Jelly Bean for our HTC EVO 4G LTE??

kckid

Will you upgrade to Jelly Bean when it becomes available for the EVO LTE? I'm up in the air since it will not support flash.

Flash suppourt is already fragile with ICS so i really have to issues with upgrading to jellybean.

Don't worry about it guys as there are Flash APK files which you can install and with a browser that supports flash on the market you'll be back to viewing flash on Jelly Bean in no time. Also Flash works great on my EVO LTE stock with ICS. I leave it set to OnDemand (Options) so I don't have annoying flash ads and so I only waste bandwidth when needed.

Flash? What's that? Lol, I haven't had flash installed for a long time and don't miss it at all. The faster everyone accepts that mobile flash is dead, the sooner websites will update to HTML5.

And seeing how Sprint takes forever to test things before releasing, I don't see Jelly Bean being available for awhile. By the time they do send out the update, flash will be a thing of the past LOL.

Flash? What's that? Lol' date=' I haven't had flash installed for a long time and don't miss it at all. The faster everyone accepts that mobile flash is dead, the sooner websites will update to HTML5.[/quote']

Unfortunately, my pastor broadcasts live on the internet using flash. I keep telling the ministries'office manager she needs to change that so iPhone users can watch too, but nobody seems to listen to me.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Unfortunately' date=' my pastor broadcasts live on the internet using flash. I keep telling the ministries'office manager she needs to change that so iPhone users can watch too, but nobody seems to listen to me.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner[/quote']

Every church I have been a member of is about 5-10 years behind the times. I can't say that I would probably ever watch a sermon on a phone though.

Every church I have been a member of is about 5-10 years behind the times. I can't say that I would probably ever watch a sermon on a phone though.

Religious organizations out of step with ever evolving reality???

No. Never. Blasphemy.

AJ

• Like 6

I was at a church recently doing some work with a friend and they had some computers in the office with Windows98. I was looking for the AOL floppies in the drawer.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

Religious organizations out of step with ever evolving reality???

No. Never. Blasphemy.

AJ

Ugh! Seriously? On a cell phone/carrier Site? Good grief.

-posted using my Galaxy S III

Ugh! Seriously? On a cell phone/carrier Site? Good grief.

I was responding -- largely in jest, mind you -- to two previous posts on the lack of adaptability of religious organizations. If you cannot deal with that, then this might not be the place for you, especially after only four posts in three months.

Good grief, indeed.

AJ

To all...

I write my posts to be insightful, funny, and/or provocative. If they grant you new insight, make you laugh, provoke thought, or all of the above, then they have served their purpose. But I do not write my posts to be outright offensive. If you think one of my posts offensive, state your case. I will listen and take your comments into consideration. But, equivocally, you may have to consider that your offense is over your "sacred cow."

AJ

They also use 4-5 year old Macs running Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6, while I'll be upgrading to Mountain Lion tonight, lol. The place we use to broadcast on the internet has compatibility for html 5, so hopefully soon.

And when I'm late getting to church in LA, it's great to start watching ahead of time.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Recently encountered a system still in production that had a turbo button.

I hope that it had the all important turbo "bump" that I know served a crucial purpose on my turbocharged first car.

4zw4ty.jpg

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Car went so fast the airflow rubbed the paint off...

I will say I am impressed with the broadcasting church. Many of them I have been to around here are stuck in the ice age on tech.

No, I am not a church person..never been my thing. Just been on other days for other work.

Car went so fast the airflow rubbed the paint off...

I will say I am impressed with the broadcasting church. Many of them I have been to around here are stuck in the ice age on tech.

No, I am not a church person..never been my thing. Just been on other days for other work.

My pastor was even on The Word Network for a little while, but broadcasting on that channel ain't cheap. But my church has been on the internet since 2006-2007. I'm hoping that they get switched over to something other than Adobe Flash whether I have an iPhone or an Android phone running Jelly Bean so that when I am riding down the road I can have the service live.

There will be ways to get flash on jelly bean...I wouldn't worry about it.

For me that won't be a problem. It's my iPhone using roommates, lol.

I will actually update to Jelly Bean. Seeing as how it will support html5, I really see no use for flash. I barely use it on my phone anyways, and when I do use it, it's like a dinosaur. It's not streamlined enough, and it honestly feels like it makes webpages feel heavy.

-Luis

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't missed Flash since I moved on up to CM10.

And let me tell you, CM10 is a dream compared to stock ICS. This phone turned from "yeah I guess it's decent" to a powerhouse by switching to something AOSP-based with Jelly Bean.

Sure, it has its bugs, but that's what happens when it's not official.

• Like 1