Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

4G was blinking In and out today in Dover by the mall I'm guessing maybe they were working on the tower by there seems like they're getting close not quite ready for prime time but it shouldn't be long now good to see! good to see!

That is indeed a welcoming sign!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Given the conversations I've had with Sprint the last five days, Wilmington should have 4G LTE by Tuesday evening.  I have been on roaming since Wednesday 5/15 and it is because the tower has been down due to upgrades.  We'll see if they meet this...fingers crossed.

Unless you are talking to a top level employee, never believe these things. Most Sprint service representatives have no access to the NV schedule, and mistake fixes or legacy updates for LTE upgrades. 

However, it does appear that the first LTE site has gone live near Dover. 

Unless you are talking to a top level employee, never believe these things. Most Sprint service representatives have no access to the NV schedule, and mistake fixes or legacy updates for LTE upgrades.

However, it does appear that the first LTE site has gone live near Dover.

I checked acceptance reports from yesterday, and the Dover site has still not been accepted yet. Must be testing. But could be accepted very soon.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Looks like either that Dover site has been accepted or someone mapped this location during field testing, but either way this is the first official sighting of LTE here in The First State ????????????

Posted Image

• Like 1

Looks like either that Dover site has been accepted or someone mapped this location during field testing, but either way this is the first official sighting of LTE here in The First State ????????????

Still not accepted as of Tuesday. It may have been accepted today. Should know in the morning.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

any idea when northern DE Newark area will be getting 4G? seems like this rollout is taking a very long time

GMO (Ground Mount Option) builds has just wrapped up here & AlcaLu has already started with the rollout of full builds here so we should start seeing LTE light up in areas all over the state as the summer progresses. I live in Newark also & 3G is unbearable whenever I'm out & about.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• 2 weeks later...

So quiet around here you could hear a "pin drop" (see what I did there lol But I was thinking do you think any chance the lte in dover which myself and several other people noticed about week or so give or take from the race was in fact a nascow? Which would explain why the 4g hasn't been seen ( at least by me) since? Can't wait for lte to light up! And last but not least I know 800 benefits aren't part of the plan with gmos but when do you think people will notice those benefits with the full builds? The signal propagation benefits of 800 would probably take me from next to no signal to probably close to full signal given the proximity of the towers near here thanks again have a good night/day everyone!

So quiet around here you could hear a "pin drop" (see what I did there lol But I was thinking do you think any chance the lte in dover which myself and several other people noticed about week or so give or take from the race was in fact a nascow? Which would explain why the 4g hasn't been seen ( at least by me) since? Can't wait for lte to light up! And last but not least I know 800 benefits aren't part of the plan with gmos but when do you think people will notice those benefits with the full builds? The signal propagation benefits of 800 would probably take me from next to no signal to probably close to full signal given the proximity of the towers near here thanks again have a good night/day everyone!

Pin drop. :lol:

I was wondering myself about that. Not sure when that blip showed up in Dover, but if it was during race week, it might have been a nascow.

I was wondering myself about that. Not sure when that blip showed up in Dover, but if it was during race week, it might have been a nascow.

We still have not seen one LTE site accepted in Delaware. I thought maybe the Sensorly blip was a testing site and we would see it show up on an acceptance report, but it never appeared. Is there a NASCAR event there? Your hypothesis sounds good to me.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We still have not seen one LTE site accepted in Delaware. I thought maybe the Sensorly blip was a testing site and we would see it show up on an acceptance report, but it never appeared. Is there a NASCAR event there? Your hypothesis sounds good to me.

Two a year. The first race was about a month ago (June 2nd), I am not sure when the blip appeared, but you can see the track is almost centered on the area it appeared.

Of course there are two towers (both I believe are showing 3G complete) within a mile. So I am not sure what really happend.

In fairness gr8mike01 presented the hypothesis, but at least I was having a similar thought...

Has anything shown up as accepted in Delaware this month? 

Of course if no 4G sites are accepted in the area before the next race, I might have to brave the traffic around the track and see if they bring another nascow in.

from what I saw there has been over a dozen accepted but all 3G throughout June.. not a single LTE? really sprint?

I suspect the back haul is the primary reason we haven't yet seen LTE here. For a third (or is it a fourth?) round market they seem to have completed a good percentage of the 3G work though.

So I look at sprint tower upgrades on sprints web site. It says 5 to 6 ( 2 data speeds ) up grades in delaware , what does that really mean. Is the backhaul done on thoeses sites and waiting for lte turn on. All lte say 2 data speed upgrades most markets on sprint web site ?

Yeah it was during the last race here, & I stopped by that area 2 weekends ago on my way down to Milford & no dice on getting a 4G connection.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So I look at sprint tower upgrades on sprints web site. It says 5 to 6 ( 2 data speeds ) up grades in delaware , what does that really mean. Is the backhaul done on thoeses sites and waiting for lte turn on. All lte say 2 data speed upgrades most markets on sprint web site ?

October 2013 is now the actual date for rollout. For South Jersey, Its June 2014. They are six months behind.

Delaware

NV Sites Accepted = 64%

LTE Sites Accepted = 0%

Anticipated LTE Launch = TBD

Original Scheduled Completion = Q4 2013

Current Production Rate Completion = October 2013

I'll give it two more months until the LTE testing a start rolling out here in upper Delaware. Early September or Late August. Maybe even sooner ! Patience guys. I'm one of the few people who still stuck by Sprint because I truly feel the underdog always comes on top and being that Delaware is pretty small, our speeds will exceed any carrier's LTE. If you guys have been reading, the SoftBank/Sprint buyout is very beneficial. More money is being poured in and Sprint will be the first carrier to have Tri-Band LTE service so with that being said, I'm patiently waiting because it will be worth the wait.

• Like 1

I believe (and it has been discussed somewhere in these forums) that the sprint website is showing upgrades to the legacy network.

I'll give it two more months until the LTE testing a start rolling out here in upper Delaware. Early September or Late August. Maybe even sooner ! Patience guys. I'm one of the few people who still stuck by Sprint because I truly feel the underdog always comes on top and being that Delaware is pretty small, our speeds will exceed any carrier's LTE. If you guys have been reading, the SoftBank/Sprint buyout is very beneficial. More money is being poured in and Sprint will be the first carrier to have Tri-Band LTE service so with that being said, I'm patiently waiting because it will be worth the wait.

I think two months might be a safe bet. Northern Delaware might be completed earlier, but I wouldn't be surprised if the first live LTE in the state is south of the canal though.

I am patiently waiting. I'll probably go bezerk mapping the first half dozen towers south of the canal on sensorly.  :lol: 

I live on md / del line my tower drop off sprint maps im on rt 279.

Sprint in Newark sucked for the longest. I'm about 5 miles from you near Brookside.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta