nhanges

Network Vision/LTE - West Texas Market (including Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, San Angelo)

LTE went live just moments ago here in Clarendon, Texas :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Noticed this morning that Sweetwater now has LTE.  Speed test shows 11MB which is a big jump from the 150k the FCC app was showing yesterday.

• Like 2

Sprint LTE went live in Brownfield, Texas this morning.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Midland tx has 2 cites up with sprint spark speeds are 45 down and 15 up

• Like 1

Hey guys, back digging up an old thread but with news. Sprint still has not finished network vision here yet on all towers. We have 1x800voice active on 2 cell sites and 800lte on 2 sites I will post screen shots of them in LTE discovery when I get closer to them.

• Like 1

Hey guys, back digging up an old thread but with news. Sprint still has not finished network vision here yet on all towers. We have 1x800voice active on 2 cell sites and 800lte on 2 sites I will post screen shots of them in LTE discovery when I get closer to them.

Rebanding in 800 is just now closing up in the Southern parts of the West Texas market. Glad to see it starting to go live now.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

B26 In Plainview, Texas. This has only gone live in the last few days before we have been using B25 1900 with horrid signal. Also a speed test on LTE 800 not bad.

post-24290-145215316351_thumb.png

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Speed test on LTE 800 MHZ post-24290-145215332481_thumb.png

Sent From My LG G Flex 2.

On the Now Network,,, No. From Sprint Spark,,, No. Sprint LTE Plus,,, Sprint Extended LTE,,, No. Sprints Now Expanded Spark LTE Network

Edited by Drew10162003

I know this thread is pretty much dead but I noticed 2xCA on B25 out here in Odessa. Haven't bothered with a speed test because things are real sluggish out here.

8ee58e399e06b3fef7b3554c1f47af4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I know this thread is pretty much dead but I noticed 2xCA on B25 out here in Odessa. Haven't bothered with a speed test because things are real sluggish out here.

Nice. B25 CA is slowly but surely popping up in more and more places.

• Like 1

10+5? I don't think we've seen that before. Last report of B25 CA I think showed 5+5.

10+5? I don't think we've seen that before. Last report of B25 CA I think showed 5+5.

It's all the same, I believe. The RRU/MMBS updates should allow either.

It's all the same, I believe. The RRU/MMBS updates should allow either.

I know that, just interesting to see. I didn't even know a 10x10 carrier was live in the West Texas market.

I just noticed out here today. I will be traveling the area for meetings tomorrow and see what improvements it has brought. This is a really weak spot for Sprint but hard to justify spending money in the middle of nowhere.

Nice. B25 CA is slowly but surely popping up in more and more places.

I wonder if upload CA for B25 is supported on the S8. It is on B41.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

I know that, just interesting to see. I didn't even know a 10x10 carrier was live in the West Texas market.

Do you know if work on CA B25 has started in Samsung Markets or not?

Do you know if work on CA B25 has started in Samsung Markets or not?

Work is underway in markets served by all vendors, it just seems that Ericsson was the first to get CA all up and running.  

• Like 1

Work is underway in markets served by all vendors, it just seems that Ericsson was the first to get CA all up and running.

Cool. Unfortunately I don't have a B25 Carrier Aggregation Device.

In Andrews county just west of town it drops back to 5+5 CA on B25 and the network runs very slow.c82177e9ffc0fb27a4ded94795d30f02.jpg

• Like 1

While I travelled around parts of West Texas I noticed Sprint has been adding 2xCA on many sites. In Andrews county they are running 5x5, Ector county is 10x5 and Sterling county is 5x5. I didn't notice any CA in Tom Green county.

Speeds in Andrews and Ector counties were real slow with 5-10mbps upload speed equal or greater than the 3-7mbps download. One of the main reason for such low speeds could be microwave backhaul on many sites. Sprint isn't the only one guilty of this in the area. Even B41 2xCA was running between 21 - 44 down. Sterling county speeds were better on B25 2xCA than what I saw in other parts but was still below 20mbps down.

On top of the lower speeds large sections of the area are without coverage. East of San Angelo in to the hill country I spent most of my time on Five Star Wireless.

Overall the network is usable but Sprint will not win any awards or impress anyone here. This part of the state is very much AT&T and Verizon territory.

• Like 2

While I travelled around parts of West Texas I noticed Sprint has been adding 2xCA on many sites. In Andrews county they are running 5x5, Ector county is 10x5 and Sterling county is 5x5. I didn't notice any CA in Tom Green county.

Speeds in Andrews and Ector counties were real slow with 5-10mbps upload speed equal or greater than the 3-7mbps download. One of the main reason for such low speeds could be microwave backhaul on many sites. Sprint isn't the only one guilty of this in the area. Even B41 2xCA was running between 21 - 44 down. Sterling county speeds were better on B25 2xCA than what I saw in other parts but was still below 20mbps down.

On top of the lower speeds large sections of the area are without coverage. East of San Angelo in to the hill country I spent most of my time on Five Star Wireless.

Overall the network is usable but Sprint will not win any awards or impress anyone here. This part of the state is very much AT&T and Verizon territory.

All those speeds you mentioned were plenty quick for 99% of tasks carried out on a phone.
  • Like 1

This is the bigger problem with Sprint. They can get by with this because it is usable for now and long time user don't expect much more from them. It wouldn't take much of a load on B25 to make it unusable.

One would hope that the overall experience would be better than it had been on wimax over 6 years ago.

This is the bigger problem with Sprint. They can get by with this because it is usable for now and long time user don't expect much more from them. It wouldn't take much of a load on B25 to make it unusable.

One would hope that the overall experience would be better than it had been on wimax over 6 years ago.

Again, I think 99% of users cannot tell the difference between 5mb with low ping and 100mb with low ping. To this day, Verizon still only garantees between 5 and 12mb a second on average, and I've seen plenty of sub 1mbs on V.

Also unlike Wimax days people are streaming 1080p+ videos on their devices adding massive strain on networks, especially with unlimited data being the norm.

Just ask Verizon about how they're network slowed down a massive 15% just months into introducing unlimited data.