Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

Anyone know the range these LTE towers signals can transmitt (as in distance) because according to sensorly I have three towers as of now transmitting LTE all with 2 miles of my home one less than a mile but I get no LTE signal until I travel to the purple dot on the map.

until they adjust the downtilt it has pretty good range. im connected to a site thats at least 3 miles away in college park. and this site isnt on a tall tower but on a rooftop. im surprised by the range.

Did a ltitle more mapping this morning. From what I'm seeing on Sensorly it looks like the range that I'm able to pick up signal from the one tower that sems to be broadcasting near my route (the one just east of the Capitol building) is pretty impressive. Gives me a lot of hope for the coverage we'll get when we get ALL of the towers broadcasting LTE.

Was also wondering about this on my ride, so I had to look it up: http://grammarist.com/usage/capitol-capital/

Was also wondering about this on my ride, so I had to look it up: http://grammarist.com/usage/capitol-capital/

"It's a long par 5 to the Capitol..."

AJ

• Like 3

Anyone know the range these LTE towers signals can transmitt (as in distance) because according to sensorly I have three towers as of now transmitting LTE all with 2 miles of my home one less than a mile but I get no LTE signal until I travel to the purple dot on the map.

In higher density populations, cell sites can be configured to cover a small of space as couple blocks, whereas in rural areas cell sites can have a range in excess of 10 miles with optimal conditions. Most likely, even though you are within a couple miles of several sites, they have been configured to cover a small area, that way they can fit more sites into the are, increasing the number of people able to use the service. Part of the reason Sprint's LTE will be better AT&T's or Verizon's, more cell sites so they won't get overloaded as quickly.

Going to my once a decade pro football game Monday night to entertain customers. Hopefully I can upload the first Sensorly 4G LTE points in the Men's bathroom at FedEx field. Go Skins!

Cell signal while in FedEx isn't likely. Im a former season ticket holder. Go Skins.

You were right. Fed ex really didn't have much of any signal. I'm sure 80000 people stuffed in there didn't help. Great Game!

Glad you were there. RG3 baby!!!

Getting back on topic, yesterday I left sensory on on my commute in. I can confirm the Springfield/Alexandria beltway portion had LTE up and running. I ran the Speedtest.net app and I think had like 2mbps down. Not the best speeds but I'll take anything over Sprint 3G as of late in our area.

• Like 1

Got a hit in Takoma Park, right next to New Hampshire avenue! I couldn't really figure out which tower was broadcasting it, as the best signal I got was about -105 dbm. Best speeds were close to 10 down and 6 up, although most were about 4-5/2-3. Still awesome though.

I also mapped it on Sensorly, but it doesn't seem to be showing up. I'll try again tomorrow.

• Like 2

Right now sitting in Alexandra off of Eisenhower Ave at the FedEx station enjoy a bit of LTE.

[ATTACH]1242[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1243[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1244[/ATTACH]

decided to go to college park and make sure 4g was still working on my phone. haven't been getting any signal and just assumed they turned the towers off. I was right. college park still shows lte. I'm amazed at how easily the gs3 gets screenshots!

post-8153-0-41592600-1354669709_thumb.png

Was at the Verizon Center last night for the Wizards/Heat game didn't get any signal for 2 hours until I hit New York Ave is this area a dead spot for Sprint service or is it possible that Verizon could be blocking Sprints signal because I never had this issue at other venues before.

Was at the Verizon Center last night for the Wizards/Heat game didn't get any signal for 2 hours until I hit New York Ave is this area a dead spot for Sprint service or is it possible that Verizon could be blocking Sprints signal because I never had this issue at other venues before.

I work a block from there and never got LTE at the Verizon center. Don't think it's blocked by Verizon - if you go by the sensorly map there is a big gap along 7th street that streches from Gallery Place chinatown Metro to Mt. vernon Sq / Convention center (North) and from Gallery Place chinatown Metro to Archive Navy Memorial (South). I have picked up LTE at both ends but never in front of the Verizon Center ( I be at chipotle fiathfully lol) I think their has to be a tower to cover that section and it might not be on yet.

Edited by DC_MTP

This morning on my way into work (DC Capitol Hill/Navy Yard) I map'd my trip and added some more purple to the map. I picked up LTE from Ritchie Marlboro Rd. alll the way down to Andrews AFB on 495 before the signal dropped. I ran a speed test in that area and got 16 Mbs down and 6Mbs up. Now just hoping they turn on the other tower by me in Largo so I can get LTE at home and then the one down here at Navy Yard by Nationals Stadium.

It has to be a dead spot. It would be illegal for Verizon to block a cell signal from another carrier.

This morning on my way into work (DC Capitol Hill/Navy Yard) I map'd my trip and added some more purple to the map. I picked up LTE from Ritchie Marlboro Rd. alll the way down to Andrews AFB on 495 before the signal dropped. I ran a speed test in that area and got 16 Mbs down and 6Mbs up. Now just hoping they turn on the other tower by me in Largo so I can get LTE at home and then the one down here at Navy Yard by Nationals Stadium.

Same here didn't know Sprint had so many towers in one community I knew of 2 but by the looks of things it must be 6 now.