SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Mine's done that before.  I have no idea what causes it, but it happens maybe once every 6 months.

I'd give it a reboot and it'll likely go away.

yea i've tried rebooting and it still is a drain.  i've even tried uninstall, reboot, clear cache partition, reinstall.

running version 4.28,signal check pro largest user of battery right now on my galaxy S6.

I have logging and location enabled, location accuracy set at 100m, have even bumped up to 10km, still just eating thru battery. Have rebooted phone, i've uninstalled and reinstalled.

I get occasional reports of spikes like this; my only guess is that some external element that SignalCheck relies on (such as GPS) is chewing up battery for some reason, and it is being attributed to SCP because that's the app using it. I really don't know what else it could be. It's running 24/7 on tens of thousands of devices (including mine), and I only hear of issues very sporadically, so its hard for me to nail down. It certainly seems to be a random issue that resolves itself quickly.

yea i've tried rebooting and it still is a drain. i've even tried uninstall, reboot, clear cache partition, reinstall.

Have you tried disabling the Location and/or Logger services within the app to see if that helps?

-Mike

• Like 4

Hi Mike.  I was wondering with the new Sprint phones containing 2xCA capabilities, is there a way to extract the information where you can indicate if you are currently connected to 2xCA B41 LTE?  I think that would be a great addition to the app in your next version if it is possible.

• Like 1

Hi Mike. I was wondering with the new Sprint phones containing 2xCA capabilities, is there a way to extract the information where you can indicate if you are currently connected to 2xCA B41 LTE? I think that would be a great addition to the app in your next version if it is possible.

Definitely this, or at least with Signal Check Pro, which I have and would love to see this happen.

Hi Mike.  I was wondering with the new Sprint phones containing 2xCA capabilities, is there a way to extract the information where you can indicate if you are currently connected to 2xCA B41 LTE?  I think that would be a great addition to the app in your next version if it is possible.

Given that HTC and Motorola don't even show said information on internal engineering screens, probably not. It is a fair assumption carrier aggregation is present if SignalCheck indicates the 2nd carrier. Otherwise to confirm right now you need a Samsung or LG device or commit the atrocity of an unnecessary speed test. 

• Like 2

Given that HTC and Motorola don't even show said information on internal engineering screens, probably not. It is a fair assumption carrier aggregation is present if SignalCheck indicates the 2nd carrier. Otherwise to confirm right now you need a Samsung or LG device or commit the atrocity of an unnecessary speed test

32b.png

• Like 5

Given that HTC and Motorola don't even show said information on internal engineering screens, probably not. It is a fair assumption carrier aggregation is present if SignalCheck indicates the 2nd carrier. Otherwise to confirm right now you need a Samsung or LG device or commit the atrocity of an unnecessary speed test. 

It sounds like SignalCheck Pro already displays all available EARFCNs the phone is connected to a tower so to me that is sufficient enough to indicate that you are connected via 2xCA?  Is this correct?  I just wasn't sure if SignalCheck only displayed the PCC carrier EARFCN and not the SCC carrier EARFCN.

SCP does not display EARFCNs

EDIT:  Updated some info based on responses below. 

It sounds like SignalCheck Pro already displays all available EARFCNs the phone is connected to a tower so to me that is sufficient enough to indicate that you are connected via 2xCA?  Is this correct?  I just wasn't sure if SignalCheck only displayed the PCC carrier EARFCN and not the SCC carrier EARFCN.

I don't think it's reporting 2 carrier based on EARFCN and has no way to report 2xCA.  The app seems to report based solely on GCI's that are known to be 2nd carrier.  We should, safely assume 2xCA is being utilized IF you are on a 2xCA compatible device since we know that non-2xCA capable devices can connect to the second carrier too while they can't utilize 2xCA. 

• Like 3

I don't think it's reporting 2 carrier based on EARFCN and has no way to report 2xCA.  The app seems to report based solely on GCI's that are known to be 2nd carrier.  We should, safely assume 2xCA is being utilized IF you are on a 2xCA compatible device since we know that non-2xCA capable devices can connect to the second carrier too while they can't utilize 2xCA. 

Gotcha.  What is the EARFCN that is commonly being used as the 2nd carrier?

Gotcha.  What is the EARFCN that is commonly being used as the 2nd carrier?

Here is the thread where the EARFCN's are being tracked/logged >>>>> http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5454-network-vision-and-spark-earfcn-logging-thread/

In our market (Eastern NE/Western IA) which is Samsung the GCI for 2nd carrier are those with suffix 03, 04, 05 and I "think" anything ending with an "A" is also 2nd carrier as we have a four sector site with one of those. I also caught a "A" site last time I was Houston. 

Here is the thread where the EARFCN's are being tracked/logged >>>>> http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5454-network-vision-and-spark-earfcn-logging-thread/

In our market (Eastern NE/Western IA) which is Samsung the GCI for 2nd carrier are those with suffix 03, 04, 05 and I "think" anything ending with an "A" is also 2nd carrier as we have a four sector site with one of those. I also caught a "A" site last time I was Houston.

In San Francisco (Samsung market) we have a mix of 03, 04, 05 and 09, 0A, 0B for the second B41 carrier. EARFCN is 40254. We won't have any Clear second carrier until after the WiMax shutdown, so those GCI endings are still TBD.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

In San Francisco (Samsung market) we have a mix of 03, 04, 05 and 09, 0A, 0B for the second B41 carrier. EARFCN is 40254. We won't have any Clear second carrier until after the WiMax shutdown, so those GCI endings are still TBD.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Unless they deviate from the pattern (which apparently they already have in your market with the Sprint B41 sites) Clear B41 2nd carrier uses 09, 0A, 0B.

• Like 1

Sent from my Nexus 6

No second clear band 41 will exist in Huawei markets.

Sent from my Nexus 5

No second clear band 41 will exist in Huawei markets.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Even once wimax is shut down? I thought the Huawei equipment could support multiple B41 carriers once they stop broadcasting WiMax?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Even once wimax is shut down? I thought the Huawei equipment could support multiple B41 carriers once they stop broadcasting WiMax?

Sent from my Nexus 6

True yes but only a second 10 MHz carrier no CA (Huawei IBW = 30 MHz). Recall Huawei equipment are circa 2008-2009 era design. Nor was Huawei ever listed in any of our source documentations regarding D1 B41 test subjects whereas Samsung was listed for B41 D1 CA testing.

Only Samsung dual mode RRUs can as those support up to 80 MHz IBW and up to 4 B41 LTE carriers. 

True yes but only a second 10 MHz carrier no CA (Huawei IBW = 30 MHz). Recall Huawei equipment are circa 2008-2009 era design. Nor was Huawei ever listed in any of our source documentations regarding D1 B41 test subjects whereas Samsung was listed for B41 D1 CA testing.

Only Samsung dual mode RRUs can as those support up to 80 MHz IBW and up to 4 B41 LTE carriers.

Ahh. That's a shame. I was looking forward to a capacity boost from another carrier on Clear sites.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ahh. That's a shame. I was looking forward to a capacity boost from another carrier on Clear sites.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Capacity boost will come from Sprint being mandated to replace those Huawei equipment. Simple one for one swap NBD.

But this is off topic so lets end it here. 

Quick question....and I am certain that this has been answered before, but since I am on Tapatalk, it is difficult to scroll through all of the previous posts...

Recently I have been attempting to export Log files from SCP.

I have found the Export option, and have tapped it. I get the message that the Log was successfully exported, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Please let me know where to look for the expedited Log files.

Thanks.

Quick question....and I am certain that this has been answered before, but since I am on Tapatalk, it is difficult to scroll through all of the previous posts...

Recently I have been attempting to export Log files from SCP.

I have found the Export option, and have tapped it. I get the message that the Log was successfully exported, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Please let me know where to look for the expedited Log files.

Thanks.

You can use a file Explorer like Total Commander and navigate to your internal (should just say "SD") storage where you'll find a SignalCheck folder.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1