also has random performance issues, sometimes i'll only get ~10 meg and other times i'll hit 80 meg. its not a busy area either so i doubt its usage. anyway, sounds like with what you are seeing there are some issues in the area.

Yeah. Clearly there is B41 (Sensorly backs that up), but it needs a lot of tuning so that people stay on it longer and so that it is more consistent. Hopefully NGN fixes it, it's just frustrating in the meantime.

• 2 months later...

for those still around they started switching towers from 2 5x5 B25 carriers to a single 10x10 B25 carrier today! not all of them are done but they should hopefully be over the next few days.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Hello ironman, I have 2 questions if you would have time...........1. what do you think of the LG flex 2?  I'm getting my daughter changed over here to Sprint and she uses a LG Flex (and loves it) on T-Mobile and I am suggesting a Flex 2.  I am on a LG V20 so I can't tell her about it....... 2. Has the tower in the racetrack parking lot in Knoxville, IA  have the LTE turned on yet?  at times there are thousands of people there and there is virtually no data (3g at less than 1 meg if at all).  we get our lap times and lineup through the phones now and last season was terrible for data.  maybe you might know who to talk to.  thanks for your time......Dennis

• Like 1

Hello ironman, I have 2 questions if you would have time...........1. what do you think of the LG flex 2?  I'm getting my daughter changed over here to Sprint and she uses a LG Flex (and loves it) on T-Mobile and I am suggesting a Flex 2.  I am on a LG V20 so I can't tell her about it....... 2. Has the tower in the racetrack parking lot in Knoxville, IA  have the LTE turned on yet?  at times there are thousands of people there and there is virtually no data (3g at less than 1 meg if at all).  we get our lap times and lineup through the phones now and last season was terrible for data.  maybe you might know who to talk to.  thanks for your time......Dennis

i would not get the Flex 2, it was a terrible phone. a V10 or V20 would be a much better option. sorry i can't help you on the tower question, i don't ever get to knoxville and i've also switched to t-mobile last fall so i don't have any way of tracking sprint stuff anymore.

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, sarcoptic said:

Finally something new for the area...Sprint turned something on last night as I am getting LTE Plus consistently from DSM to Ames.  About time :)

Where or what are you seeing to indicate you getting "LTE Plus?"

12 minutes ago, sarcoptic said:

I have an essential phone which is pretty much stock android.  They have a signal icon that differentiates between LTE and LTE+.

Oh, that's cool.  Can you send a screenshot of it?

Curious how to tell in Samsung ##debug screen. Would the bandwidth show more than 10mhz on band 25 if it were aggregating? I'm in Urbandale and it alternates between 10mhz on band 25 and 20mhz on band 41. Guessing I'm not getting LTE plus from this tower (WDM Marriott). 

15 minutes ago, dleewee said:

Curious how to tell in Samsung ##debug screen. Would the bandwidth show more than 10mhz on band 25 if it were aggregating? I'm in Urbandale and it alternates between 10mhz on band 25 and 20mhz on band 41. Guessing I'm not getting LTE plus from this tower (WDM Marriott). 

LTE + is the name they use for B41, so if you see B41 you are on "LTE +". the WDM marriott definitely has B41, it got it back when i was still on sprint and i confirmed it from that tower.

12 minutes ago, bmoses said:

LTE + is the name they use for B41, so if you see B41 you are on "LTE +". the WDM marriott definitely has B41, it got it back when i was still on sprint and i confirmed it from that tower.

Oh, haha, yeah I guess I've had "LTE plus" for quite a long time then (while at work). I'l have to take look when I'm in Indianola as I've never seen band 41 there before. 

I was hoping to see some carrier aggregation but apparently I'm getting ahead of myself. If there a sprint marketing term for CA? 

1 hour ago, dleewee said:

Oh, haha, yeah I guess I've had "LTE plus" for quite a long time then (while at work). I'l have to take look when I'm in Indianola as I've never seen band 41 there before. 

I was hoping to see some carrier aggregation but apparently I'm getting ahead of myself. If there a sprint marketing term for CA? 

In areas where there are 2 Band 25 carriers, they have started aggregating those. "LTE Plus" is the term for B41 Carrier Aggregation (2xCA or 3xCA). I don't believe there is a marketing term for Band 25 2xCA. 

2 hours ago, clbowens said:

Oh, that's cool.  Can you send a screenshot of it?

Yep B41 is what turns on LTE+ icon...however in Ames there is no B41 but I still had the icon on.  I wonder if when they CA 2x Band 25 if this causes the phone to display the LTE+ icon too?  Does SignalCheck give any indication that there is CA going on?  Here is the screenshot for those who asked.  This was in a B41 area.

desktop.jpg

signalcheck.jpg

Edited by sarcoptic