GSlll rumored specs

legion125

I have never had LOS with my E4GT since the fix. And I only had it twice before that. If I remember correctly, the issue was WiMax antenna related.

Robert

I was off Samsung for a long time. In the feature phone days, I didn't have very good luck with the software, but they made good, feature-rich phones. Then when android came along, I went with the HTC Hero and the wife went with the Samsung Moment. She seemed a little happier with the Moment, where I had to root the Hero. I never noticed a time when I had service and she didn't. I briefly upgraded to the EVO 3D while the wife had the E4GT. Again, never had service when she didn't. After playing with her E4GT, I bought the E4GT and saw the light. Now I have the Nexus, and it is also an awesome device.

I know there are a few people who have complaints about LOS or reception issues and they shout their complaints from the mountain tops. The fact of the matter is that Samsung isn't dumb, they absolutely have to manufacture quality devices or they will disappear from the market leaders as fast as they rose to the top.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Do we have any info on whether or not the gsIII will support 800 LTE? I'm waiting to buy a GN until I find out.

I think you will be waiting until the Fall then. I don't suspect to find out any details about the Sprint version of the GS3 for a long time.

Robert

I think you will be waiting until the Fall then. I don't suspect to find out any details about the Sprint version of the GS3 for a long time.

Robert

Dang, I feared this.. Might be pre-ordering the GN then.

Did any of the rest of you see this link of rumor/release at android central?

Everything seems possible to me, maybe a bit of doubt of the new a15 processor though.

http://forums.androi...lease-info.html

"I have a friend who is divulging info to me from who he claims to be a "decently high up" source at Samsung. I got this last night. Again, this is only rumor, take this with a grain of salt. I'm posting this simply because he is generally trustworthy and it's interesting to speculate. There's definitely some "duh" specs here.

-Revealed May 3rd (well, this has come true smile.png )

-4.7" 720p Super Amoled+ Screen

-16 and 32GB internal storage models, although he doubts the availablity of the 32GB in the US

-1GB ram

-8mp shooter on the back, does not protrude from the device. BSI, 1080p at 30fps, 720p at 60fps.

-big battery, "bigger than 2200mah"

-microSD support

-NFC

-thinner than GSII, described as "remarkably thin"'

-Will have capacitive buttons similar to Epic 4G Touch and HTC devices

-Will hit the U.S. "much sooner" than previous models, and will launch in Europe "less than one month" after announcement. "Sprint first" then "T-mo/ATT around the same time". He said we'll have it during the Summer for sure. No Verizon.

-Testers have had it in their hands for a while, albeit with a different form factor to prevent leaks.

-Every purported leak so far as been fake (no surprise)

-May not be called GSIII. Might be something like GS Next. Of course Sprint will have their way with the name smile.png

As for the processor, he said the initial Euro launch model will feature the A9 quad core 4412 Exynos, while the American Sprint launch will see the dual core 2ghz A15 Exynos (yes!). Several companies will be using the 4412 in their phones. Due to possible supply concerns, Sammy has accelerated production of the new A15 chip to use in their phones exclusively. A revised Euro version with the updated processor may become available down the line. It will also feature an improved 12mp shooter (1080p 60fps, 720p at 90fps!). It will be available around the late holiday season if so, and may see an early 2013 US release.

There WILL be a successor the Note, featuring the better camera and proc.

And that's it. Any questions for this guy? He's usually pretty good about responding on FB, although I don't wanna prod him too hard. Again, this is only a rumor, take it with a grain of salt. "

his follow up questions had this reply

Sammy has really been focusing on slimness and power consumption with this thing. They're shooting for excellent battery life. All components were designed for this purpose - the camera sensor is slim and sips power, and the 32nm with their proprietary manufacturing tech is geared towards not only getting the first a15 to market, but also towards consuming %40 less power than previous. The Super Amoled+ HD is said to be stunning. He was not sure about the material of the phone, but said it was supposed to feel great in the hand, not "cheap" as some report with sammy devices. Wireless charging will be standard in the Korean market, but he's not sure about the rest of the world. It may come as an optional accessory in the rest of the world.

He said they really wanted to get the 5250 Exynos in there.

"They're really trying to get that in there ahead of schedule

The 4412 is around the same level as the S4 performance, possibly even a little less. It's a good chip, but the 5250 is astounding, especially GPU-wise

Especially in the face of Apple's A6 or whatever they shove in the iP5

They see that as the main competition, and really wanna stomp it out, theyre racing to get the chip in there and out the door this summer"

He did admit they he doesn't know too much about internals in general. He also said that there would be no 3D. Additionally, he said he hasn't heard anything about Verizon. He's not ruling out a possible Verizon launch, just saying that it's been quiet on that front. He doesn't know much about the rest of the world's launch schedule.

Just some good rumors to discuss. at least these seem in the realm of possibility. Hope the "sprint first" release holds true. LOL

• Like 2

I wouldn't doubt the A15 really as it seems amongst everything those two chips are the most likely to be one of the chosen ones for the device...

Really not much of what that poster said couldn't of been derived from all the leaks thus far and info out there...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yea, specs are about in line with what everyone expects.

Rumor i'm interested in are the release date ones. Would be nice if samsung plans on releasing it that soon after the announcment.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

It's funny that they expect Verizon to be left out again. Maybe Verizon wanted it to bear a "droid" branding and Samsung told them to pound sand.

I HATE that branding personally....can not explain how irritating it is to hear someone refer to an HTC android device as a "Droid."

Android=/Droid...lol

It's funny that they expect Verizon to be left out again. Maybe Verizon wanted it to bear a "droid" branding and Samsung told them to pound sand.

I HATE that branding personally....can not explain how irritating it is to hear someone refer to an HTC android device as a "Droid."

Android=/Droid...lol

• Like 1

You must really hate it. You posted it twice! LOL

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

Android=/Droid...lol

I hate it too! I hate it too!

Most of the people I know who have used the term "droid" to refer to an Android phone have been properly yelled at for it and no longer talk to me about phones.

• Like 1

I hate it too! I hate it too!

Most of the people I know who have used the term "droid" to refer to an Android phone have been properly yelled at for it and no longer talk to me about phones.

ROFLMAO!!!!

You must really hate it. You posted it twice! LOL

Haha in charlotte here today...coverage is all over the place. Sitting in the hotel I see the phone go from full bars to 1 back and forth...

Though its nice to see some solid Wimax coverage here everywhere I've been...

Now those are some sweet hardware specs, inline with what HTC did with the EVO LTE.

Being a Samsung device, of course it will have a downright beautiful screen, and camera.

May 3rd needs to get here faster, I'm torn between the two phones as my next device (still may do iPhone anyway, depending on what it comes out with)

Did any of the rest of you see this link of rumor/release at android central?

Everything seems possible to me, maybe a bit of doubt of the new a15 processor though.

http://forums.androi...lease-info.html

his follow up questions had this reply:

"They're really trying to get that in there ahead of schedule

The 4412 is around the same level as the S4 performance, possibly even a little less. It's a good chip, but the 5250 is astounding, especially GPU-wise

Especially in the face of Apple's A6 or whatever they shove in the iP5

They see that as the main competition, and really wanna stomp it out, theyre racing to get the chip in there and out the door this summer"

This part makes no sense to me at all, and makes me not want to believe anything this person is saying. Now I could be wrong but why would he say "especially in the face of apple's a6 or whatever they shove in the ip5"? Doesn't Samsung manufacture the soc's in the iphones? So how could they not know whats going in the ip5? How can he say that Samsung wants to stomp out the competitors cpu when they are the very ones thats going to be manufacturing that very same cpu?

To me he sounds like a guy that works at samsung and is repeating what he has heard about the S3 from in house. He might not be a tech guy, and just is relaying what fellow friends/co workers have told him.

In my company, i work in IT, the breakroom is a treasure trove of unannounced information, upgrade news, ect.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The part I am stuck with in that write up is the part of the Galaxy Note # 2. And being that Sprint is (according to the article) first in line for the SG3 here in the states, it makes me wonder if Sprint jumped the gun about the Note and went for the 2nd generation instead. That would be awesome.

TS

• Like 1

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/18/2958717/galaxy-s-ii-successor-s-iii-quad-core

More quad core rumors, but this one makes it sound like we may not see the quad core in the states as it specifies that the "global" version will have the quad core. In order to support LTE, Samsung may have to slap something else in for Sprint. I wouldn't worry too much though as the exynos was said to be LTE capable. We'll find out in a couple weeks for sure.

I really hope Samsung puts a curve on the GS3 like they did the nexus!

the aesthetics of the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S are top notch!

If it wasn't for the S3 coming out-

I'd own a Nexus !

Samsung always has that nice feel to every device!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2