Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Didnt see any more towers added in the tucson area and its showing a few towers in progress down in yuma so i thought thats where they are doing the work atm.

Well they are working here but I do believe it's simultaneously with Tucson and Phoenix.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What does that mean?

IBEZ - international boundary exclusion zone. Areas which are 100KM from the Mexican or Canadian borders where SMR 800 cannot be deployed pending negotiations for their usage in those areas.

Robert explains it on several posts here..

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2445-network-visionlte-orange-county-market-anaheimsanta-anairvinehuntington-beach/page__st__360

International Boundary Exclusion Zone. It's the area along the Mexican and Canadian border where Sprint cannot deploy 800MHz wideband operations until a compromise can be reached and implemented.

Both CDMA and LTE are considered wideband operations. iDEN had very narrow channels and was coveted under the previous compromise that is in place now.

There will not be any IBEZ wideband 800 until 2014 at the earliest.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Tuscon is part of the IBEZ.

That's a pretty big mess... unless something can get resolved. Knowing how slow governments move, who knows what will happen.

IBEZ - international boundary exclusion zone. Areas which are 100KM from the Mexican or Canadian borders where SMR 800 cannot be deployed pending negotiations for their usage in those areas.

Robert explains it on several posts here..

http://s4gru.com/ind...h/page__st__360

Well Tucson is about 116 kilometers from the border so i hope we don't get screwed over some more. There is no list of areas that fall under this?

Well Tucson is about 116 kilometers from the border so i hope we don't get screwed over some more. There is no list of areas that fall under this?

Parts of tuscon appear to be within that boundary especially the south and southeast part of the city along the highway. It's very close but cannot be verified since info is missing from that particular area.

I'm going to guess that some sites are going to be affected. As far as each site? That has to be verified with Sprint.

At least Nextel Mexico is transitioning to WCDMA which will make this less of an issue over time. The people in Canadian areas... I feel for because Canada still uses SMR for public safety and Telus has no need nor no desire to shut down Mike, their IDEN service.

Parts of tuscon appear to be within that boundary especially the south and southeast part of the city along the highway. It's very close but cannot be verified since info is missing from that particular area.

Well i hope they upgrade the northern towers because the 116 km i came up with was mid town and im in the far north of town. Maybe that will be the trade off, we never got wimax up here so southern Tucson can deal with no 800.

Who is Brian Klug and why should we care?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm asking Tuscon people if it's really that bad. Brian Klug is a writer for Anandtech. He does some of the best write-ups in the industry on mobile devices. So I don't get the hate...

I'm asking Tuscon people if it's really that bad. Brian Klug is a writer for Anandtech. He does some of the best write-ups in the industry on mobile devices. So I don't get the hate...

That's what I get for jumping in the middle of a conversation I know nothing about.

I just saw a twitter complaint and thought it must have been just some local celeb shooting his mouth off.

Sorry about that.

That's what I get for jumping in the middle of a conversation I know nothing about.

I just saw a twitter complaint and thought it must have been just some local celeb shooting his mouth off.

Sorry about that.

No problem.

He does some of the best write-ups for Anandtech. However, I've seen him completely miss important information before, and when he talks about Sprint it's obvious he hasn't done any research on the future plans, and acts like any other ignorant customer who complains but doesn't do anything proactive about it (like educating himself despite the knowledge and experience to do so more than adequately).

But, maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

i just went to check sprints coverage maps and it displays the following

We're sorry

We are enhancing this section of our site and it is temporarily unavailable. We'll have the site back to you as soon as possible.

Shopping for a new phone? You can call us at 866-866-7509 (7 a.m. - 1 a.m. EST)

You can also visit a Sprint store to pay your bill, activate a phone or get personalized help.

this mean anything for new 4g sites? or is it just routine maintenance?