3g performance in yuma

Ryan

I don't think Sprint is adding any more towers to our area, but Robert might have more info on that.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Is Network Vision just an overhaul of what is currently in place.

I get the sense that Sprint is doing work on the network out here. I know the snowbirds have started rolling out here, but I don't remember the network being this bad this time last year.

Is Network Vision just an overhaul of what is currently in place.

I get the sense that Sprint is doing work on the network out here. I know the snowbirds have started rolling out here, but I don't remember the network being this bad this time last year.

Work is definitively being done, hence the EHrpd change on network. From what I have learned here its only a software patch. That could be why we are getting such slow speeds everywhere in Yuma. I know today we were getting dropped calls constantly, then Ehrpd showed up on my speed test.

I'm sure Robert might chime in here and give a little more info on what's going on if he has any updates.

Here's a pic. Looks like its a small outbuilding next to it. The structure looks like its been there for awhile, I've just never noticed it. The tower is new, however, it does not have any panels on it yet.

IMAG0818-1.jpg

It would make sense for Sprint to add another tower between the 8E tower and the Foothills boulevard one. Yuma East has exploded in population and I think those towers are always running maxed out. It will only get worst this winter. adding a tower there would be optimal. I know here in town the distance between each tower is about 1.5 to 2 miles in a strait light. The distance between the 8E tower out there and the Foothills Blvd is 5 miles on a straight line.

fingers crossed that Sprint is adding more towers.

I'm just seeing a few new towers going up in town with new panels too on some old towers. I don't know who is working on them and don't know what carrier, I haven't taken the time to find out too. I guess we will wait and find out.. :fingers:

Edited by Hypeo

Well I took the painful task of calling Tech Support. There is definitively something going on here in Yuma. The tech said that a few of the towers were under performing and she could not explain why. This was this morning while the load is off from the towers; i'm guessing one of two things, either fiber optic lines were messed up by some carriers, (which I would have heard from) or there are network upgrades happening. My guess will be on the second one.

Edited by Hypeo

Here's a pic. Looks like its a small outbuilding next to it. The structure looks like its been there for awhile, I've just never noticed it. The tower is new, however, it does not have any panels on it yet.

IMAG0818-1.jpg

I dont think that tower is new. its been their for a while now. There was a new tower put in on north frontage between the seasons and foothills bvld

I dont think that tower is new. its been their for a while now. There was a new tower put in on north frontage between the seasons and foothills bvld

Really, I know I'm starting to get old, but can't believe I been driving by there almost everyday now for over a year and never noticed it. Shows you how observant I am (or not) :o)

Really, I know I'm starting to get old, but can't believe I been driving by there almost everyday now for over a year and never noticed it. Shows you how observant I am (or not) :o)

Have you seen the new towers that are going up around town? I don't know if it was an anomaly but I was playing with CDMA field test and I was connecting to 1 of the brand new towers down by 22nd and Avenue C. The panels on that new tower look nothing like to sprint panels they use, so I'm thinking it was only a fluke; but I tried it many times and many times CDMA field test pinpoint it that same tower

The tower being put in on north frontage is a Verizon tower. I apologize I forgot to mention that. Here in well ton my speed tests are still saying evdo a.

Have you seen the new towers that are going up around town? I don't know if it was an anomaly but I was playing with CDMA field test and I was connecting to 1 of the brand new towers down by 22nd and Avenue C. The panels on that new tower look nothing like to sprint panels they use, so I'm thinking it was only a fluke; but I tried it many times and many times CDMA field test pinpoint it that same tower

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I don't get intoYuma "proper" all that much. I saw a brand new tower go up (no idea which carrier) by about mile 11 marker off I-8. It's just north of the interstate, in (or just off) a storage facility (i think) near there.

I don't get intoYuma "proper" all that much. I saw a brand new tower go up (no idea which carrier) by about mile 11 marker off I-8. It's just north of the interstate, in (or just off) a storage facility (i think) near there.

I think that's the 1 Ryan is talking about

Just wondering if there has been any good news for Yuma? Seems like its getting slower all over town.

Jenks, I answered your PM question on Sprint users.. Sorry for the delay.. Hope all is well.

and Yes, Service has taken a toll; from voice, text and data.. its been over 2 weeks that I've been experiencing dropped calls, failed text and substandard data. lately even my 3G icon on my phone disappears from the top and my phone stays on 1x..

Sad to say but the influx of Snow birds and the seasonal workers are maxing out the towers.

No worries. Thanks for the response. I assumed that was part of the issue, after midnight speeds are great. My contract s up in 2 weeks, don't want to go to Verizon, but Sprints speeds are embarrassing.

Have you guys seen the updates on Network.sprint.com? It shows that a new tower was built but I it does not show where it was placed. I did notice a slight improvement on speeds lately but not much to brag about. Have you guys seen any difference down the East side??

• Like 1

Yeah i noticed that as well. Maybe the telegraph pass tower is new tower and that might explain the off and on of the tower all the time. But then again, it seems like its been happening for well over a year now so that might not explain it. Hopefully the tower was placed north along 95 somewhere...i sure could use some coverage out here at YPG

Yeah i noticed that as well. Maybe the telegraph pass tower is new tower and that might explain the off and on of the tower all the time. But then again, it seems like its been happening for well over a year now so that might not explain it. Hopefully the tower was placed north along 95 somewhere...i sure could use some coverage out here at YPG

Well, navigating through the map from Network.sprint.com, my guess is that the new tower is placed somewhere along Somerton Ave and County 11 1/2 street. If you navigate the map of when it appears; its on the west side of Yuma county, It does not show in the map, but I know there are new tower structures in that area. I'll just have to go check them out today when I go out to Somerton.

I'm putting money on that as well. I discovered the samething when navigating the map. Their are two new towers in the foothills. One on north frontage between fortuna and 8 1/2e which Ido believe is a verizon tower. The other tower I haven't located but I do believe its an att tower. Att has been doing quite of bit of expansion here lately along with verizon.

I'm putting money on that as well. I discovered the samething when navigating the map. Their are two new towers in the foothills. One on north frontage between fortuna and 8 1/2e which Ido believe is a verizon tower. The other tower I haven't located but I do believe its an att tower. Att has been doing quite of bit of expansion here lately along with verizon.

When I go down to Somerton I'll take some pics to see if we can Identify the panels.

• Like 1

When I go down to Somerton I'll take some pics to see if we can Identify the panels.

Cool beans. Would really appreciate it. Its good to hear sprint is investimg in the community.

Cool beans. Would really appreciate it. Its good to hear sprint is investimg in the community.

Here are the new tower structures down by Somerton Avenue in County 11 and a half

tasezanu.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1353510474501.jpg

Edited by Hypeo
  • Like 1