Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

bstrignano

I thought a market was launched when it reached 40% LTE acceptance, why would they launch Syracuse when we are still stuck at 22%? They don't even have all of downtown covered and there hasn't been much progress in over a month. The few acceptances recently have been in outlying areas. I know they're waiting on backhaul blah blah blah but the lack of progress is pretty frustrating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I thought a market was launched when it reached 40% LTE acceptance, why would they launch Syracuse when we are still stuck at 22%? They don't even have all of downtown covered and there hasn't been much progress in over a month. The few acceptances recently have been in outlying areas. I know they're waiting on backhaul blah blah blah but the lack of progress is pretty frustrating.

They launch a market when it covers 40% of the population. It could mean 10% of the market is complete, or 80% But its actually pretty reasuring that with only 22% of the network complete, it covers that many.

They launch a market when it covers 40% of the population. It could mean 10% of the market is complete, or 80% But its actually pretty reasuring that with only 22% of the network complete, it covers that many.

OK that does seem about right then I would agree that about 40% of the population is covered.

eCSFB issues in Endicott, NY still. They really need to get back to these sites, flip 1x800 on and get these issues sorted. I referred two people to Sprint with Nexus 5s and none of us can receive calls unless we disable LTE. I wish someone had a timeframe on the 800 up here, wondering what's going on. 

Awesome news. Hope something is coming.

That'd be funny if they've been waiting to turn on the entire Upstate NY market at once. A whole bunch of green would show up!

(Minus the hundreds of GMOs that haven't been graced with new antennas yet)

Been seeing a lot of 1x 800 today in Albany and Syracuse.

I saw 1x800 flicker on and off last night in Liverpool but couldn't stay connected. Hopefully they're on the verge of doing something, any progress would be encouraging.

I was just idling on 1x800 in Endwell (Binghamton area) today deep in an office where signal was lacking. Though it was trying to hold onto 1xRTT as much as it could, even when it was unusable for some reason. 

And today the 800 is gone... So is lte in my area. they must be doing some optimization in the area. There are two trucks sitting at my tower hopefully working on backhaul (3g only).

Sounds about right, same here. LTE is… different today. But, I just confirmed working HD voice and parked on 1x800 for over an hour @ my girlfriend's parent's house which is on the fringe of 1x1900. Things are looking up. Hope you get backhaul and LTE acceptance soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Another LTE site live in Endwell (Binghamton). Robinson Hill Road has a single sector site facing Binghamton Regional Airport that is now broadcasting B25 LTE. We've gotta be close to completion down here. Only two non-GMOs left that need NV upgrades. 

• Like 1

eHRPD has been cutting out intermittently north of Syracuse the last couple days. Also noticed I've been roaming in areas that normally have native coverage. This is in Cicero, Brewerton, and Central Square areas. Hopefully this means they're on the verge of enabling LTE on these towers that are already 3G complete. Strange to me that they'd leave the towers in a weird state over a holiday weekend but oh well, maybe this is a sign of progress.

• Like 1

I don't know what we'd do without signalcheck! Same stuff happening down here too. I think it would be cool if the upstate 800 acceptance covered Syracuse Albany and Binghamton all at the same time. It seems like we all have 800 functioning (I'm idling on it right now) but there have been zero formal acceptances so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't get 800 whatsoever today, it seems like they turned it off down here in the Binghamton market. What's everyone else's experiences in Syracuse and Albany?

I went for a drive to map out some rural areas expecting 800 to kick in but it never did, despite trying calls and whatnot. 

This is right before I was going to propose to get my gf's family on to Sprint from Verizon this weekend. Not helpful when they live on fringe 1900 service. 800 was working great at their place the last few weeks. 

Are you on 4.4.2 or 4.4.3? I guess my comparison wasn't apples to apples, but I haven't seen 800 at all since updating to 4.4.3 with the new .13 radio. I doubt that's the problem, but still worth mentioning. 

Are you on 4.4.2 or 4.4.3? I guess my comparison wasn't apples to apples, but I haven't seen 800 at all since updating to 4.4.3 with the new .13 radio. I doubt that's the problem, but still worth mentioning.

4.4.3 with new .13 radio. So far going to get groceries and do a few errands I haven't connected to 1X800 but my PCS signal has been so good there hasn't been a reason to use 800. I work all over the Syracuse area tomorrow, I'll keep an eye on what I'm connected to then.

• 2 weeks later...

4.4.3 with new .13 radio. So far going to get groceries and do a few errands I haven't connected to 1X800 but my PCS signal has been so good there hasn't been a reason to use 800. I work all over the Syracuse area tomorrow, I'll keep an eye on what I'm connected to then.

Any findings? I've got zilch as far as 800 goes down here still. 

1900Mhz actually got worse in the last week, girlfriend's house is unusable and Sprint won't send them a free Airave even with 4 lines in the house. I told Sprint we'd send it back when 800 is live and optimized but I don't think the reps know what I'm even talking about  :D

Any findings? I've got zilch as far as 800 goes down here still.

1900Mhz actually got worse in the last week, girlfriend's house is unusable and Sprint won't send them a free Airave even with 4 lines in the house. I told Sprint we'd send it back when 800 is live and optimized but I don't think the reps know what I'm even talking about :D

I haven't had much 1X800 show up anymore, even at home the last few days. I do home delivery and have seen the same over the entire Syracuse area. I wonder what's going on.

• Like 1

This'll sound silly, but did you do a Profile & PRL update after upgrading to 4.4.3? That sometimes help work out some weird quirks that happen while upgrading.