HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

What is with the trend of removing buttons? I want my search button back! I wonder how they plan on doing a menu and multitask button.

IIRC Google has been pushing the manufacturers to get rid of all hardware buttons.

What is with the trend of removing buttons? I want my search button back! I wonder how they plan on doing a menu and multitask button.

Check out the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4 with all onscreen buttons. Google has been recommending devs remove the dedicated menu and search buttons, and add in App Switch. Part of the reason is, hidden menus are bad for intuitive user interfaces. Phones without them show an "action overflow" button on (almost) all apps.

IIRC Google has been pushing the manufacturers to get rid of all hardware buttons.

unification would be great software wise and it is a better way to differentiate from the iPhone. I'm personally Android and I hate to admit but Samsung did copy a lot of software stuff and the home button.

• Like 1

unification would be great software wise and it is a better way to differentiate from the iPhone. I'm personally Android and I hate to admit but Samsung did copy a lot of software stuff and the home button.

From what I saw the stuff that Apples accused samsung of copying was very generic or things that they should not have a right to. Like the symbol for a telephone. The thing is universal. If anybody has a claim to that it should be a baby bell in my opinion.

From what I saw the stuff that Apples accused samsung of copying was very generic or things that they should not have a right to. Like the symbol for a telephone. The thing is universal. If anybody has a claim to that it should be a baby bell in my opinion.

true true. But what do you think about the dots to show what home screen your on as to apple's dots for app page? And Samsung going to a physical home button after they have established soft keys with the US S2. side note , I personally dislike apple a lot and am pro android all the way.

I thought the dots were more a part of android than any specific manufactures design language. I only say that because i have them on all three generations of evos that we have had. A physical home key may be a better case but samsung and apple are far from the only ones to have used physical home keys.

This render has been leaked for a while now and I really hope it doesn't look like this when its released. I don't know about anyone else but I am not really feeling this phone at all. I wonder how they will improve on the camera though, that will be my biggest factor between this and the gs4 when it comes out. Also, if this doesn't have an sd card slot then I think it will be an automatic no purchase for sure.

Yeah not feeling this either. It goes against what has been the traditional HTC "feel" that people buy this brand for.

Sprint is going with the same design as the GSM models this time? My theory is that if Sprint had just gone with the One X design and called it the EVO, that they'd have better performance on it. They could have sold the AT&T version with CDMA enabled and had a better phone.

but with the exception of the evo3d the term evo includes having an SD slot and a kickstand. the evo3d's main point was having 3d, which we all know failed horribly(I had the phone and minus the 3d it was a great phone.).
  • Like 1

I wish I could find some decent rumored specs about the GS4. I just got my daughter the GS3 and I gotta admit it is pretty sweet, so much so that I almost upgraded myself to one...but I'm holding off to see if this M7 might be the "ONE" to move to since I fear the GS4 will be another behemoth (hearing the Note3 is going to be a 6.3" screen...wtf?).

I have the nexus family. 4,7,10 nexii.

Based on that sequence, will your next be Nexus 13 or Nexus 1?

AJ

• Like 1

I wish I could find some decent rumored specs about the GS4. I just got my daughter the GS3 and I gotta admit it is pretty sweet, so much so that I almost upgraded myself to one...but I'm holding off to see if this M7 might be the "ONE" to move to since I fear the GS4 will be another behemoth (hearing the Note3 is going to be a 6.3" screen...wtf?).

I hope not. In my experience, the 4.5/4.7" screen is the max, unless it is edge on edge with little bezel space.

I hope not. In my experience, the 4.5/4.7" screen is the max, unless it is edge on edge with little bezel space.

Worry not. The next step in handset evolution is to have no bezel at all...

14cxk5i.jpg

AJ

People cnt seem to tell if there is a Snapdragon 600 or an S4 Pro in the phone.

Official specs:

http://www.androidce...l-htc-one-specs

• Android 4.1.2 with HTC Sense 5
  • Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz
  • Total storage: 32GB/64GBi, available capacity varies
  • RAM: 2GB DDR2
  • Battery: 2300 mAh embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery

Not in the specs but noted during presentation:

4.7 inch LCD 3 display.

If it comes with LTE 800/2600 support, considering it is a world phone thatis supposed to be one over 100 carriers in 80 countriesi, I will be selling my current EVO for that phone. The camera takes excellent low light photos without flash. Yet people are still hugging out about no removable battery and no SD card slot.

• Like 1

I currently have a S2, and holding off on my yearly upgrade (losing 60 bucks through BB buyback by waiting until summer) - the S3 just didnt feel right to me when I held it and not sure if I want to step all the way up to the Note... I know if I do there is no going back to a smaller phone again! I liked the OG Evo I had, so we'll see. The specs look solid, I dont mind the SD card absence and the camera tech is intriguing.

Awaiting info on the S4 to compare!

HTC Sense TVTM HTC Sense TV transforms the new HTC One into an interactive program guide and remote control for most TVs, set-top boxes and receivers. Tapping the power of the cloud, Sense TV makes it simple and intuitive to see what’s on and find that favourite show.

PhoneScoop appears to have the first hands on with the upcoming HTC One:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=11942&p=all#page5545

AJ