Largest markets without LTE

After reading the latest list of 28 market roll-out it made me wonder what the criteria is that Sprint uses to update a market. A few of these markets are towns that I honestly have heard of. And many more that I have heard of I know are small towns.

It made me wonder what are the largest markets that currently have Sprint 3G service but no mention of 4G? (Not that they haven't started or finished yet but no mention of the market at all).

My market is Des Moines, IA - a market of about 500,000 people. To my knowledge, Des Moines, or any town in Iowa for that matter, has not even been mentioned by Sprint as of yet. Unusually, or are there many, many examples of this?

Just a preemptive reminder, folks, that Network Vision is not proceeding with a population focused deployment model. Sprint, vendors, and contractors are working as quickly as possible with the resources available. Some locales will see Network Vision deployment before others. That is just the nature of the game because it is infeasible to deploy everywhere simultaneously.

Now, this thread will stay open as long as the discussion remains factual. But if turns to carping about unfairness, market worthiness, etc., then it will be closed in the blink of an eye.

AJ

• Like 3

After reading the latest list of 28 market roll-out it made me wonder what the criteria is that Sprint uses to update a market. A few of these markets are towns that I honestly have heard of. And many more that I have heard of I know are small towns.

It made me wonder what are the largest markets that currently have Sprint 3G service but no mention of 4G? (Not that they haven't started or finished yet but no mention of the market at all).

My market is Des Moines, IA - a market of about 500,000 people. To my knowledge, Des Moines, or any town in Iowa for that matter, has not even been mentioned by Sprint as of yet. Unusually, or are there many, many examples of this?

Samsung has already started work in all three Iowa markets. Sprint announcements are more about crystal ball guesses of where they think stars will align for launches. It has nothing to do with where work is occurring.

There is already one site accepted as complete in Iowa. In a town called Anamosa. There are dozens of sites in the state being worked on. Des Moines will likely have a site live and complete before some of these cities listed even get their first site working. I wouldn't put too much weight in those lists. They are not exhaustive by any means.

Lots of cities had their first sites complete before being announced on those lists. And there are some cities on those lists who don't have their first site complete even 5 months later. The best way to track Network Vision/LTE deployment is on S4GRU Sponsor maps.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I live in New York City and we don't seem to be getting LTE anytime soon. I would tend to think that we are pretty big market. Not to mention that are all around data speeds on Sprint are just crap here.

I know that sprint wants to try and make money but my feeling is if you don't have the data service available you shouldn't sell phones that are capable of 4G LTE until you have the service available. And you certainly should be charging us for something we don't have. I'm paying an extra 10 dollars a month for service that isn't even available.

I've had my galaxy s3 for over 6 months and the service is just been terrible. And this is in New York City. Sprint needs to get the led out. When I purchase the phone the salesperson told me that we were supposed to be getting 4g LTE by the end of October. Never happened.

I tell you something else that isn't going to happen. I will not be renewing my contract in June when it's up. I would rather pay the extra money to Verizon and enjoy decent connections than keep paying sprint for something that they might get.

Sent from the other side!

I live in New York City and we don't seem to be getting LTE anytime soon. I would tend to think that we are pretty big market. Not to mention that are all around data speeds on Sprint are just crap here.

I know that sprint wants to try and make money but my feeling is if you don't have the data service available you shouldn't sell phones that are capable of 4G LTE until you have the service available. And you certainly should be charging us for something we don't have. I'm paying an extra 10 dollars a month for service that isn't even available.

I've had my galaxy s3 for over 6 months and the service is just been terrible. And this is in New York City. Sprint needs to get the led out. When I purchase the phone the salesperson told me that we were supposed to be getting 4g LTE by the end of October. Never happened.

I tell you something else that isn't going to happen. I will not be renewing my contract in June when it's up. I would rather pay the extra money to Verizon and enjoy decent connections than keep paying sprint for something that they might get.

You poor thing!

• Like 6

Nyc does have lte in certain areas already. Check out senorly. Nyc is going to take some time before there is "100%" coverage. Like robert said work is happening even in markets that have not been announced. I wouldnt be surprised it this thread get locked for not following the rules.

Well, this did not take long...

Nice job, Yanker. Either you could not be bothered to read the whopping three posts ahead of you in this thread, or you chose not to follow the posted admonition that this thread would not be allowed to turn into a market complaint thread. Regardless, you made a big Bronx cheer and stunk up the place.

Furthermore, your facts are wrong. You are paying the $10 premium data fee for unlimited smartphone data, not 4G. And the Bronx actually has quite a bit of LTE deployment already. That you personally do not have LTE is nothing more than circumstance. But you play the victim of circumstance very well.

AJ

• Like 3

I probably shouldn't even respond to this, but this is just too much...

I see your location is the Bronx, here is a screenshot from Sensorly (which is the first thing I see every time I open Sensorly maps on my phone)

I don't think anything good will come of this thread. I suggest just going ahead and closing it now.

post-6294-0-09624800-1358527443_thumb.png

• Like 2