eHRPD Sightings

• 2 weeks later...

Got eHRPD:13 in Honolulu last night.

PRL: 25009

Just got my GS3 December 5... 3 days later system updated

to jellybean 4.1.

Data speed was sporadic with EVDO-A.

Would be no signal roaming, then later 3G next.

Very slow about 80-150 at most.

Then finally eHRPD, speed is now about 1285 down, 200 up.

Ran test again, 1600 down, 240 up --ping is 160ms.

Can't wait for LTE !

Edited by zippy
  • Like 1

Got eHRPD:13 in Honolulu last night.

PRL: 25009

Just got my GS3 December 5... 3 days later system updated

to jellybean 4.1.

Data speed was sporadic with EVDO-A.

Would be no signal roaming, then later 3G next.

Very slow about 80-150 at most.

Then finally eHRPD, speed is now about 1285 down, 200 up.

Ran test again, 1600 down, 240 up --ping is 160ms.

Can't wait for LTE !

I think there was a new PRL release a day ago, PRL 25010. From my studies, it seems to allow more 3G roaming. A side note: Sprint does not actually have "True unlimited 3G roaming". In some instances, sprint will give you a 300 MB cap on data used over another carriers` network. What they mean is that roaming data is unlimited over another carriers 1x network. The only time when this does not apply is when you are roaming off of a nextel network(3G)

Not sure where you've been studying but there is all kinds of wrong with that info...

The new PRL does not enable more 3G roaming. 3G roaming on that PRL is slim to none anyways as it isn't a corporate 3G roaming PRL.

Sprint does not in some instances give you 300mb. Sprint's TOS gives you 300mb of roaming data period. You do not have unlimited 1X data roaming.

You aren't going to roam on Nextel's network at all, nor is it 3G. Our phones don't even have iDen in them to use Nextel. And even if they did you wouldn't be roaming on it since it is Sprint's anyways. But here nor there, it's going away anyways.

• Like 4

Getting eHRPD in Orlando and Kissimmee, Fl

Signal @ -80dBm 8 asu

eHRPD:13

GS 3

PRL 25010

Seen eHRPD from 32819 Orlando - 34741/34744 Kissimmee and all alond Fl Tpike from Exit 259 to 244...

@l3x

• Like 1

Getting eHRPD in Orlando and Kissimmee, Fl

Signal @ -80dBm 8 asu

eHRPD:13

GS 3

PRL 25010

Seen eHRPD from 32819 Orlando - 34741/34744 Kissimmee and all alond Fl Tpike from Exit 259 to 244...

@l3x

Your area will be deployed with eHRPD in wide groups, so most likely, you will see it everywhere within a short time

I have a few friends at work with Galaxy S3s. Both of them are have the same PRL, same software 4.1.1 but only one of them will connect to eHRPD. Ive powercycled\toggled airplane mode but one of them is always connected to EVDO. Is there a technical reason for this or just something wrong with the phone?

I would say something is wrong with the phone if you checked all settings. Including the mobile networks setting to enable LTE.

Factory reset and total re provision would probably fix it.

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 1

Having one phone that does connect to eHRPD, and one that does not is a new thing to me. I would be definetely stumped if i had that problem. Hardware issues more than likely if factory reset does not fix the issue.

I have a few friends at work with Galaxy S3s. Both of them are have the same PRL, same software 4.1.1 but only one of them will connect to eHRPD. Ive powercycled\toggled airplane mode but one of them is always connected to EVDO. Is there a technical reason for this or just something wrong with the phone?

Let's start with the basics... Is that phone set to CDMA Only?

If LTE is not allowed in the settings, eHRPD will not function.

• Like 1

Not sure how to on the iPhone. But it really isn't a upgrade. Just new software pushed to the tower with different routing on the backend. Nothing physically different at the site at all.

Let's start with the basics... Is that phone set to CDMA Only?

If LTE is not allowed in the settings, eHRPD will not function.

oops! That was it. I did not realize he had set it to CDMA only. Working now. Thank you!

Not sure how to on the iPhone. But it really isn't a upgrade. Just new software pushed to the tower with different routing on the backend. Nothing physically different at the site at all.

Yeah really there won't be a noticeable difference to an end user. It just routes all of your data traffic through the 4G Core instead of the 3G switch. It allows you to maintain a single IP address when switching between 3G and 4G, so your data session doesn't get interrupted (for example while trying to order something online while moving, if your IP address changes many sites will flag it as a possible fraudulent transaction since they will view it as multiple people connecting with the same account). It also allows downloads to seamlessly continue while switching connections. Ever start to download an app of WiFi at home and transition to the Macro 3G network? Chances are it will stop downloading and there is a good chance it will fail to re-establish the connection to continue.

oops! That was it. I did not realize he had set it to CDMA only. Working now. Thank you!

Wow, i wonder if these settings differ by phone? The CDMA/4G setting was giving me pretty bad battery life on my Photon Q, so i switched to CDMA, and i have eHRPD all the time...

Not sure if I overlooked this question being asked, but I have a rooted EVO LTE that's showing eHRPD, meanwhile my wife's stock (for now) G-Note 2 shows EVDO REV-A. I know someone else in the area with an EVO who's on eHRPD as well. My question is out of curiosity , whether this has to do with differences in radios or what would cause this

Both are set on CDMA /LTE

• 1 month later...

I'm no longer connected to eHRPD in the Albuquerque area. I checked numerous other Sprint phones and none of them were connected either.

I kept getting VSNCP Error 3:No P-GW Available which prompted me to check my network state. It's probably a separate issue but I just started getting that error this morning.

Mobile network type EvDo-rev.A:8

I've been a longtime lurker of the site. Just thought I'd post about it to see if anyone else was seeing the same thing.

I'm no longer connected to eHRPD in the Albuquerque area. I checked numerous other Sprint phones and none of them were connected either.

I kept getting VSNCP Error 3:No P-GW Available which prompted me to check my network state. It's probably a separate issue but I just started getting that error this morning.

I've been a longtime lurker of the site. Just thought I'd post about it to see if anyone else was seeing the same thing.

Do you have a Photon LTE? There is a known issue with the device registering the Sprint account. Contact support and they can assist.

eHPRD and EvDo bounce back and forth all the time even where LTE is deployed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner

Do you have a Photon LTE? There is a known issue with the device registering the Sprint account. Contact support and they can assist.

eHPRD and EvDo bounce back and forth all the time even where LTE is deployed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forum Runner