SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

23 hours ago, Trip said:

Interesting, it also appears to be giving you correct EARFCN values for Band 66, so maybe they've fixed that issue as well.

Some OEMs have fixed it on their end.. OnePlus devices have been reporting properly for awhile.

-Mike

• Like 3

Some OEMs have fixed it on their end.. OnePlus devices have been reporting properly for awhile.
-Mike
When are we getting an update?

[emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Android P on Pixel 2 XL and SCP has remained consistent for me
Does it show neighbor cells from different bands? Or does it still show them as unknown?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, ingenium said:

Does it show neighbor cells from different bands? Or does it still show them as unknown?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yup, seeing both B25 and B26

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Is this really B25 CA? Just noticed this earlier.

volvo1.jpg

Reminder that SCP does not show you carrier aggregation. It only tells you what carrier you are connected to. That is a second carrier. You would have to check your engineering screen to see if CA is active.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Reminder that SCP does not show you carrier aggregation. It only tells you what carrier you are connected to. That is a second carrier. You would have to check your engineering screen to see if CA is active.

Usually scp would should 10x10 not B25 2 that's why I was confused.

4 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Usually scp would should 10x10 not B25 2 that's why I was confused.

The GCI is not one that SCP recognizes as a 10x10 carrier. There are certain GCIs that (at least until lately) were only used for 10x10 carriers. That GCI is only recognized as a 2nd carrier. Where was the 10x10 carrier located? It's possible you now have a 10x10 carrier plus a 5x5 2nd carrier. 

1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

The GCI is not one that SCP recognizes as a 10x10 carrier. There are certain GCIs that (at least until lately) were only used for 10x10 carriers. That GCI is only recognized as a 2nd carrier. Where was the 10x10 carrier located? It's possible you now have a 10x10 carrier plus a 5x5 2nd carrier. 

Not sure where it is located but a separate 5x5 is possible I guess.

8 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

At the bar right across from my work for comparison.

2j0l8bd.jpg

So that is the same carrier as your other screenshot. Notice the DL EARFCN is 8290 in both screenshots. However it looks like you are in a different market code, so they may be using a different GCI scheme. It would appear to me that your 2nd carrier is 10x10 in both cases, plus the original G Block 5x5 carrier. If CA is active, you would have 10+5 on the download side.

Edited to note that Samsung markets appear to be making GCI changes in many markets, so they may be only part way through the change in your area.

4 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

So that is the same carrier as your other screenshot. Notice the DL EARFCN is 8290 in both screenshots. However it looks like you are in a different market code, so they may be using a different GCI scheme. It would appear to me that your 2nd carrier is 10x10 in both cases, plus the original G Block 5x5 carrier. If CA is active, you would have 10+5 on the download side.

Edited to note that Samsung markets appear to be making GCI changes in many markets, so they may be only part way through the change in your area.

I thought my market was Alcatel? 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing a lot of B41 MM pop up recently filling in coverage gaps, very exciting. Now if they could just put one near my work where even Verizon doesn't even have a usable signal. Damn cinderblock basement.

Edited by BlueAngel

Not sure if I caught this in testing or if this is supposed to be live, but looks like AT&T is starting to fire up B14. This is the first of it that I have seen. SCP correctly Identified it.

C9JkPPj.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

Not sure if I caught this in testing or if this is supposed to be live, but looks like AT&T is starting to fire up B14. This is the first of it that I have seen. SCP correctly Identified it.

C9JkPPj.jpg

My GOD, don't miss your turn! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdob07 said:

C9JkPPj.jpg

Nice find!

B14 is going to be huge for AT&T as it allows them 25 MHz of lowband FDD LTE in most markets while maintaining lowband WCDMA/HSPA. The network expansion requirements are going to be really good for their network as well. I’m excited to see how this plays out for them. 

49 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

14 is going to be huge for AT&T as it allows them 25 MHz of lowband FDD LTE in most markets while maintaining lowband WCDMA/HSPA. The network expansion requirements are going to be really good for their network as well. I’m excited to see how this plays out for them. 

WCDMA-5 fallback will be huge for At&t if they keep it. VoLTE reliability just isn't cutting it for both T-Mobile and Verizon's lowband LTE. Calls can get too choppy on the upload side at times.

In terms of coverage;

1xRTT BC1 (1900 Mhz) > VoLTE Band 12/13 (700 Mhz)

21 minutes ago, greenbastard said:

WCDMA-5 fallback will be huge for At&t if they keep it. VoLTE reliability just isn't cutting it for both T-Mobile and Verizon's lowband LTE. Calls can get too choppy on the upload side at times.

In terms of coverage;

1xRTT BC1 (1900 Mhz) > VoLTE Band 12/13 (700 Mhz)

Completely agreed. I think good times are ahead for AT&T.