Network Vision/LTE - Myrtle Beach market (Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, Florence, Jacksonville NC, New Bern)

thewezgrays

Check out Sensorly -- just mapped some new 4G near Hwy 31/Hwy 22 from what I believe is a newly accepted 4G site near the ocean near the Wal-Mart north of Myrtle Beach.... I am sure I will head that way this weekend and if I do I will do more mapping...

• Like 1

Well, today at work, LTE has disappeared from the accepted Darlington site!  It was on for about 3 weeks, then nothing.  Hopefully it'll come back online soon...  :(

LTE came back yesterday after being out for about 2 weeks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yay finally the Garden City tower has LTE! Now when I go to visit like I do every year it wont be painful speeds (well up right by the beach was 1X). The whole MB area really needs it especially during the summer time.  I am glad to see MB is getting closer to being done, hopefully fully done before summer hits.  :)

• Like 1

Yeah we are getting LTE all over here now -- and now we are filling in with the 1x800, too.... I can not wait for it to fill in more and then start seeing LTE800 (on my new Mega)...

Yeah, I'm so excited that while at work in Florence, Darlington, or Hartsville I now have LTE!  Did lots of mapping around Hartsville and Darlington recently.  Gonna try to do more this upcoming week.

• Like 1

Just about all of Jacksonville was LTE lit, when I was in the area during the holidays. Big time difference since I was last there in 2006.

• 4 weeks later...

Since there hasn't been a post in here for awhile, I figured I would pop in... Gotta say, we have LTE in a large portion of Horry County now... A few holes here and there.  Totally can't wait for band 26!

• Like 1

I was in Myrtle Beach about two weeks ago and compared to a year ago when I was there the coverage was incredible.  People with me had AT&T and spent most of the time with either one bar or no signal at all.  That is the way Sprint was a year ago.  This time, I had LTE and at least two bars and often four or five bars with very usable speeds while my AT&T friends complained about not even being able to send a text message or load Facebook.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I was in Myrtle Beach about two weeks ago and compared to a year ago when I was there the coverage was incredible.  People with me had AT&T and spent most of the time with either one bar or no signal at all.  That is the way Sprint was a year ago.  This time, I had LTE and at least two bars and often four or five bars with very usable speeds while my AT&T friends complained about not even being able to send a text message or load Facebook.

AT&T just got 4G LTE (about 2 weeks ago) and all 3 other carriers had LTE before them! (Kinda funny they are #2 and #1,3, & 4 got in before summer lol).  Last year Sprint was challenging though a lot of the time I was on 1X near the beach, but when I was EVDO or e-HRPD it was alright.  I am going down next month and it will be nice to have the better speeds.   :) 

Myrtle Beach REALLY needed it no matter what carrier you have, it gets really congested there!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any reports on LTE speeds/performance in Myrtle Beach? I will be there at the beginning of August and was wondering what I should prepare for this time. Last year we couldn't use our phones at all, not even for simple calls.... it was that bad......

Any reports on LTE speeds/performance in Myrtle Beach? I will be there at the beginning of August and was wondering what I should prepare for this time. Last year we couldn't use our phones at all, not even for simple calls.... it was that bad......

mapped most of town's north end with some others, Band 25 is OK, solo channel so far. South of town is just getting filled in now with LTE. Music streams well, video is good near a site, texts are great via LTE. Coverage is nearing good to better. Capacity can be a stretch some days by Broadway, Coastal Grand, and the Hospital area on 82nd. GPS on the new base stations works great if you need directions to see and find activities.

1x800 is on a lot of towers in town if you have the correct prl. This was probably just added mostly in the last month or two. I have a N5 for a daily driver and I have made a few HD calls lately, which was nice and surprising. These were on 1x800.

Seemed like more carriers were added in the fall for voice on 1900 as well. Before the season was here, I noticed decent voice usage in several different handsets then. Hope this helps.

Depending on each area YMMV.

...Hope this helps.

Depending on each area YMMV.

Thanks! That helped a lot! Was just curios how the NV was handling the travelers. As long as I can stream occasional Spotify, send iMessages and check some social networks with light video watching I'm good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! That helped a lot! Was just curios how the NV was handling the travelers. As long as I can stream occasional Spotify, send iMessages and check some social networks with light video watching I'm good.

Please share good sights on the beach with us.

I just came back from Myrtle Beach from vacation and what a difference from last year!!!!! I never went down to 1X unlike last year. I was connected to LTE most of the time, but theres one tower in progress and has been for a really long time it seems (of course I was staying near that area) and it flipped over to 3G when I was at the hotel at the beach front.  This is the most improved market I have been in, HOWEVER doing some speed tests on 4G were very slow compared to tower near home.  The 3G speed tests were decent and were about the same across the board from what I have seen with NV 1.5 to about 2 down and 1 up.  I know the whole Myrtle Beach area gets really congested in the summer and I had an at&t phone with me and the 4G LTE speed tests were only SLIGHTLY better and even though at&t JUST launched the Myrtle Beach market less then a month ago not all of there towers are LTE.  I did not have the other two carriers to test.  If any market that really needs more bandwidth its this market for sure, especially during the summer, Spark would help out the congestion A LOT!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ryny7e5a.jpgvuseba7u.jpg Pretty sure I lucked out. -65 signal with good speeds & a view of the tower itself! This is the first time I've been HAPPY with service in Myrtle Beach. Hope it continues to be useable when we go out.

Sprint was MUCH better this year, I held on to 4G LTE MOST of the time. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed on sensorly the LTE is north of New Bern and south of New Bern. Yet once I leave the middle of that map and head in either direction my LTE is gone! Not sure what is going on there. Second, I was in the Sprint store today playing around with the LG G3 and I turned off WiFi to test the phone and the Spark symbol was spinning around! I thought that only pops up when you are on the spark network? I am excited but would like someone to tell me if they can where me if New Bern could actually have Spark. Thanks

Second, I was in the Sprint store today playing around with the LG G3 and I turned off WiFi to test the phone and the Spark symbol was spinning around! I thought that only pops up when you are on the spark network? I am excited but would like someone to tell me if they can where me if New Bern could actually have Spark. Thanks

All Tri-Band devices use the Spark logo when connected to any of the three LTE bands. Yes, it's very confusing, but it's the direction they decided to go with.

Also New Bern isn't a Spark market yet. Only LTE 1900/Band 25 is active there.

Hey any ideas about what's happening here in the Bern? Like I said I cannot get the LTE that shows on the maps in sensuously. I have to admit I was disappointed not to get LTE every where. Don't get me wrong I love my Sprint so please don't think me negative. If you shoot me the location of the tower I will try to snap a shot of the site.

I'm still waiting for most of the towers in Florence, SC to start broadcasting LTE.  All of the towers around the outskirts and beyond are pretty much online.  However, most, if not all of the sites in the Florence city limits are still only 3G accepted.  You'd think it'd be the opposite way.  Unfortunately, I've been getting those dreaded 0.05 Mbps download speeds again while at work there.  Seems like it got better for a while, then went down in the dumps again for some odd reason.  Oh well, It'll be great when they do come online!   :D 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me some locations of Sprint towers in the new Bern and surrounding areas?

Donating at least a dollar will get you access to the maps forum: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/31-interactive-s4gru-maps/

:)

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

• Like 1