PRL Update

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 18 November 2011

Just so everyone knows, there is a prl update available, version 60683.

Almost seems like after doing the update, my data speeds have dropped significantly.

Yeah, figured out what the problem was. If you have the proxy fix applied, you will have to go back in and set it again.

Back up to 2.3Mbps d/l speeds again.

Luckily, I caught my phone when they pushed the PRL update. The screen lit up and the 3G icon disappeared. It then said it was updating the PRL. I immediately pulled the battery, because I modified my PRL with the 11115 one, so I can get 3G while roaming. Fortunately, it didn't update! :D

I still need to do the PRL 11115 hack. I just wish I could do it from my CyanogenMOD.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 19 November 2011

I still need to do the PRL 11115 hack. I just wish I could do it from my CyanogenMOD.

What kind of phone do you have? I just downloaded QPST and did it from there. You have to put the phone in modem mode to get it to recognize it though. On the Epic 4G, it's dialer code ##8778#, and then you change the USB mode to Modem from PDA. Just make sure when you are done to change it back to PDA if you want to access your files from the SD card when hooking it up to the computer. :P

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 22 November 2011

You can if you hack your PRL to run PRL 11115. It roams on Verizon EVDO first with that PRL. However, I'm certain it's a violation of Sprint's TOS to do it, so be forewarned. If you consistently go over the 350MB of roaming data limit that Sprint has, you are likely to get terminated. So it has to be done very carefully.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 24 November 2011

I use to update my PRL on a regular basis. I no longer do that, seeing that some are running into technical issues with their phones once the PRL has been updated.

You can if you hack your PRL to run PRL 11115. It roams on Verizon EVDO first with that PRL. However, I'm certain it's a violation of Sprint's TOS to do it, so be forewarned. If you consistently go over the 350MB of roaming data limit that Sprint has, you are likely to get terminated. So it has to be done very carefully.

Actually, the 11115 is a Sprint PRL. It will choose Sprint first, then if you have to roam (no Sprint service available), it will search for Alltel EVDO, then Verizon EVDO. So no worries about exceeding 350 MB of roaming data, because it isn't always on Verizon. That would be the 00001 PRL, which shows your phone is on the Sprint network, but it is actually on Verizon. (Doesn't show the roam indicator). :)

Yes. But if you are in an area where you roam often, like where I live, you can easily use 350MB of data roaming when you are on EVDO. Sprint doesn't care whether you roam on Alltel or Verizon or Us Cellular. If you keep using high amounts of roaming data, you will get the axe.

Yes. But if you are in an area where you roam often, like where I live, you can easily use 350MB of data roaming when you are on EVDO. Sprint doesn't care whether you roam on Alltel or Verizon or Us Cellular. If you keep using high amounts of roaming data, you will get the axe.

True. Just depends on each persons individual situation. If you roam a lot, then I wouldn't recommend doing it. However, if you just want a seamless transfer to roaming with 3G and not slow down, then it would be for you.

I've got 5 phones on my account, and I'm the only one that does this. The most roaming I think I've done in one month was 250 MB. Do you think Sprint would cancel my contract if only one phone was roaming over 350 MB? I have always wondered that. I think it would be dumb if they canceled a $250/mo contract just because one phone on the account roamed excessively.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 1 December 2011

I installed 11115 on my new Epic 4G Touch. It was nice to be able to use 3G when I roamed to Taos yesterday.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 8 December 2011

Does anyone know how to install or what to use for a Blackbberry Bold 9930 to have that PRL 11115? I don't roam alot only April/Oct for about a month or 2 and then back home in Socal here most of the time but would like to use 3G while out on the road while I am traveling. Thanks