Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

is it bad that i have used 6GB of data on my phone in less than a week? I don't tether this is all phone usage. at this rate im looking at 10-15GB monthly usage on 4G compared to about 2GB max on 3G.

I dont think its bad 4G LTE is addictive and it should be freely used with no limits if they are gonna build a faster network we should be able to use it how we wish.

is it bad that i have used 6GB of data on my phone in less than a week? I don't tether this is all phone usage. at this rate im looking at 10-15GB monthly usage on 4G compared to about 2GB max on 3G.

I dont think its bad 4G LTE is addictive and it should be freely used with no limits if they are gonna build a faster network we should be able to use it how we wish.

I agree with both, I used 20gb with my data resetting in a few days. Yet it is becoming an average thing were I am over 10 plus gigs a month now. I am with sprint for this reason. So be able to use 20gb and more without having to worry about if I need more data or whatever. LTE is addictive, the new 8t8r sites. So hard to not enjoy the speeds and capacity that they are kicking out :lol:

• Like 1

As long as you are not illegally tethering and using your unlimited data on your smartphone, then you can freely use your data with a clear conscious. As long as you aren't streaming for no reason, like some have done in order to try to burden the Sprint network intentionally.

But remember, if you are on a plan other than Everything Data, you will be a subject to throttling if you are connected to a site that crosses the overburdened threshold and you are a Top 5% data user. So it's still wise to offload onto WiFi whenever possible. Because if you are using LTE when you could be doing WiFi, like at home, you could be unnecessarily getting your account marked for future throttling.

As long as you are not illegally tethering and using your unlimited data on your smartphone, then you can freely use your data with a clear conscious. As long as you aren't streaming for no reason, like some have done in order to try to burden the Sprint network intentionally.

But remember, if you are on a plan other than Everything Data, you will be a subject to throttling if you are connected to a site that crosses the overburdened threshold and you are a Top 5% data user. So it's still wise to offload onto WiFi whenever possible. Because if you are using LTE when you could be doing WiFi, like at home, you could be unnecessarily getting your account marked for future throttling.

nah its all phone i dont tether at all and i dont torrent either.  its all web browsing and youtube and well speed tests take up a alot of data to.

as for the towers being burdoned thats never going to happen. at least not for a LOOONG time. sprint in lima is the 3rd carrier. every time i ask somone what carrier they are on its allways ATT or verizon other than people on like trac phone i dont think i have ever met anyone who was on sprint besides me.

nah its all phone i dont tether at all and i dont torrent either. its all web browsing and youtube and well speed tests take up a alot of data to.

as for the towers being burdoned thats never going to happen. at least not for a LOOONG time. sprint in lima is the 3rd carrier. every time i ask somone what carrier they are on its allways ATT or verizon other than people on like trac phone i dont think i have ever met anyone who was on sprint besides me.

It may or may not happen in Lima. But if you become a Top 5% usage customer, even if all that usage happens in Lima, then you're marked. And if you travel anywhere else on the Sprint network and run into a site that is in throttle mode because of high usage, you will be throttled. Toledo, Wapakoneta, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, New York, Miami, Hawaii, Key West...wherever.

I'm just giving you the info. You can do with it whatever you like.

It may or may not happen in Lima. But if you become a Top 5% usage customer, even if all that usage happens in Lima, then you're marked. And if you travel anywhere else on the Sprint network and run into a site that is in throttle mode because of high usage, you will be throttled. Toledo, Wapakoneta, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, New York, Miami, Hawaii, Key West...wherever.

I'm just giving you the info. You can do with it whatever you like.

Is the Top 5% a per market metric or a corp metric?

Does Sprint throttle you only for the month after some point of usage?

Isn't att or someone getting sued currently over doing this even when the tower is not under heavy load?

Is the Top 5% a per market metric or a corp metric?

Does Sprint throttle you only for the month after some point of usage?

Isn't att or someone getting sued currently over doing this even when the tower is not under heavy load?

Sprint only does it when overburdened.  But you can over use on a site that never is over burdened and never experience it.  But then travel and come across a site that is overburdened and you may even be using it lightly and you will be throttled.

The last I read, Sprint resets it every month until you cross the threshold again.  But once you cross the threshold, you are marked the rest of the billing period, on any over burdened site.  Regardless how little you have used that particularly site.

• Like 1

Sprint only does it when overburdened.  But you can over use on a site that never is over burdened and never experience it.  But then travel and come across a site that is overburdened and you may even be using it lightly and you will be throttled.

The last I read, Sprint resets it every month until you cross the threshold again.  But once you cross the threshold, you are marked the rest of the billing period, on any over burdened site.  Regardless how little you have used that particularly site.

doesnt matter to me. even throttled it would still be faster than 3G and you can stream music and video just fine on at least 1Mbps and in most cases 3G is faster than that.

• Like 1

I noticed my Lte performance has slowed. I used to easily get 20mb out in rossford area now im getting around 4-5mb with the occasional 26mb, noticing streaming has started to buffer again like it did on 3g. Not sure whats going on thought most sites were being coverted to high capacity sites?

I noticed my Lte performance has slowed. I used to easily get 20mb out in rossford area now im getting around 4-5mb with the occasional 26mb, noticing streaming has started to buffer again like it did on 3g. Not sure whats going on thought most sites were being coverted to high capacity sites?

Even sites that are high capacity are starting to slow way down too. Probably more boost and Sprint customers now or people are now noticing that we have LTE. Band 41 aka 2500 as started in Toledo with many sites with equitment up amd a few already broadcasting. That will help with the issues. Even more with 800 once it starts deploying as well.

LG G2

Even sites that are high capacity are starting to slow way down too. Probably more boost and Sprint customers now or people are now noticing that we have LTE. Band 41 aka 2500 as started in Toledo with many sites with equitment up amd a few already broadcasting. That will help with the issues. Even more with 800 once it starts deploying as well.

LG G2

I decided just run my s5 on cdma only this triband radio struggles for signal, the phones are more advanced than the network itself so hopefully spark goes live because the lte current band range is proving to be a big problem right now but loving my 2 mb 3g speeds haha

I decided just run my s5 on cdma only this triband radio struggles for signal, the phones are more advanced than the network itself so hopefully spark goes live because the lte current band range is proving to be a big problem right now but loving my 2 mb 3g speeds haha

From your description either the network there is screwed up bad or they are still doing stuff on the back end. Having spent time in other markets I would say they are still working on the market.

Hrm after living with the LTE Deployment for a while now....how should i say this..... "its not great?"

there are alot of people who say that 1900MHz LTE will not propagate as well as 3G. well i can say for sure that is a fact. other lima guys have probably experienced this as well.

For instance, in a parking lot of our local walmart i can easily get a -80 dBm signal and get 20Mbps down. step inside and it goes "nope" instant -120 dBm and your getting about 4Mbps down. this is within a mile of a tower.

Warning for people who do NOT live in lima.

This is for the LIMA AREA! do not confuse this with your area if you are getting crappy signal and don't live in the lima area!

We definitely do not have enough towers to service our area for 1900MHz Lte a few more in key spots (like 2 or 3 more) would fix everything perfectly. That or Lte on 800MHz whenever canada decides we can actually have it as with the current cell spacing LTE on 800MHz would spread the love to all black holes around lima.

Hrm after living with the LTE Deployment for a while now....how should i say this..... "its not great?"

there are alot of people who say that 1900MHz LTE will not propagate as well as 3G. well i can say for sure that is a fact. other lima guys have probably experienced this as well.

For instance, in a parking lot of our local walmart i can easily get a -80 dBm signal and get 20Mbps down. step inside and it goes "nope" instant -120 dBm and your getting about 4Mbps down. this is within a mile of a tower.

Warning for people who do NOT live in lima.

This is for the LIMA AREA! do not confuse this with your area if you are getting crappy signal and don't live in the lima area!

We definitely do not have enough towers to service our area for 1900MHz Lte a few more in key spots (like 2 or 3 more) would fix everything perfectly. That or Lte on 800MHz whenever canada decides we can actually have it as with the current cell spacing LTE on 800MHz would spread the love to all black holes around lima.

This is true the 1900 does not penetrate buildings very well or at all. But man can it fly out in the BFE. With the current cell spacing 800 would cover Lima with prob 3 towers if spaced right and such. But you guys have more. Capable of traveling 20+ miles. We are still a market in progress and will be prob till the end off 2015. Go to other markets and you will see the difference. And ill say this....if your not happy with Sprint than leave. This just a warning of sorts. And a friendly that the mods and Rob will not put up with ranting.

LG G2

This is true the 1900 does not penetrate buildings very well or at all. But man can it fly out in the BFE. With the current cell spacing 800 would cover Lima with prob 3 towers if spaced right and such. But you guys have more. Capable of traveling 20+ miles. We are still a market in progress and will be prob till the end off 2015. Go to other markets and you will see the difference. And ill say this....if your not happy with Sprint than leave. This just a warning of sorts. And a friendly that the mods and Rob will not put up with ranting.

LG G2

I don't view this as a "Rant"  He shared some real world observations that others can use to make an informed decision.  I for one found this valuable information.

• Like 1

I don't view this as a "Rant" He shared some real world observations that others can use to make an informed decision. I for one found this valuable information.

No not all it but this sucks?? Yeah it does suck when i know exactly what he means i have a walmart 1 mile from the tower and the same thing i roam on veriOn. I wasnt really being an arse, but im just throwing it out if anyone starts saying Sprint sucks sprint this than its going to be delt with. S4GRU is a postive place thats all im saying as well. And this info is all on the fourms if you take the time to read it. 800 is the only thing thats going to help with in building coverage. And my leaving statement was saying if Sprint dont work for ya than go to another i had to go to tmo to get by till drop call heaven stopped. Anyway now i sound like a broken record so carry on folks.

LG G2

• Like 2

Lte 800 will come end of next year and early 2016 for Canada ibez. 1x800 will come way sooner as the canucks accelerate their rebanding efforts. You'll have 5x5 for lte 800 at the end of this plus the 1x800 carrier.

Sprint has already begun modifying sites to be capable of supporting 800 services by installing the typical 800+1900 antennas that replaces the pcs 1900 only ones. New deployments already have everything ready except the 800 equipment.

• Like 1

Lte 800 will come end of next year and early 2016 for Canada ibez. 1x800 will come way sooner as the canucks accelerate their rebanding efforts. You'll have 5x5 for lte 800 at the end of this plus the 1x800 carrier.

Sprint has already begun modifying sites to be capable of supporting 800 services by installing the typical 800+1900 antennas that replaces the pcs 1900 only ones. New deployments already have everything ready except the 800 equipment.

Okay now that this was said..we have two rrus already up have been since day one, do they still need to replace the antennas or should they already be up and ready to go??

They've done 800 voice testing more than a year and a half ago then they stopped for Toledo area

LG G2

Okay now that this was said..we have two rrus already up have been since day one, do they still need to replace the antennas or should they already be up and ready to go??

LG G2

If they're up already then they're ready to go. Ohio had a special agreement in place for 1x800 due to the Motorola issues but i believe no one has seen that signal live in many months.

The canucks should be able to finish rebanding enough spectrum for sprint to safely deploy 1x800 without concern in the 1h of 2015. The Canadian carriers want that spectrum for for wide band usage just as much as sprint so it shouldn't be too long.

• Like 2

1x800 was working for miles that was nice.

B26 even at -110dB can still beat the best of 3g.

B26: I still see dead zones between some towers but that could just be because how far the towers are or the antenna on my phone (mediocre on B26 iirc)

1x800 was working for miles that was nice.

B26 even at -110dB can still beat the best of 3g.

B26: I still see dead zones between some towers but that could just be because how far the towers are or the antenna on my phone (mediocre on B26 iirc)

Im thinking the dead zones may be area towers that haven't been optimized yet, but glad to hear your able to inform us of other markets that are more matured as far as 800 goes. Good times are comin, just have to be patient and hopeful its sooner than later.

LG G2

LG G2

hookay? this was not really the reaction i was looking for nor was what i posted a rant.

it was sort of a quick and dirty review of sprint LTE in the lima area thats why i had the disclaimer to not compare my results with other cities and towns.

when i was in cleveland last year i picked up 4G all over and it was sweet but thats because they have like 3x the tower density in large cities like that.

The fact that sprint does not have enough towers to effectively cover the lima area with 1900MHz LTE was all i was trying to get at. i did mention that when you are outside and are getting a great signal the 4G is blazing fast at least 2x faster than verizon or AT&T.

it just that the one place alot of people shop here in lima is walmart so thats where i tested. The signal is not horrible my note 3 was able to hold onto a signal inside the building and the 4G was still fast enough to look things up but due to lower tower density holding onto a signal inside of certain buildings is a pain. mostly buildings with metal roofs.

i have had sprint since 2010 and have been waiting on 4G since 2012. its "fast enough" even with a weak signal that i am completely satisfied.

Again this is just for the city of lima, your results may vary.

Next year (hopefully) when 1x800 and LTE on 800 gets turned on the coverage change will be dramatic and if they can properly load balance and keep people on 1900MHz LTE when those people have a good enough signal then anyone on 800MHz LTE should have great Quality of service in the previous dead zones.