Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

Frederick should come online (4G) shortly according to Sprint. May have nothing to do with it, but 3G in Frederick is almost unusable for me. It's not that Sprint customers in Frederick just WANT 4G, I can safely say that we NEED it.

Frederick should come online (4G) shortly according to Sprint. May have nothing to do with it, but 3G in Frederick is almost unusable for me. It's not that Sprint customers in Frederick just WANT 4G, I can safely say that we NEED it.

Oh yeah, the 3G is dial up like in places with a 1000ms ping times in some places trying to do a speedtest. Got plenty of signal just need something to back it up with!

Sounds more like you need more capacity but I am sure 4G would not hurt :P

Now that Manassas is seeing LTE, I'm hoping we folks about 3-5 miles further west (Bristow) will be feeling the "LTE love" in the near future. Many thanks to all who contribute to the running of this site -- great information!

• Like 2

Looks like LTE is now broadcasting in Stafford, VA (22554). Signal Check-Lite App picked up a signal with -103 RSRP. Phone appeared to try to connect to it when it took it off WiFi but I got no data. It then went over 3G

• Like 1

Ok I was getting a great physical signal in Frederick md. Checked on my signal check pro

1xrtt - 68 dbm

Evdo - 61 dbm

But I couldn't get a Web site, speed test, s4gru to load up.

So I called *2 to ask for help more to establish a ticket with sprint.

Here is what the CS guy suggested.

He went thru making sure my mobile and data settings were correct. They were.

Checked my zip code/network functions. Ok.

Turned off wifi. Ok but it's always on. Then he said let's take it off LTE / cdma and put it on cdma . Eeeek that's sacrilegious! I did which rebooted. He called back.

Now try a Web site. Bam worked.

Checked data

My speed test was 1.1 mb down. . 7 up.

Ok network gurus splain that one.

• Like 1

Ok I was getting a great physical signal in Frederick md. Checked on my signal check pro

1xrtt - 68 dbm

Evdo - 61 dbm

But I couldn't get a Web site, speed test, s4gru to load up.

So I called *2 to ask for help more to establish a ticket with sprint.

Here is what the CS guy suggested.

He went thru making sure my mobile and data settings were correct. They were.

Checked my zip code/network functions. Ok.

Turned off wifi. Ok but it's always on. Then he said let's take it off LTE / cdma and put it on cdma . Eeeek that's sacrilegious! I did which rebooted. He called back.

Now try a Web site. Bam worked.

Checked data

My speed test was 1.1 mb down. . 7 up.

Ok network gurus splain that one.

Rehashed to a different carrier?

It doesn't seem there has been much expansion on the LTE 4G project in the DC area since Sprint did their soft launch of the market. I almost want to travel to Chicago to get a taste of what it'll feel like having LTE everywhere and not having to do the airplane mode cycle to help keep me motivated to stay with Sprint.

I parked at the Dulles airport yesterday just so that I could play with my phone on LTE and enjoy the speeds.

It doesn't seem there has been much expansion on the LTE 4G project in the DC area since Sprint did their soft launch of the market. I almost want to travel to Chicago to get a taste of what it'll feel like having LTE everywhere and not having to do the airplane mode cycle to help keep me motivated to stay with Sprint.

I parked at the Dulles airport yesterday just so that I could play with my phone on LTE and enjoy the speeds.

I would disagree. It seems over the last few weeks things have been lighting up. I don't go into actual DC but stay on the outskirts. I am starting to see the 4G icon on a lot more. I spend most of my time in Alexandria and have noticed increased presence of 4G there specifically.

• Like 1

Whats the update for Rockville/Bethesda MD Area?

Per Robert,

"It's an active deployment area. Each site goes live after it completes and passes inspection. Some sites go live every week. That will happen until the whole market is covered."

• Like 1

Per Robert,

"It's an active deployment area. Each site goes live after it completes and passes inspection. Some sites go live every week. That will happen until the whole market is covered."

It's rapidly expanding up I-270. I can now get it up on the hill near my in-laws house in Hyattstown (Rt-109). I see that it's being tested in Urbana as well. Hope Frederick gets it this spring/summer.

It's rapidly expanding up I-270. I can now get it up on the hill near my in-laws house in Hyattstown (Rt-109). I see that it's being tested in Urbana as well. Hope Frederick gets it this spring/summer.

I just want it to start expanding south. Bethesda is like a black hole. I've got it in DC, up in Rockville / Gaithersburg...but no Bethesda :-(.

When I do get it, it's unbelievable. Extremely fast.

3G up there is brutal. I have a ton of family up there and I go and visit. It's painfully slow.

Anyone in the south Arlington(Columbia pike/Pentagon) area having LTE issues this past week? Can't seem to get a lock in my apartment, roof top, Pentagon city area where before it was constant. Switched roms, modems, & radios and no changes help.

Just so you don't think we are whiners in Frederick. zujyzaja.jpg

Even if you were whining this is not the place to do it... (See: the rules)

And frankly, I've seen worse.

I've been with Sprint over 10 years and if I wanted to leave nothing would stop me, that said I don't. I think we are all well aware of the current situation... if you can't wait it out/stand another moment of it just switch carriers. Being on a contract is no excuse because the network woes have been going on for far longer than 2 years.