Where do you buy your phones?

pyroscott

Where do you buy your phones?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your retailer of choice for your smartphone needs?

• Sprint corporate store
    • Major retail authorized reseller (Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, etc.)
    • Other authorized reseller
    • Sprint online store
    • Online reseller (Amazon, Wirefly, etc.)
    • Ebay
    • Craigslist
    • Other

There are many different ways to buy a phone. You can go directly from Sprint and sometimes pay a little more, go to an authorized retailer, or buy used. Some make you sign an additional contract with them, in exchange for a deeper discount.

What is your favorite and why?

The last 3 Sprint phones I bought were in the Sprint corporate store, Craigslist and Best Buy. It was a lot easier to go through the Sprint store. Best buy was cheaper, but when I called customer service about something relating to the phone, they played the blame game and blamed everything on Best Buy.

Used BB before. Got an email from them last month since I'm part of their rewards program. They were offering a special, just typed in the phone number and you get the instant $50 off at the register when you purchase your next phone by years end. Signed up for all three lines so I guess we'll be using them this year too.

Was curious by the Shack since they have good deals occasionally, but every time I would go to the local one, it was always crowed with one maybe two clerks. Might try a different store on the next cycle.

Sprint telesales and get phone on launch day, sell my current phone on eBay to off set costs. Sold my EVO 4g and accessories for $325.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ MeanRom

Ditto, though i didn't sell my 4G as its my backup. Next phone I get though ill sell either the 3D or 4G then. Need my back up LOL.

I can't order but from telesales anyway with my account being one of those old sero ones that got converted over.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

Used BB before. Got an email from them last month since I'm part of their rewards program. They were offering a special, just typed in the phone number and you get the instant $50 off at the register when you purchase your next phone by years end. Signed up for all three lines so I guess we'll be using them this year too.

Was curious by the Shack since they have good deals occasionally, but every time I would go to the local one, it was always crowed with one maybe two clerks. Might try a different store on the next cycle.

I did the same thing with my lines. I'll be using that 50$ off here in 5 months~

I have my brother-in-law on our plan and we actually bought his Evo 4G through the Shack, was a overall good experience. Rebate was applied in-store instead of mail-in. But it was like you said, one clerk to service the entire store.

• 5 months later...

I'm exceedingly lucky to have a close by Sprint Corporate store with excellent management and staff. They are actually a pleasure to do business with (as opposed to some of the other corporate and third party stores in the area - the Sprint Repair Center store, otherwise known as The Seventh Circle Of Hell, is the worst).

I buy at the corporate store that I do because I want to support a well run local store. It's worth a few bucks more to do that.

• Like 4

Walked into the sprint corp store on EVO LTE launch day. Walked out 15 minutes later with it in hand and activated. One of the few things I enjoy about living in a Sprint market that has a very low percentage of the market share.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I bought my current GS3 from corporate online because I wanted the 32GB model. (Bought the phone late on a Friday afternoon and standard free shipping had it at my door Monday evening.) I bought my prior Sprint phone, an Epic 4G, through an online channel because that was the simplest way to establish my employer discount. I did swap that out at a local store over a hardware warranty issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I typically buy from the store, usually because I want the phone like, yesterday :P

However, when the iPhone launched on Sprint, I pre-ordered through the Sprint site to make sure I got it on launch day. That was the only time I did it online.

the Sprint Repair Center store, otherwise known as The Seventh Circle Of Hell,.

lol that sounds like the AT&T store near my job. lol

Usually but not always i use Sprint online, twice at at Corp Sprint store and once at a best buy and once at a Radio Shack.

I may try amazon in the future if I see a better deal but most likely will still deal with Corp.

TS

I used to always buy at the corporate store. The I bought from sprints online store which ended up being a total disaster. I bought my OG EVO and the wifes Epic 4g from Radio Shack. My EVO LTE and the wifes EVO 3D were bought from Best Buy and thats probably who we will stick wife for the foreseeable future.

• 4 weeks later...

I mentioned this in another thread but I just purchased my wife's iPhone 4S at an Apple store and the experience was excellent. Despite the crowds I was served within minutes of walking in and the guy was swapping contacts within 10 minutes of me making the purchase. I never had to get in a queue or go searching for anything. It helped that the price was cheaper than Sprint's.

If I ever buy another Apple device I will probably choose the corp store over something like Best Buy, unless the price was significantly higher at Apple.

All of my current/past sprint phones happened to be bought at a local radio shack near my house, along with the iph5.

Mostly because of pre-order issues elsewhere, and the fact that that radio shack did not require a full price pre-order (50$ will get your order, with it applied to final purchase price).

I also like to support local stores when possible, and I've been a radio shack kid from the trs-80 days.

I did try out the iphone 4s after it came out, on both att and sprint, which I did get from corp stores. But I knew in advance that I would most likely taking both back, due to the fact I was on an EVO with decent wimax coverage and going back to 3g full time would have been like going back to the stone age.

Edited by dedub

My last phone purchase as well as an upgrade for my mother-in-law were both at Best Buy. Like the fact that they have instant discounts instead of mail-in rebates. Also, their 30 day price match policy applies to phones as well. So, if you buy a phone and they drop the price on it within 30 days you can get a refund on the price difference.

• 1 month later...

I chose other because I don't have one set answer....not that I've done a ton of upgrading (see my post in the 'previous phones' thread compared to most haha), but I basically decide on the phone I want and then find (or wait a bit, as the case may be) for at least a price I'm willing to pay, or otherwise the cheapest place/method i can get it. For the Epic 4G, I waited until someone had it for ~$100 or less...Amazon Wireless was the first to drop to that price point and I jumped on it. With the Photon Q, early on it was discovered that at least at some Sams Clubs, you could obtain the phone for just under $75. The closest one to me that carried it (or Sprint phones in general) was in Nashville an hour away, so I didn't immediately jump on that even then, but coincidental circumstance brought me to Nashville to work over a weekend, and I took the opportunity to upgrade then finally.

I guess the best overall answer would probably be to say 'not directly through Sprint' thus far, mainly because that has tended to be the most expensive route for the phone I desired. I pretty much approach this like everything else I buy: Once I make a decision on specifically/exactly what product I want quality wise, then I do as much research as possible to find the cheapest place I can get it (barring any obvious red flags review-wise on the company that sells it).

Im a impatient person but a money wise one despite my picture lol so I order online from sprint because of the online only deals. Matter if fact ALL my contract phones was bought online haha

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...