Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

In the center of town and out to the college. 16th st to 24th st.east of 4th ave.

Lateck,

That whole area is really bad. There is a sector on the tower over by Riley Avenue and 17th Street that is bad or just plain overloaded and Sprint can't see.

This is me at 24th Street and Arizona Ave..

e5aperuz.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hypeo,

Yes, service still sucks in most of Yuma.

But it is better then 3G. (When 4G is working).

Lateck,

You must be in a good side of town for 4G. I work in "Okie Town" side and all this area has good 4G signal but very slow data speeds. Its at a halt during peak hours.. Sad thing is, Sprint can't see it. they keep saying that the tower is reporting average speeds of 5 to 8 Mbps. I proved them wrong when I talked to Ticket support guy reading engineering numbers and data speed test. After a couple of days of "investigating" the issue, they came to the conclusion that what we got out of that sector was normal..   Bummer.. 

Hypeo you are very correct.

I'm just saying that there is an improvement now then say 2 years ago..... With no 4G.

When 4G was first rolling out the data was much faster then it is currently.

I'm out at AWC a lot and Sprint's 4G is faster then the "Campus Wi-Fi" in most areas ( this is my un-scientific thoughts).

Now the other company that starts with a V, is still light years faster.......

So, I guess we will have to wait till the next decade for the tri-band "Spark"??? to have "fast" LTE.

Lateck,

ALU is finally making a 2.5 push in the West. Local permits will likely appear soon. Keep an eye out.

Robert

I will ask my contact at planning and zoning to see if they have pulled any permits

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have you guys noticed around Yuma a significant increase in your 3G speeds???? I'm getting above 1Mbs all over town..  4G still not up there but if you place your phone on CDMA only, you get some great speeds..   Over where I live I'm getting above 2Mbs..

Have you guys noticed around Yuma a significant increase in your 3G speeds???? I'm getting above 1Mbs all over town..  4G still not up there but if you place your phone on CDMA only, you get some great speeds..   Over where I live I'm getting above 2Mbs..

I don't do many speed tests as I get depressed with the results. But I'll try.

Lateck,

I just saw a crew working on the tower over by 32nd Street and Ave A. I have a feeling we are going to smell B41 soon

That's if your phone has B41......

How many Sprint phones work on that band yet? And what about the rest of Yuma?

Lateck,

That's if your phone has B41......

How many Sprint phones work on that band yet? And what about the rest of Yuma?

Lateck,

Many people have the spark compatible phones now and I'm sure the crews will not upgrade one tower and not the rest. I'll keep an eye out to see what kind of work they are doing. So far all they have done form my vantage point is run wire up to the top and put up brackets.

Hypeo you are partly right. I have a year old Note 3 and a two year old N2. Neither are "Tri-band". Not even sure if the N4 will be.......

So how many phones are really ready around here?

But I do hope your right. But I would be happy with wider coverage (say San Luis or YPG) and better 4G speeds.

Lateck,

Hypeo;

I have done a number of Speedtests around my area of travel (in Yuma proper and out to AWC) and the best Download speed I got was 0.83 Mbps.... Upload was normally a lot faster at 3.75 Mbps. So, you are right were not getting good data.... (As if your wrong, :-) )

Also, what current high end Sprint phones use band 41? (The new iPhones, I have read).

Lateck,

Hypeo;

I have done a number of Speedtests around my area of travel (in Yuma proper and out to AWC) and the best Download speed I got was 0.83 Mbps.... Upload was normally a lot faster at 3.75 Mbps. So, you are right were not getting good data.... (As if your wrong, :-) )

Also, what current high end Sprint phones use band 41? (The new iPhones, I have read).

Lateck,

HTC M8, Galaxy S5, some GS4-T, Nexus 5, iPhone 6's, that's what I can remember off the top of my head