Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2509-network-visionlte-tucsonyuma-market/?p=268743

I got this just this afternoon. Should we be excited? Maybe it's a good sign somthing is in the works in the next month or two for sure. Tho most of us know that a lot of sites have everything ready to go. Anyone else get this?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LOL I hope that's Toledo and not the tower closest to you!

I think I signed up for email notifications when they were supposed to get LTE or start in Toledo. I agree I hope it's for all of our market as well. Could be wrong, but lets hope for the best

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Been lurking here for a year or 2. just wanted anyone in the lima are to know i picked up 1x800 on 2 towers between lima ohio and spencerville ohio. i got screen shots off my phone but i cant pick up 1x800 anymore it seems to have disappeared.

EDIT: When i link the images they are to big. how would i resize them so they arnt super huge?

Edited by BeefyFlip

Been lurking here for a year or 2. just wanted anyone in the lima are to know i picked up 1x800 on 2 towers between lima ohio and spencerville ohio. i got screen shots off my phone but i cant pick up 1x800 anymore it seems to have disappeared.

EDIT: When i link the images they are to big. how would i resize them so they arnt super huge?

They maybe testing it for the reason you may not be getting it anymore, but thanks for that information. For the resoultion of the pics I'm not sure how to reduce it down, there's probably diffrent apps that could help ya or could always use dropbox or somthing similar as well. If anyone else has any ideas or you have any other questions feel free to ask people here are very knowledgeable.

Also welcome to S4GRU :welc:

And also I would recommend becoming a sponsor if you can has a lot of good info on our .market as well as nationwide. Here is info on sponsorships http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

here we goo. i found some crappy website on google that resized images but it doesent do it very well LOL

THIS%20FOOL%202.png?_subject_uid=1008162

THIS%20FOOL.png?_subject_uid=10081623&w=

I don't think you used your public folder.

If you are trying to resize while mobile, there is a free app called Photo Editor (real imaginative) that works well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iudesk.android.photo.editor

I don't think you used your public folder.

If you are trying to resize while mobile, there is a free app called Photo Editor (real imaginative) that works well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iudesk.android.photo.editor

Thanks. i have downloaded it and will use it in the future.

i am pretty excited because 1x800 means that the equipment and base stations are upgraded on the tower and are ready to go for whenever they decide to launch them.

Unfortunately the tower i am connected to most doesn't seem like it has been touched yet. i drive past it every once and a while and as far as i can tell it hasnt been touched yet.

I just wish i had CDMA field test open instead of Signal check.

Why?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CDMA Field test lets me map to the tower i am connected to for free, other than that I like Signal Check alot because of its incredibly simple interface so i keep it open the most.

CDMA Field test lets me map to the tower i am connected to for free, other than that I like Signal Check alot because of its incredibly simple interface so i keep it open the most.

Signal Check Pro only costs a couple bucks, and is written by one of our members. A good investment. The Pro version also offers several more options that help with 800 and LTE hunting. Anyway.

Signal Check Pro only costs a couple bucks, and is written by one of our members. A good investment. The Pro version also offers several more options that help with 800 and LTE hunting. Anyway.

I do know this and i saw his thread. i have some money google play but because i have been using CDMA Field test for a lot longer than Signal check i still like using it.

Also UPDATE: i did a PRL update and while this did not actually update my PRL i read (on here) that it forces a re scan of the available frequencies the phone can connect to and it again re connected to 1x800 and despite getting a better RSSI at 94dBm it still switched back to my non upgraded tower that gives me a worse signal of 98dBm. i think i am going to look for a PRL that prioritizes 1x800. 

Edited by BeefyFlip

I do know this and i saw his thread. i have some money google play but because i have been using CDMA Field test for a lot longer than Signal check i still like using it.

Also UPDATE: i did a PRL update and while this did not actually update my PRL i read (on here) that it forces a re scan of the available frequencies the phone can connect to and it again re connected to 1x800 and despite getting a better RSSI at 94dBm it still switched back to my non upgraded tower that gives me a worse signal of 98dBm. i think i am going to look for a PRL that prioritizes 1x800. 

I was trying to edit my post again because it was the last post here in the thread but i guess that you cannot edit posts either more than once or after a certain time.

Anyways after getting back on 1x800 again i switched to CDMA Field test and got the location of the base stations. the location is in St marys ohio and that is like more than 10 miles south west of my location. There is no way i am picking up a signal 10 miles away and holding on to it when there is a tower 3 miles from me and i barley get a signal from it! i am completely baffled by this

EDIT: Well i made a test call on it to a friends house and during the call i switched between Signal Check and CDMA Field test and it seemed to hold onto the tower. 

I am really confused right now. is this even possible? 

i cant recall if anyone else had reported this sort of range on 1x800 or not. i mean i remember people saying they got better reception but not 10 miles + out from the tower.

Edited by BeefyFlip

I was trying to edit my post again because it was the last post here in the thread but i guess that you cannot edit posts either more than once or after a certain time.

Anyways after getting back on 1x800 again i switched to CDMA Field test and got the location of the base stations. the location is in St marys ohio and that is like more than 10 miles south west of my location. There is no way i am picking up a signal 10 miles away and holding on to it when there is a tower 3 miles from me and i barley get a signal from it! i am completely baffled by this

EDIT: Well i made a test call on it to a friends house and during the call i switched between Signal Check and CDMA Field test and it seemed to hold onto the tower. 

Is it possible to connect to a 1x800 tower 10 miles away? Certainly! 20, 30, even 40 mile connections are common on CDMA1x 800.

I'm still up so I'll answer this for yea, yes it's possible I was connecting to tower 7-8 miles away when I have 3 towers within 5 miles of me when they were testing or whatever they were doing. Idk why it would do this besides maybe having a stronger signal because of 800 having a further signal strength than 1900, it could be Cus our towers were not working properly as well for a few months, but I and one other member have experienced this. We both live in the Sylvania area.

I think they may have been testing it, ryran went by and didnt get it. Good sign tho

It was very hit and miss, I figured it was a test also because It would go away then come back when I haven't moved...but yes just the sight of seeing it is enough for me to be super excited haha I had a massive nerd moment at that time!

• Like 1