Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

JediFusion

3/7/13 10:45AM

Was just sitting at my desk and for a brief moment the 4G indicator came on my Note II. I assume that is certainly for LTE, and that it isnt an error. Signal switched back to 3G pretty fast, but Im hoping that means they are getting ready to fire up towers here.

I work on the SE side around Powell and 39th. Ill keep an eye on the phone to see if/when it happens again.

• Like 1

Guest 503ducati

3/7/13 10:45AM

Was just sitting at my desk and for a brief moment the 4G indicator came on my Note II. I assume that is certainly for LTE, and that it isnt an error. Signal switched back to 3G pretty fast, but Im hoping that means they are getting ready to fire up towers here.

I work on the SE side around Powell and 39th. Ill keep an eye on the phone to see if/when it happens again.

Good to hear!

I'm going to be in the Portland area in a few weeks, will get as much mapping in via Sensorly as possible on the east side.

4G LTE has made it's first appearance in Longview, WA. From what I can tell I think there are 2 towers in town so far with LTE. The speeds I have been getting so far aren't as good as VZW, but are on par with my Comcast 16/5 mbps service.

post-5744-0-73303700-1362698332_thumb.jpg

4G LTE has made it's first appearance in Longview' date=' WA. From what I can tell I think there are 2 towers in town so far with LTE. The speeds I have been getting so far aren't as good as VZW, but are on par with my Comcast 16/5 mbps service.[/quote']

Thanks for reporting your observations. As of yesterday, there was just one site accepted and live. But it's possible another one went live today. I haven't seen reports from this market yet for today.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

The new finding in SE Portland toward Milwaukie is a testing site. It has not been accepted yet. Or I should say, it hadn't been accepted as of last night. It may have been accepted today.

• 2 weeks later...

Mapped out the new tower on Teton ave in Tualatin today. All of these towers are nearby but not close enough to cover my entire apartment. RSRP is -107 dBm inside my family room only and about -105dBm when outside. Still get about 4-6 Mbps down anyhow. Huzzah for more LTE! I just wish I knew when the tower RIGHT next to my house will start work. :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

The new finding in SE Portland toward Milwaukie is a testing site. It has not been accepted yet. Or I should say, it hadn't been accepted as of last night. It may have been accepted today.

By "toward Milwaukie" would that be the SE 17th/Holgate area site? Milwaukie borders a lot of SE Portland in the Sellwood neighborhood (a few miles away mostly, but still...), so since I work in that neighborhood I want to make sure I know what you mean.

The 4G I've seen near SE 17th and 99E up to Powell is pretty awesome. If they can make it like that everywhere I'll be really impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

4G LTE has made it's first appearance in Longview, WA. From what I can tell I think there are 2 towers in town so far with LTE. The speeds I have been getting so far aren't as good as VZW, but are on par with my Comcast 16/5 mbps service.

What part of Longview? I work over by 15th and Hudson and haven't seen anything yet.

By "toward Milwaukie" would that be the SE 17th/Holgate area site? Milwaukie borders a lot of SE Portland in the Sellwood neighborhood (a few miles away mostly, but still...), so since I work in that neighborhood I want to make sure I know what you mean.

The 4G I've seen near SE 17th and 99E up to Powell is pretty awesome. If they can make it like that everywhere I'll be really impressed.

Yes I was just down in that area 2 days ago and here are my results very impressive. I know it won't hold steady like that once it gets saturated but hey still impressive.

Screenshot_2013-04-02-20-51-46_zps50477215.png

Screenshot_2013-04-02-20-51-35_zpse53dc075.png

• Like 1

Any word on Newport or Corvallis? I drove down from Washington for the week and am currently in Newport. Not seeing anything here, nor did I in Lincoln City when we came through. Wednesday I'll be headed to Corvallis, if there is anything I'll map what I can. :tu:

Any word on Newport or Corvallis? I drove down from Washington for the week and am currently in Newport. Not seeing anything here, nor did I in Lincoln City when we came through. Wednesday I'll be headed to Corvallis, if there is anything I'll map what I can. :tu:

I was in Corvallis over the weekend and did not pick up any LTE, also didn't get a chance to check out any sites. I'll be back down there this coming weekend, so hopefully more progress by then.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Corvallis over the weekend and did not pick up any LTE, also didn't get a chance to check out any sites. I'll be back down there this coming weekend, so hopefully more progress by then.

I was in Corvallis from the 10th through the 12th and sadly got nothing. :td:

This forum has been really dead lately. Any news when Vancouver will be lighting up lte?

The first Vancouver site was accepted this week as complete. It is shown on the NV Sites Complete Map in the Sponsor section.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Yeah the tower out by the 192nd Wal-Mart and Costco went live. I also know it's not a sure fire indicator but my phone went from evdo rev a to ehrpd this week the area is near 137th and gher road, by state forestry. So maybe soon I hope. :-)

Yeah the tower out by the 192nd Wal-Mart and Costco went live. I also know it's not a sure fire indicator but my phone went from evdo rev a to ehrpd this week the area is near 137th and gher road, by state forestry. So maybe soon I hope. :-)

Is that the only tower that went up? Because the signal that I got have been pretty week and speeds very slow same as 3g.

Is that the only tower that went up? Because the signal that I got have been pretty week and speeds very slow same as 3g.

Theres only 2 towers in vancouver that are active to my knowledge. The one near hudson bay high school that sits by the blind school. Then the one out by 192nd ave, 1st street, wal-mart and cosctco.. The tower is located by the mining area there on the left side as your going north on 192nd. At the walmart I was averaging outside (no interference from inside building) I was getting 25-35mbps.. Inside the walmart i'd average 7.5 to 11.5mbps.. I also was able to retain this signal up to the 162-164th dog park and the speeds outside there were around 7.5 to 10mbps.

My Google+ profile has pictures.. This was done my HTC One.

https://plus.google.com/photos/100388621271214307713/albums/5874246486486529201

Not bad imo... Now A bit better description of my house area, Between NE 112th ave (near forestry and state police) and 137th going towards fourth plain theirs a tower that sits in the middle of both sides on right side of 4th plain going east, I believe this tower may be in progress of upgrades right now as both my Galaxy nexus and my HTC One recently went from EVDO Rev A to eHRPD in the last week 1/2.. I do know from readings that its not a sure fire way of telling but it may be an early sign at least. Issue with this tower is it sits in a lock and storage thing on private property so pictures are super hard to get of the base stations and what not and Its hard for me to make out the Panels for any NV style on it.

Theres only 2 towers in vancouver that are active to my knowledge. The one near hudson bay high school that sits by the blind school. Then the one out by 192nd ave, 1st street, wal-mart and cosctco.. The tower is located by the mining area there on the left side as your going north on 192nd. At the walmart I was averaging outside (no interference from inside building) I was getting 25-35mbps.. Inside the walmart i'd average 7.5 to 11.5mbps.. I also was able to retain this signal up to the 162-164th dog park and the speeds outside there were around 7.5 to 10mbps.

My Google+ profile has pictures.. This was done my HTC One.

https://plus.google.com/photos/100388621271214307713/albums/5874246486486529201

Not bad imo... Now A bit better description of my house area, Between NE 112th ave (near forestry and state police) and 137th going towards fourth plain theirs a tower that sits in the middle of both sides on right side of 4th plain going east, I believe this tower may be in progress of upgrades right now as both my Galaxy nexus and my HTC One recently went from EVDO Rev A to eHRPD in the last week 1/2.. I do know from readings that its not a sure fire way of telling but it may be an early sign at least. Issue with this tower is it sits in a lock and storage thing on private property so pictures are super hard to get of the base stations and what not and Its hard for me to make out the Panels for any NV style on it.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering which tower I was getting the signal from. I will go to Costco tomorrow and do some mapping on sensorly and do some speed tests. I am a around fishers Landing. I get a week signal on my wife's samsung galaxy s3 but nothing on my evo lte at my house. Excited that it is actually coming.

What's up with sensorly I tried mapping new areas where I get 4g and it has not been showing up on the map. I did it on Sunday and again yesterday. Anybody know what wrong with it?