LTE still had trouble connecting even when LTE only set.

kckid

I decided to change my data connection to LTE only for my trip from Texas to Kansas. That way I should not have to toggle to get LTE to connect since there would not be a CDMA connection alrady established connection to change when LTE was available.

Well guess what? LTE still would not connect even though the iPhone had and LTE connection.

1. I connected once in Wichita Falls but soon lost it and never connected again there even though the iPhone maintained an LTE connection while in Wichita Falls.

2. iPhone connected at the south Kansas border, Evo finally connected after toggling.

3. Evo never connected in Wichita KS, iPhone always connected

4. Automatically connected from Andover, KS to El Dorado, KS

5. Finally automatically connected in Overland Park.

I cleared the LTE file so I could log all connections on the trip. No connections were logged until I set the connection to LTE/CDMA/EVDO auto when I got home.

Note: When connected LTE, there were not NID or BID info in netmontior when LTE only selected.

Note: When connected LTE, there were not NID or BID info in netmontior when LTE only selected.

SID/NID are CDMA2000 characteristics. In LTE only mode, the CDMA2000 radio should be shut down, thus SID/NID figures not accessible.

AJ

I decided to change my data connection to LTE only for my trip from Texas to Kansas. That way I should not have to toggle to get LTE to connect since there would not be a CDMA connection alrady established connection to change when LTE was available.

Well guess what? LTE still would not connect even though the iPhone had and LTE connection.

1. I connected once in Wichita Falls but soon lost it and never connected again there even though the iPhone maintained an LTE connection while in Wichita Falls.

2. iPhone connected at the south Kansas border, Evo finally connected after toggling.

3. Evo never connected in Wichita KS, iPhone always connected

4. Automatically connected from Andover, KS to El Dorado, KS

5. Finally automatically connected in Overland Park.

I cleared the LTE file so I could log all connections on the trip. No connections were logged until I set the connection to LTE/CDMA/EVDO auto when I got home.

I discovered a different way to get "LTE only"

First, you dial *#*#4636#*#*

Then you scroll down a tiny bit and there is a little triangle on the right. If you press that, you get a list of options. If you select the bottom option "LTE, CDMA" you will connect to 4G without any problems. If no 4G is available, then you will revert to a 1X connection. This trick worked great for me when I was mapping 4G in my area. There are some downsides. For example, you can't get 3G. Also, I didn't have any luck staying connected to 4G for long. YMMV

To change back you do the same thing and select "CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto"

• Like 2