Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

JediFusion

So today in my area fishers landing Vancouver WA I got an early Christmas present they turned on lte and 1x 800. I have been on 1x 800 all day almost every where I have been today. Also I noticed the voice quality has improved tremendously on sprint to sprint. I wonder if it has anything to do with hd voice. Finally seeing some progress with network vision.

I also have the screenshots of all this as well. It wasn't just one area of Vancouver... It was there entire cluster it appeared.. I work out at 192nd AVE and all the way from east side of town to west side over in Hazel Dell were I lived they had 800mhz live. Then I woke up on Saturday and its all gone and back to 1900mhz ! DAFUCK So I'm assuming there in there early stages of testing and working on that, hopefully in next month or two we will see them flip it all on. 

Screenshot_2013-12-19-13-53-33.png
Screenshot_2013-12-18-13-06-39.png
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

No activity at all and I will not upgrade until there is some activity. We were the first market to get Clear years ago. There is plenty of 2.5ghz infrastructure here. Does anyone know when they are planning on starting spark in the Portland market?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! Just in time for my new Sprint exclusive gold LG G3. Any word on how long the install will take or what sites are getting lit up first?

Here are two of many permit applications that Sprint has applied for in the Portland area over the last few months. They all say the same thing, adding one antenna and one RRU to each of three sectors. All the sites they are adding to already show as being 3g/800/4g completed in the NV completion map. I am guessing this is the 2.5ghz spark gear.

3asynedy.jpg

• Like 3

Here are two of many permit applications that Sprint has applied for in the Portland area over the last few months. They all say the same thing, adding one antenna and one RRU to each of three sectors. All the sites they are adding to already show as being 3g/800/4g completed in the NV completion map. I am guessing this is the 2.5ghz spark gear.

Yep. 

Nice find! I searched for Sprint permit applications in Beaverton a few days ago, but was unsuccessful. As lilotimz confirmed above, these would be for the Band 41 gear since the existing NV 1.0 equipment already supports Band 26.

Thanks for posting! :tu:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just drove by the Sprint tower near Brookwood and Cornell in Hillsboro and spotted crews up on the tower. I stopped to ask questions. The Foreman let me take some photos of the 2.5ghz equipment. We can all get excited now, it's finally happening. Funny thing about it is I was driving to the AT&T store to check out my options when I spotted them on the tower. post-5947-140632092547_thumb.jpgpost-5947-14063209374_thumb.jpgpost-5947-140632095267_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

I just drove by the Sprint tower near Brookwood and Cornell in Hillsboro and spotted crews up on the tower. I stopped to ask questions. The Foreman let me take some photos of the 2.5ghz equipment. We can all get excited now, it's finally happening. Funny thing about it is I was driving to the AT&T store to check out my options when I spotted them on the tower. attachicon.gifIMG_20140725_132559.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140725_132619.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140725_132634.jpg

your pictures confirms what I was thinking. I think they just did a site by my house to, sadly I didn't have time to stop and chat / take pictures... The other issue is this site also has a concealed antenna shield of sorts that blocks me from seeing the actual antenna.. I kinda can see the cables and what appears to be 8 cables but honestly its hard to make out.. Its been upgraded for the past 3 weeks now and nothing has been turn on at this point..

Keep us posted on that tower and if you get b41 anytime soon? I don't think they have gotten to the point of turning it on yet.. This tower by me is less then a half mile away.. So I should get some dang good signals off of it, even inside my house. 

your pictures confirms what I was thinking. I think they just did a site by my house to, sadly I didn't have time to stop and chat / take pictures... The other issue is this site also has a concealed antenna shield of sorts that blocks me from seeing the actual antenna.. I kinda can see the cables and what appears to be 8 cables but honestly its hard to make out.. Its been upgraded for the past 3 weeks now and nothing has been turn on at this point..

Keep us posted on that tower and if you get b41 anytime soon? I don't think they have gotten to the point of turning it on yet.. This tower by me is less then a half mile away.. So I should get some dang good signals off of it, even inside my house. 

I'm pretty sure they did the Clearwire site on top of the Science Building 1 at PSU (1025 SW Mill) as well, they were working on it a few weeks back and now there is two types of antennas mounted (WiMax and the new ones). As far as I can tell Clearwire appears to be the only carrier on that building. AT&T is on Blumel Hall next door. I'm going to try and get some pics to confirm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw them putting up antennas at the site near Murray on 26 West in Beaverton. Most towers in Hillsboro have been B41 updated also. Nothing turned on yet. I am thinking maybe the end of the summer spark will go live here.

• 1 month later...

I've connected to Band 41 in Beaverton, Tigard, and Tualatin. In fact, I end up using B41 at least once a day now. It's awesome! :D

More details in the Premier thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6495-oregonsw-washington-premier-thread-band-26-band-41-discussion/

• Like 2

I'm just going to put this here... Another shameless plug for Premier. :)

Correct, the premier section has the official acceptance reports of Band 26 (800 LTE) and Band 41 (2.5ghz). In addition, Robert has received a significant amount of knowledge about the schedules going forward for most ALL markets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There, I fixed that for you. ;)

We are posting six month schedules for all markets in the Premier Sponsor thread. We are just not complete with posting them all.

Now is a good time to become a Premier Sponsor! http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Edited by PDXmike
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

There has also been quite a bit of band 41 in Vancouver Washington that my phone has connected too. I have a question I haven't seen any band 26 lte around here yet. Does anyone know when we can expect band 26 around here to go live? We could really use it.

I just connected to two band 26 sites for the first time tonight here in Beaverton/Tigard on my way home from Portland. One was right next to Washington Square and the other was near Progress Ridge. I'm not sure about Vancouver, but it looks like they've got the ball rolling over here.

• Like 4

udaru2ep.jpg

Anyone know where this signal is coming from? Baffled.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I realize this is quite an old post but I just finally came across it.    I was actually the one who mapped the area in question as this area is part of my daily commute.    The Sensorly data was accurate back in 2013 and you should check that area out on Sensorly now...   Band 26 has filled in the coverage quite nicely.    But to answer your question,  the signal mapped at that time was band 25 coming from the Cornell rd/Dawson Creek area.    A coworker and I mapped almost all of the initial Sensorly LTE data for Hillsboro and areas to the west.    

• Like 1