Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

I live on the Arlington/Alexandria border and I haven't seen any progress on 4G LTE rollout. However, I was visiting my parents this past weekend who live on the Arlington/McLean border and I noticed that I was connected to 4G LTE. You can imagine my surprise. Very nice connection speeds. Now when will if reach me where I live?????????

:wall:

I live on the Arlington/Alexandria border and I haven't seen any progress on 4G LTE rollout. However, I was visiting my parents this past weekend who live on the Arlington/McLean border and I noticed that I was connected to 4G LTE. You can imagine my surprise. Very nice connection speeds. Now when will if reach me where I live?????????

:wall:

I see you have the EVO. In my experience, as well as many others, the EVO does not do a good job of acquiring the LTE signal in areas that aren't saturated with LTE. If you haven't tried toggling the phone in and out of airplane mode you may want to try that if you're in an area where you suspect LTE to be present.

I think it's time Rockville and Bethesda get a little purple on the sensorly map... We have probably the biggest bald spot in the market!

Man yes finnaly someone understands I live in rockville and need LTE we look like pushed out of LTE love

I see you have the EVO. In my experience, as well as many others, the EVO does not do a good job of acquiring the LTE signal in areas that aren't saturated with LTE. If you haven't tried toggling the phone in and out of airplane mode you may want to try that if you're in an area where you suspect LTE to be present.

With the new update the evo connects quite well without cycling with in seconds.

It does seem better but still not as good as I expected it to be. Still having to do airplane mode more than I feel I should.

Occasionally, even I need to cycle Airplane Mode to get a -90dbm or so LTE connection. It's because the network is in its infancy and the phone will need to most likely connect to a further away site to get an LTE signal, which consumes more power and is less stable and reliable.

With the new update the evo connects quite well without cycling with in seconds.

Well, I either have a bad device or the improvements are being misstated. I have been 100 yards away from an active LTE tower and still had to do the airplane mode dance. And this is a tower that has been up and running for months.

Well, I either have a bad device or the improvements are being misstated. I have been 100 yards away from an active LTE tower and still had to do the airplane mode dance. And this is a tower that has been up and running for months.

To my knowledge there is a timer before the LTE radio cuts on, so of that timer doesn't trigger in range of a tower you may have to do the airplane mode dance.

What's happening in this market no new news since a long time. And rockville Bethesda in the dark. There has not been new news since weeks.

Probably holiday down time. The weather hasn't been exactly cooperating around here either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone gotten any signal in woodbridge or manassas as of yet? I know that at least one tower near to lake ridge was down for service recently as i got no signal for 3 days.

Nope

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Redskins in the playoffs!

LTE must be coming...

Redskins in the playoffs? I would have said that Daniel Snyder must have died. But then I saw him on TV during the broadcast.

;)

AJ

Was there a cease and desist order place against this market because it seems like 2 weeks before christmas came there weren't any new towers that came online and the trend is still continuing unless everyone decided to stop mapping points with sensorly.

Was there a cease and desist order place against this market because it seems like 2 weeks before christmas came there weren't any new towers that came online and the trend is still continuing unless everyone decided to stop mapping points with sensorly.

Become a sponsor and you will see the progress in our NV Sites Complete thread. Sensorly only shows what people report.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk