Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

I just swung by a site close to my house, I saw a truck delivering 3 big realz of cable. Hopefully it's sprint contractors working there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I was able to get a little closer at another site . What I found made my day. See for yourself..

e4uma9yh.jpg

muqave3u.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Very very VERY exciting! Where is this if you dont mind me asking

City Building permits were accepted for site PH12AL015

Also, workers were at this site PH12AL018 Located at Ave B and 20. Very close to my casa.. Oh yeah. I'll swing by tomorrow to see what went on and if any equipment is there.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

What do the 3G upgrades even do? That's all I'm seing in Tucson. Bring out the 4G already! I'm so sick of 3g...

You're in an AlcaLu market. AL brings up the 3G upgrades first. It's the way they handle most markets. Likely only 3G upgrades accepted the first 2-4 months. And then the LTE side of the accepted sites will start going online.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Ok, so I went on a little recon mission around town and found a few more sites that are going to be upgraded to LTE. No equipment found but a sign from the contractor and dates on it. I will upload the pics in a little while. The sign includes the Site ID and dates of upgrades.

These are all Yuma sites..

eseqy7yp.jpg

utevu6uz.jpg

ypaguguz.jpg

• Like 3

Ok, so I went on a little recon mission around town and found a few more sites that are going to be upgraded to LTE. No equipment found but a sign from the contractor and dates on it. I will upload the pics in a little while. The sign includes the Site ID and dates of upgrades.

These are all Yuma sites..

eseqy7yp.jpg

utevu6uz.jpg

ypaguguz.jpg

so for instance 6/20/2013 means that by that date 4g will be finished (NV)?

Tucson is being deployed right now too. S4GRU Sponsors have access to maps that show sites that are being upgraded, and which one are even partially accepted.

• Like 2

Is an open ticket one tower each? and if so is 6 towers pretty good for Tucson?

Once again I dont have access to sponsor maps, but on Sprint's website I counted 48 towers in tucson/catalina foothills. This is a great start however from my understanding its not a ubiquitous fix. Atleast not yet :tu:

Edited by CaveCam

1st) @newgroundsguru...

Sponsor Content. Content posted by S4GRU (including data and maps) in Sponsor and Premier Sponsor sections are not for distribution or to be posted outside of Sponsor and Premier Sponsor forums. Exceptions to this are only to be given by the S4GRU Administrator and permission must be received in writing. S4GRU is dependent on donations to keep the site active. Violating these rules may cause S4GRU to not be able to raise the funds necessary to keep online. When violaters are discovered, their S4GRU accounts will be terminated and no refunds given.

aka cell site ID which is sponsor info unless otherwise proven.

2) All this talk about looking up at sprints website about upgrades is irrelevancy and plain idiotic. It's been repeated again and again that the updates shown on Sprints site is the sum of all maintenance work done by Sprint or its contractors either for legacy maintenance (bandaid fixes) or network vision. No one will or can be able to identify what is legacy bandaid fixes or what is network vision work from it so using that as a source is a no go. Only s4gru sponsors can reliably see what is going on with network vision upgrades and where they're taking place.

3) Here are some general knowledge stuff people should read about to understand what is being talked about here.

FAQ

http://s4gru.com/ind...sked-questions/

Sponsor Info

http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Rules

http://s4gru.com/ind...-aka-the-rulez/

Call me an idiot if you'd like but if possible can anyone tell me a guesstimation of when one believes Tucson could go live with LTE? I know they're on the beginning stages which according to this site is 0%, just makes me wonder how long it'll take. Thanks

Call me an idiot if you'd like but if possible can anyone tell me a guesstimation of when one believes Tucson could go live with LTE? I know they're on the beginning stages which according to this site is 0%, just makes me wonder how long it'll take. Thanks

Alcatel Lucent is the vendor for this market. Based on AL deployment in other markets, I would guess that LTE will start going live in 6-8 weeks. First it will be one or two sites. Then each week another 2-5 sites will go live. It will probably take 3-6 months to have complete coverage over the whole metro. All site conversions probably will not be complete for 9-12 months.

• Like 1

Actually it was just updated yesterday to indicate Tucson/Yuma has 6% done