bstrignano

Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

2 hours ago, Joski1624 said:

This is certainly promising.  Other markets like the seemingly forgotten West PA market now have 800MHz sites that have been found by S4GRU members.

These are fairly recent GMO LTE conversions so that is great news they're sending the techs back to improve them yet again. :-) 

Drove up to Ithaca today and mapped RT96 on Sensorly. Full LTE the whole way!

Sitting in Ithaca commons right now, every business has full LTE indoors. I’m curious if they have a small-cell here - the service is excellent. 

EDIT: Went to a few more buildings, my phone is locked onto an extremely strong Band 25 signal even within brick hallways. I didn't see Band 26 once. Really, really good signal here.

• Like 5

I picked up a B41 signal this morning in Glens Falls for the first time that I've noticed, and I pass through downtown every weekday on my way to and from work. It was showing as B41 every time I checked SignalCheck Pro until I got close to my office about 3-4 miles away, near exit 18. I'm getting B25 in the office, which could be because I'm indoors. I ran a couple speed tests in downtown Glens Falls and was getting about 15-16mbps. The further away from downtown that I got, the more the speeds dropped toward 10mbps (and below that at times). I chalk those speeds up to the B41 being new and probably not optimized yet.

I live in Queensbury, a few miles north of Glens Falls, and have had my LTE going in and out a lot since last week (per the SignalCheck notification I get when I connect to an LTE signal), but haven't seen B41 yet at home. If they're upgrading the towers in this area, that could be an explanation for my in-and-out LTE signal lately, right?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Scott said:

If they're upgrading the towers in this area, that could be an explanation for my in-and-out LTE signal lately, right?

Yes.. Optimization/Upgrades. 

• Like 1

I’ll have to check myself, I’m in Queensbury but only connect to band 25 at home. We have had downtime in the last week or so so this is great news! I noticed a 2nd B25 carrier a couple weeks ago but no B41. My wife works in downtown GF so she will be happy to see her phone work better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ran a Speedtest today on the GF tower with B41 and got 47 down, upload was around 3. It looked like a dual carrier is active too as it bounced from 40978 to 41176 and the iPhone field test earfcn would go from 0 to 1 to show the dual carrier. I couldn’t find any B41 on the other towers in GF, Queensbury or Lake George.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 10:01 PM, Joseph Monsour said:

Ran a Speedtest today on the GF tower with B41 and got 47 down, upload was around 3. It looked like a dual carrier is active too as it bounced from 40978 to 41176 and the iPhone field test earfcn would go from 0 to 1 to show the dual carrier. I couldn’t find any B41 on the other towers in GF, Queensbury or Lake George.

I picked up a second B41 carrier as well, according to SignalCheck, on Thursday. I ran a speed test in the parking lot behind Raul's that was just under 70mbps down and about 2mbps up. Hopefully it's just the start of B41 around here and it'll expand to the surrounding towns sooner than later.

• Like 1

Sprint updated the coverage map on its site today, and it now shows a solid swath of LTE through Queensbury and Lake George, all the way up to Bolton Landing. I believe the LG-BL area was still showing 3G on the last version of the map. So it looks like they've been doing work up there in addition to getting B41 up and running in Glens Falls. Sprint is finally putting some money into upgrading the network in this area, it seems. That is long overdue, and could keep me from leaving Sprint when my free year is up in the summer.

• Like 1