Jelly Bean for our HTC EVO 4G LTE??

kckid

I think the big thing that facilitated the flip flop in updates between the 2 companies is related to who was/is working on a Nexus device at the time. When HTC was rocking out the updates they were just finishing up work on the Nexus One. They had access to the code long before any other OEM. Samsung has worked on the last 2 Nexus phones and we have seen the speed of updates increase because of it. Look how fast Asus got updates to their tablets rolled out. Think working on the Nexus 7 had anything to do with that? Samsung is posting updates to all of the SG3 phones currently. Think having access to the code while working on the Nexus 10 has anything to do with that? Just my theory on the role reversal of the 2 companies regarding OS updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I think the JB update for the evo is arriving sooner than we all think. I would even venture to say within the next two weeks, this of course helps me sleep better at night so thats what I will keep telling myself in the mean time. Hopefully the lte issue will get fixed right along with the JB update.

• Like 3

I think the JB update for the evo is arriving sooner than we all think. I would even venture to say within the next two weeks, this of course helps me sleep better at night so thats what I will keep telling myself in the mean time. Hopefully the lte issue will get fixed right along with the JB update.

I wonder if you know something that we don't know.....

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this is true or not, but there has been speculation that Jelly Bean is comming soon.

However, the screenshots shown has conflicting information.

Anybody knows if update 3.15.651.11 is comming and what it consists of???

http://forums.androi...jelly-bean.html

Maybe the OG EVO 4G???

Edited by puch96

Jelly needs 512 in ram. So the evo og should be out of this category.

mobile with Evo Lte

That's true. Then maybe EVO 4G LTE will see some Jelly Bean action tomorrow... ?? .... ;)

Don't know if this is true or not, but there has been speculation that Jelly Bean is comming soon.

However, the screenshots shown has conflicting information.

Anybody knows if update 3.15.651.11 is comming and what it consists of???

http://forums.androi...jelly-bean.html

Maybe the OG EVO 4G???

If this does come out tomorrow then it looks like my prediction from a few weeks ago nailed it. Interesting, very interesting.

If this does come out tomorrow then it looks like my prediction from a few weeks ago nailed it. Interesting, very interesting.

Yes. Very interesting indeed..! If it does come out tomorrow, I woun't mind getting the winning lottery numbers as well.!!! :lol:

On that press release it doesn't say. What is misleading is you see the jelly bean behind the Evo. I think it's just the normal update :angry:

mobile with Evo Lte

Looking at the first picture on the top it mentions the update firmware number and also jelly bean 4.1.1 operating system...

...I guess we will all be waiting to see what happens tomorrow. But if we get JB, I am a happy camper!. (well, any updates are always welcomed)...

• Like 1

Yes. Very interesting indeed..! If it does come out tomorrow, I woun't mind getting the winning lottery numbers as well.!!! :lol:

Well I did have a little help from someone I was corresponding with but I am not the type of person to post hearsay because that always causes a thread to head south quickly not to mention that I am very sceptical by nature and take everything with a grain of salt, but if it does come out tomorrow then this person will be 2-0 so far.

• Like 3

I have been it contact with HTC tech support via e-mail over the last couple of days regarding LTE connection issues.

The last e-mail I got was last night and she told me that the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.

She told me the update would be very soon but did not specify when.

I was considering posting that info last night but decided not to, because the thread on connection issues got heated and was temporarilly closed by Mods.

So I hope all this is true and we will all be happy campers tomorrow.

I have been it contact with HTC tech support via e-mail over the last couple of days regarding LTE connection issues.

The last e-mail I got was last night and she told that the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.

I was considering posting that info last night but decided not to, because the thread on connection issues got heated and was temporarilly closed by Mods.

So I hope all this is ture and we will all be happy campers tomorrow.

Yes. Also, the update states (Sprint Connections Optimizer), so maybe it will have something to do with improved LTE scanning, etc..

Yes. Also, the update states (Sprint Connections Optimizer), so maybe it will have something to do with improved LTE scanning, etc..

If all of this indeed turns out to be the case, I will be in the nearest Sprint store before you can spell LTE. I've been sitting on an upgrade for quite awhile, waiting it out to make sure there is a fix available before being locked into a two year obligation with a faulty device.

However, during this wait the Optimus G has caught my eye. I know the Lg is quad core, 2gb ram, zero gap, and a few more goodies, but I do love me some HTC. Also, if the above update rumors are true, the evo will now be on Jelly Bean and the Lg waiting still. We know their history, but Lg could turn it around, ala Samsung. With the Nexus program and the Optimus G, Lg has the potential to break into the Android big boy ranks (Samsung, Motorola, HTC) maybe even take HTC's spot.

So bottom line crew, what would you do, take a chance on a Jelly Bean packing rejuvinated Evo 4g lte, an unproven ICS spec'd out LGOG beast, or wait it out again on a potential Q1 2013 4th generation Evo? How say ye?

If all of this indeed turns out to be the case, I will be in the nearest Sprint store before you can spell LTE. I've been sitting on an upgrade for quite awhile, waiting it out to make sure there is a fix available before being locked into a two year obligation with a faulty device.

However, during this wait the Optimus G has caught my eye. I know the Lg is quad core, 2gb ram, zero gap, and a few more goodies, but I do love me some HTC. Also, if the above update rumors are true, the evo will now be on Jelly Bean and the Lg waiting still. We know their history, but Lg could turn it around, ala Samsung. With the Nexus program and the Optimus G, Lg has the potential to break into the Android big boy ranks (Samsung, Motorola, HTC) maybe even take HTC's spot.

So bottom line crew, what would you do, take a chance on a Jelly Bean packing rejuvinated Evo 4g lte, an unproven ICS spec'd out LGOG beast, or wait it out again on a potential Q1 2013 4th generation Evo? How say ye?

Well, It's hard for me to tell you which phone to go with. I do not have experience with LG. I had the OG EVO and I loved it (granted that I never saw Wimax), but in any case, I thought it was a good phone. Then when the EVO 4G LTE came out, I was at the Sprint store the same day it came out...!!!.. And since that day, I love it. I know that the phone has it's hickups here and there, but for me it is a very solid performer. I am speculating that the EVO will improve it's performance significantly with JB on board as it has been seen in the One X that was resently updated to JB. IF you like the HTC Sense interface, (which I became used to), then HTC is your answer....

...as for Q1 2013, we will probably see faster, better resolution cameras, etc etc etc... it's just the nature of technology. You get your latest phone today, next week is not so latest anymore....

The last e-mail I got was last night and she told me that the next update would include a fix for the LTE connection issues.

So I hope all this is true and we will all be happy campers tomorrow.

I just received another e-mail from HTC suggesting that I manually check for software updates.

I did check but nothing available right now.

My question is... are they hinting that an update will be available soon??

Maybe.. its tomorrow

Not sure if anybody looked at this image in the android central thread

46279d1352902517t-its-coming-jelly-bean-uploadfromtaptalk1352902515967.jpg

Under Fixes/Enhancements --- Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich ..... ummm?? ok?

I saw that.... makes questionable to me.... or a huge typo on HTC's part. I guess we'll see.