Sprint iPad Mini - Thoughts, App suggestions, etc.

Deval

So my birthday passed two weeks ago, and the girlfriend surprised me with a Sprint iPad mini. So far I'm loving it for Kindle reading, Netflix, etc. but I want to know what more I can do with it?

Any app suggestions? Anything cool it does?

• Like 3

I'm going to get one (WiFi). I'm in school so I'm using it for textbooks.<br /><br />Edit: there are some awesome board games in the app store like yahtzee and risk.<br /><br />Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Tapatalk is getting a 2 star rating now.<br /><br />I've had enough of this crap!<br /><br />Edit: if you can't tell, tapatalk is getting ridiculous here.<br /><br />Garble garble<br /><br /><br /> garble<br />

• Like 2

It turns out I couldn't find a single wifi iPad mini in my area (Apple Store, Target, Walmart, Best Buy or anywhere else) but found a good local deal on craigslist for the iPad 3 so I'm getting that instead.

Same apps though. ;)

I went kind of crazy with apps on my new iPad. It's not a mini but I am sure most should work fine on the mini.

• Paper by FiftyThree - Sketching/Drawing
  • Notability - Notetaking; Document Editing; will sync voice notes to text/handwritten notes
  • Penultimate - Notetaking, Writing
  • Dropbox
  • NFL Mobile
  • NBA Gametime
  • WatchESPN
  • Google Earth
  • Anthill - Strategy Game
  • Amazon Instant Video

That's just a portion of the apps I got. Some are free, some are paid. I didn't list all the games because that is really subject to your interests.

• 2 weeks later...

Goodreader for managing documents, reading files, opening ZIPs, etc

AirVideo for live streaming video from your PC.

Angry Birds Space & Star Wars, Where's my Water, Where's my Perry, ERA and JellyDefense if you like TD games. Bastion is a kickass action game, Drawn: the Painted Tower and its two sequels are Myst-like puzzle adventure games, well worth the price.

Intellicast for weather.

Downcasts beats the built-in podcast app by a mile.

Notability was already mentioned.

And of course my app, Storm Sim :)

Sweet, thanks guy!

So which "guy" are you thanking cuz there were a lot of "guys" who contributed to this thread? If you're gonna single out just one "guy" out of the many "guys" the least you could do is identify said "guy". B)

I had to cut this rant short because the forum will only allow 10 quotation marks per post.

• Like 1

Box is far superior to Dropbox, IMHO. Most apps will upload to both but Box gives all iOS devices free 10gb of space. Another app well worth the price is UPad. It allows you to type or write on PDF's as well as create blank pages to draw, etc...

Box for LG Android users gave me 50GB of free storage, and when Box was giving iDevice users 50GB, I signed up for that too, so I have 100GB of free online storage space just thru Box. :)

• Like 1

Box for LG Android users gave me 50GB of free storage, and when Box was giving iDevice users 50GB, I signed up for that too, so I have 100GB of free online storage space just thru Box. :)

You have a lot in your Box. Are you Pandora?

;)

AJ

Nope. Both accounts are empty. Haven't started storing stuff on them yet.

Oh, Josh, you rain on my clever parade...

AJ

So what is the use of having 100gb when you use zero?

Haven't had time to start storing stuff on them. Not sure what I want to put on there. When I'm at home in Pahrump I wouldn't have access to stuff stored on there.

Oh, Josh, you rain on my clever parade...

AJ

No, I need an extra 50GB to have Pandora's Box!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So, I hate to revive an old thread, but I just jumped on an iPad mini deal on Easy Pay, and now I need more app suggestions. And no, Office for iPad is out of the question because I'm not paying for Office 365. Microsoft sucks for that requirement.

So, I hate to revive an old thread, but I just jumped on an iPad mini deal on Easy Pay, and now I need more app suggestions. And no, Office for iPad is out of the question because I'm not paying for Office 365. Microsoft sucks for that requirement.

What type of apps are you looking for?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk