Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Received some sad news today from an executive rep at Sprint for Yuma. No updates or upgrades are scheduled until 2017.. That's a bummer

Thanks for the bad news...... That might influence my future with Sprint.......

Sprint was doing so good, abet slowly.

Lateck,

Received some sad news today from an executive rep at Sprint for Yuma. No updates or upgrades are scheduled until 2017.. That's a bummer

I doubt that, sprint is going crazy with 8t8r and upgrading a lot of areas in arizona already. I don't believe the 2017 date, Yuma is getting hit hard with slows speeds. That is why I doubt it, sprint is going crazy with heavy/overloaded sites with upgrades.

• Like 1

That seems highly improbable. At least B26 will be coming this year. With B41 likely following on any high capacity sites.

More update on Yuma Rebanding. Again, this is from our IT Dept.

Services Impacted:

The YRCS / ITS – Radio division will be replacing existing 800 MHz Radio Frequency (RF)  site equipment with new 700 MHz equipment at the San Luis Tower Site as per our Re-banding agreement with Sprint/Nextel and the FCC.  The Public Safety portable radio voice communications in the City of San Luis and the South Western part of Yuma County will be affected. Users will encounter communication problems starting at 6:30 AM – 8:30 AM, Thursday April 9, 2015.  Please make sure to use your mobile radios in the areas affected to support your operational needs, while the YRCS RF replacement is completed.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

2 Years? Damn.. Will 2500 be about the same time frame?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

nope it's next year. 1x800 sometime late this year. 3x3 lte 800 sometime next year as Mexico finishes up rebanding.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Little update on Yuma area, 

Spoke to two Alcatel workers in the new tower that is being built over by Somerton Ave and Co.11 1/2. they said the last two towers within the Yuma South Yuma county will be LTE very soon. They have the panels installed and they were working on the ground boxes. 

They didn't have any info on 800 or 41. Funny thing though, when I asked them about 800, the tech thought he was turning 800 ON on that tower, then looked up and saw that there was no equipment for it on the top..  

• Like 1

Little update on Yuma area, 

Spoke to two Alcatel workers in the new tower that is being built over by Somerton Ave and Co.11 1/2. they said the last two towers within the Yuma South Yuma county will be LTE very soon. They have the panels installed and they were working on the ground boxes. 

They didn't have any info on 800 or 41. Funny thing though, when I asked them about 800, the tech thought he was turning 800 ON on that tower, then looked up and saw that there was no equipment for it on the top..  

:goodpost:

Thanks for the update from the field.  Great info.  It goes to show you that often field techs and tower hands info has to be taken with a grain of salt.  The level of ignorance from some of them is astounding.  Many are just trained to do certain functions and have no interest in learning what they are actually doing.  

However, they can often have really good info, if you know how to lead them to where you want them to go.  That sounds like what you did there.  Good job.  Occasionally, we will come across one who fully understands it all and then it is like finding a gold mine!  But some of these don't want to talk.

• Like 1

Hypeo, thanks for the south county up-date.

Any word on east or north county? Say, YPG?

Lateck,

"Soon" LOL..

No news on anything upgrades dot South or East Yuma Co.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

FYI, The tower on Somerton Ave and Co. 11 1/2 where i was talking to the Alcatel Tech has been turned on since yesterday and it is now reflected on Network.Sprint.com.  I'm thinking the one over by Gadsden will be fired up soon, the tech said they were built at the same time. 

• Like 2

FYI, The tower on Somerton Ave and Co. 11 1/2 where i was talking to the Alcatel Tech has been turned on since yesterday and it is now reflected on Network.Sprint.com. I'm thinking the one over by Gadsden will be fired up soon, the tech said they were built at the same time.

Yes, it was accepted. It will also appear on our next map update. :tu:

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Band 41 is coming up in Yuma. Just not on Sprint. I rolled thru there last week and Beamspeed looks to be turning up there and they have 7 of the 8 Ebs/brs licenses. Sprint only has the 2 small BRS licenses and the B Block. Sprint will need to make a deal with them.

Band 26 doesn't look good either from Tijuina to El Paso. Word is that Sprint was trying to get the Mexican carriers moved but low balled them. There is no official Mexican rebranding.

Band 41 is coming up in Yuma. Just not on Sprint. I rolled thru there last week and Beamspeed looks to be turning up there and they have 7 of the 8 Ebs/brs licenses. Sprint only has the 2 small BRS licenses and the B Block. Sprint will need to make a deal with them.

Band 26 doesn't look good either from Tijuina to El Paso. Word is that Sprint was trying to get the Mexican carriers moved but low balled them. There is no official Mexican rebranding.

Sprint is licensed in Yuma County (according to FCC ULS), BRS1, BRS 2, E1,E2,E3,E4,F1, F2, F3, F4, H1,H2,H3 for a total of 73.5 MHz [2496-2502, 2602-2614, 2618-2673.5] so your statement regarding them having to make a deal with beamspeed to deploy Band 41 is incorrect.

Source(s) needed on "low balled" offer and "no official Mexican rebanding" needed. 

Sprint is licensed in Yuma County (according to FCC ULS), BRS1, BRS 2, E1,E2,E3,E4,F1, F2, F3, F4, H1,H2,H3 for a total of 73.5 MHz [

2496-2502,

2602-2614,

2618-2673.5] so your statement regarding them having to make a deal with beamspeed to deploy Band 41 is incorrect.

Source(s) needed on "low balled" offer and "no official Mexican rebanding" needed.

Please look at the FCC ULS again. You will see that Sprint has all of EFGH outside the protected P35 licences that they don't hold. So other than service for population in Dateland and north of YPG, Sprint has BRS1/2 and B, yielding a whopping 16.5 mhz contiguous plus Brs1 brs2 and b4.

Call Troncatel in Mexicali. They will tell all about band 26 and Sprint

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

if you read one of my previous post in this same thread, I did mention that a business buddy of mine, is friends with the owner of Beamspeed and he did mention that he owns most of the licenses back then before we knew it was band 41, he called it LTE. Well Sprint deployed LTE on the 1900 so we do have LTE there.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just in the i8 to i10 corridor the last 10 days. In Yuma I picked upto 80mhz of b41 on 312790 which is Beamspeed. Coverage from the California border to Mohawk Pass. Yuma seems to have 2 carriers per site centered around 2660 and 2630, but 2 different ones near the mountain pass at 2600 and 2640. East of wellton just 2660. I think there are 9 sites or so on that corridor. I didn't have time to run south to the border. I also saw a bunch of wimax.

In Casa Grande I picked up 3x20mhz and 1x5mhz. Showed as 001-010. That's a testing code. In Tucson just 5 or 6mhz on BRS1 and 2. Not lte, probably wimax. Nothing else really to report.

No b41 in El Centro either. No 5x5 band 26 either. Lots of iDEN sized carriers in all of those places as well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is a quote from an email conversation with Sprint Customer Advocacy Team for the Yuma area.

"What I was informed was, your area (Yuma, AZ) is heavily loaded/capacity constrained and is in need of a permanent NGN (Next Generation Networking) solution. The Local RF team has already proposed a NGN solution but they have to get it through the funding process (not an easy task). Since there are a lot of moving parts, we don’t feel comfortable sharing an ETA for this project. However, as the NGN proposal goes through the funding process, the local teams also escalated the funding for a 2nd LTE carrier to be deployed to all the applicable sites in the area (including PH12AL015). This 2nd LTE carrier upgrade is tentatively scheduled for some time in April 2016  and should help provide capacity relief to the area."

I guess we won't see much movement down here for now..

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Yuma and El Centro Drive thru - made the San Diego to Phoenix drive last week and picked up some new signals. Sprint has a 20mhz carrier up in El Centro covering brs2 e1,e2,e3. I picked up 4 difference enode ids along the interstate. In Yuma I picked up a 15mhz block on b1 b2 b3 in 3 sites and also in Somerton.