SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

I'm not sure, but it seems like there was an issue with your data activation somewhere along the way. I'd certainly point out to them that your voice, 1X data, and LTE data connections work fine, but EV-DO does not. There isn't much that SignalCheck can help you with other than that mobile data status at the top of the screen.

-Mike

Thank you again.  Ting recommended a carrier reset with Wi-Fi turned off.  That borked voice, text, LTE and 1x as well.  I then performed a factory reset which got the phone mostly working again.  I still do not have 3G data but something has changed.  SCP now reports the connection as "Inactive" instead of as unregistered.  It also reports a 1xRTT and eHRPD connection.  The Sprint connection icon in the drop down box does not show 3G.  The Service State under SIM Status in Settings shows Data as "In Service".  Baffled as to why the Data Service State shows to be In Service when SCP shows it (apparently correctly) to be inactive. 

If I set the Preferred Network Type to 1x, the Sprint icon shows the connection to be 3G.  SCP reports only a 1xRTT connection which I assume is correct.

If Ting can't figure something out soon, I may start a new thread or post in the Moto X PE thread.

Would welcome input from anyone.  Scratching my head at this point and wondering if I just have a bad phone.

DC

Regarding the broken 1x/LTE on the Nexus 6 post Marshmallow, it seems LTE Discovery is able to consistently work. It shows the correct info even when the LTE engineering screen is missing the PLMN and Serving Cell (which triggers the bug in SCP). I tested it on known sites and it has the correct GCI.

So LTE Discovery must be reading the information differently than SCP or the engineering screen.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 3

Regarding the broken 1x/LTE on the Nexus 6 post Marshmallow, it seems LTE Discovery is able to consistently work. It shows the correct info even when the LTE engineering screen is missing the PLMN and Serving Cell (which triggers the bug in SCP). I tested it on known sites and it has the correct GCI.

So LTE Discovery must be reading the information differently than SCP or the engineering screen.

Sent from my Nexus 6

lordsutch's Signal Detector (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3153-cheesy-esmrlte-base-station-tracker)

is also working correctly for me in places that SCP does not work. It seems to reliably detect the band/gci. It does unfortunately show both 1x and LTE active, but maybe an option to not display 1x when LTE is active would make sense.

lordsutch's Signal Detector (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3153-cheesy-esmrlte-base-station-tracker)

is also working correctly for me in places that SCP does not work. It seems to reliably detect the band/gci. It does unfortunately show both 1x and LTE active, but maybe an option to not display 1x when LTE is active would make sense.

Some phones like the LG G4 can actually track cdma signal strength while active on Sprint LTE (not Clearwire). This can be be watched on debug as well. It does not allow you to make a phone call and keep the LTE active. The LG G4 also keeps a list of LTE by Sid nid bid.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping someone can help me. Before factory resetting my phone, I saved a backup of my site logs. I'm trying to load them back into SCP and it doesn't seem to be letting me do so. Am I missing something? Also, will the log that I saved include my site notes? That's really what I'm hoping to get back on my phone.

Sent from my Note 4

I'm hoping someone can help me. Before factory resetting my phone, I saved a backup of my site logs. I'm trying to load them back into SCP and it doesn't seem to be letting me do so. Am I missing something? Also, will the log that I saved include my site notes? That's really what I'm hoping to get back on my phone.

Sent from my Note 4

What steps are you taking?

What steps are you taking?

I can't remember if I hit "export" or "backup" logs before I reset my phone, but it saved a ".csv" file. I go to import log and find the file on my phone, and when I tap it, it does nothing.

Sent from my Note 4

I can't remember if I hit "export" or "backup" logs before I reset my phone, but it saved a ".csv" file. I go to import log and find the file on my phone, and when I tap it, it does nothing.

Sent from my Note 4

A .csv  file would indicate export.  Backup would have given you a .db file.   :unsure:

Oh well. I guess I'll have to start over on my notes.

Sent from my Note 4

I can try to take the two(CDMA and LTE) csv files and turn it into a db file with SqliteBrowser.

• Like 2

Oh well. I guess I'll have to start over on my notes.

Sent from my Note 4

Or you could build a db from the csv with a program like DB Browser.

Sorry for following Jeffery_J post I must be tired you could try the premier file too. Not sure how much of shentel I cover.

B25 second carrier

• Like 2

Maximum possible speed remains the same, but users are divided over the two carriers, thus your speed can double.

• Like 3

Is this a bug? Nexus 6P. Doing a speed test shows that I actually am on LTE. Seen this a few times since I got the phone yesterday.

Yep. It's a well known bug with 6.0.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I'm wondering if the OS is seeing the device checking for eCSFB paging? When watching the engineering screens both 1x and LTE are updating. It is really weird

Sent from Moto X Pure via Tapatalk