Jelly Bean for our HTC EVO 4G LTE??

kckid

Not sure if anybody looked at this image in the android central thread

46279d1352902517t-its-coming-jelly-bean-uploadfromtaptalk1352902515967.jpg

Under Fixes/Enhancements --- Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich ..... ummm?? ok?

I think that the (admittedly hopeful) assumption is that it's a typo. I lend a little credence to this assumption due to the fact that there's an Android full of jelly beans poking out behind the EVO and that there was another screencap which actually said "Jelly Bean."

I'm also hoping that there is a hidden message here: the Android's organs seem to be made of jelly beans, so the fact that they're all over the place means that it's "spilling its guts."

• Like 1

My guess is that whoever put together the info sheet copy & pasted the ICS specs from another device's update page, instead of copying the JB specs from the S3 page, since the Evo shipped with ICS.

I would go with the S3 over the EVO even if the fix for the LTE comes out. The S3 just does a better job on holding and pulling data, even EVDO where the EVO fails on the Sprint signal.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

Started checking for a firmware update a bit ago, and it was telling me there were no updates available. About 15 minutes ago I can no longer check for any updates as I get an error 1233,

Who knows - maybe they're prepping for the new update....

• Like 1

Started checking for a firmware update a bit ago, and it was telling me there were no updates available. About 15 minutes ago I can no longer check for any updates as I get an error 1233,

Who knows - maybe they're prepping for the new update....

Good catch! I had just checked awhile ago and got no update available. Now I'm getting the same 1233 error.

or maybe too many people querying the server? :-)

I'm getting no update available...

I also got the "no update available" a time or two, then it went back to 1233s. Could just be that we peeps are overloading their network checking for updates =p

They are only letting 25,000 people per day (for the first 4 days), get the update so... if you get "no update" that means they have meet their threshhold.

Edited by Exzir

nathy321 user-online.pngunknown.gif

Posts 127 Posts Join Date Joined Apr 2010 Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts Liked 8 Liked Posts

icon1.png Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

FROM ANDROIDCENTRAL FORUMS...:

I just got off the phone with sprint. I didn't mention reading anything about an update but I did ask her if she knew if there were any updates coming out for my phone since I've been having a few issues with it. She checked in her system and she confirm everything that's on the picture in this thread. She said we would be getting and update to fix WiFi issues and ringtone issues etc and that we would be upgraded to ice cream sandwich smh lol which I am assuming it was a typo. She said the update would start today until the 27th. Now like I said I didn't mention to her anything about what I read in this forum which leads me to believe we should be getting an update today.

??.. Everybody seems anxious about the update.... More confirmation that something is coming today???

Edited by puch96