Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Same thing has been happening in Yuma. Very low speeds lately, and lots of voice and text messeging issues. This has been an ongoing issue for the past 3 weeks now. Where we used to get speeds of 600kpbs, they are now in the low 100's or below that.

I've called Tech support but they keep giving me the same answer they usually give "tower is down".

Same thing has been happening in Yuma. Very low speeds lately, and lots of voice and text messeging issues. This has been an ongoing issue for the past 3 weeks now. Where we used to get speeds of 600kpbs, they are now in the low 100's or below that.

I've called Tech support but they keep giving me the same answer they usually give "tower is down".

LOL, tower is down.. What a lazy answer. But like Robert said before, its going to get worse before it gets better. T_T

LOL, tower is down.. What a lazy answer. But like Robert said before, its going to get worse before it gets better. T_T

Well there has been a nationwide ticket open for 3 days now about data and text issues with errors 67 and 2112 respectively. Not to mention actual tickets for towers down... So not necessarily a wrong answer.

A couple different people I know had a strange occurrence a few nights ago...

The phone lost all signal, then a short while later turned back on with LTE showing in the notification bar, but no data at all accessible (4G, 3G, 1xRTT). Then after a few minutes, when blank again, then back to standard 3G. Not sure if I'd believe one person, but I got the same story from two different people, with two different model phones (Optimus G, Galaxy S3), on two different nights.

• 3 weeks later...

So... had a coworker show me a pic he took of the tower on Wilmot/Speedway today. Cherry Picker truck there with two tech up working on the top of the tower. New panels were being added.

Not 100% sure they were Sprint since there were other panels on the same tower, but the base cabinets had Sprint on them for that tower, and the panels look fairly similar to other NV equipment I've seen here. I don't have the picture (it was grainy, taken with an Optimus G through the side mirror of his car as he passed it, that camera is AMAZING!!!!!), but I'm gonna try and go by and get a good photo here soon.

So... had a coworker show me a pic he took of the tower on Wilmot/Speedway today. Cherry Picker truck there with two tech up working on the top of the tower. New panels were being added.

Not 100% sure they were Sprint since there were other panels on the same tower, but the base cabinets had Sprint on them for that tower, and the panels look fairly similar to other NV equipment I've seen here. I don't have the picture (it was grainy, taken with an Optimus G through the side mirror of his car as he passed it, that camera is AMAZING!!!!!), but I'm gonna try and go by and get a good photo here soon.

Hope its something, i really don't want to jump ship again but im down to 45 days on my contract and i really dont want to keep messing around with 3G.

Wow.. for the last 4 days i haven't been able to make calls.. It will stay connected for a minute or two then say the signal has faded. I went down to sprint and they said that a bunch of towers went down, of course they didn't give me an explanation but instead deactivated my phone then reactivated it.. fun.

Edited by newgroundsguru

Wow.. for the last 4 days i haven't been able to make calls.. It will stay connected for a minute or two then say the signal has faded. I went down to sprint and they said that a bunch of towers went down, of course they didn't give me an explanation but instead deactivated my phone then reactivated it.. fun.

:ninja:

Might have been my store.

Similar problems (not as bad, mostly dropped calls and bad quality) at 85704. Sprint support said that they are doing tower work and it is supposed to be fixed by now.

There was a ticket opened up overnight on the 20th for every tower homed to the Phoenix 2 Switch. It is dropping calls at a high rate. Every tower in the Tucson/Yuma, Phoenix, and at least part of San Diego markets are affected. So pretty much half of the Mexican border area is affected. I have no idea what caused it, the ticket didn't say.

ETR last I saw was some time on the 27th. Keep in mind, this is only that one ticket, I don't keep track of every ticket made on a daily basis around here, I only remember the big ones.

There was a ticket opened up overnight on the 20th for every tower homed to the Phoenix 2 Switch. It is dropping calls at a high rate. Every tower in the Tucson/Yuma, Phoenix, and at least part of San Diego markets are affected. So pretty much half of the Mexican border area is affected. I have no idea what caused it, the ticket didn't say.

ETR last I saw was some time on the 27th. Keep in mind, this is only that one ticket, I don't keep track of every ticket made on a daily basis around here, I only remember the big ones.

Yeah.. that's whats been going on.. I talked to them on the 20th and they said it would be fixed on the 22nd, I got a call from them asking me if it was fixed but it was not. I can confirm that they said it has been extended to the 27th. That would make a full 12 days of down service. I wonder what happened to take down this much of the network?

Am I reading this thread correctly, NV upgrades were starting at the end of last year/beginning of this year and you generally start seeing LTE 60-90 days out? It's a week until March, should we start seeing improvements soon? I love my EVO on WIFI, but it's pretty useless around town.

My wife and I have been experiencing some very bad text delays in Yuma. She got 3 random texts last night that I sent her more than 2 days prior! I'm sure its likely due to these larger issues, but also FWIW my office is literally in a dead zone, I'm lucky to get 1 bar and data drops all the time.

Been wanting to upgrade my wife's EVO Shift to the Note 2, but not sure if I should wait...give them to the summer and see if things get better.

My wife and I have been experiencing some very bad text delays in Yuma. She got 3 random texts last night that I sent her more than 2 days prior! I'm sure its likely due to these larger issues, but also FWIW my office is literally in a dead zone, I'm lucky to get 1 bar and data drops all the time.

Been wanting to upgrade my wife's EVO Shift to the Note 2, but not sure if I should wait...give them to the summer and see if things get better.

according to some supervisors from tech support, Yuma has a voice and data outage that is scheduled to be fixed by March 1st. This was from two different sources, Tech support and local store. Take it for what it is, I know we can't trust those two sources but they seem to be synced on this.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

according to some supervisors from tech support, Yuma has a voice and data outage that is scheduled to be fixed by March 1st. This was from two different sources, Tech support and local store. Take it for what it is, I know we can't trust those two sources but they seem to be synced on this.

Thx for the info!

• Like 1

ha! thats so funny how you say whether or not they can be trusted. lol i had a associate at the yuma palms store tell me that wimax is actually better and faster than their lte deployment. he said it was more "efficient". totally untrue.

Anyone noticed resolution on delayed texts? I'm in Yuma, still seeing delays. People are telling me they are just now getting texts I sent on Wednesday.

I called again today and they said the same tower was having voice issues and the fix was pushed back till March 7th. You know the same old excuse..

• Like 1

This questions is for those that have more info on roll out..

Looking at the Network completed maps, I see Yuma has one 3G complete tower which is a brand new tower added for our area. I also see that most of I8 West of Yuma has the same upgrades to their towers.

What is the likelihood of Yuma Starting before Tucson? Normally, Yuma trails Tucson when it comes to cell upgrades whether it be VZ, ATT, and sprint.

I also know as mentioned before in another thread, that the city just approved two permits for NV towers.

Thanx in advance.

Where are these "network completed maps" ? I would like to check them out. I saw a truck working a tower down the street from me and was hoping it was sprint, but they said there were doing Tmobile upgrade- grrrrrrrr hurry up sprint !