bstrignano

Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

Will it be 1x roaming or 3G roaming?

Not really sure going by past experience and sensorly and the coverage map. in the past i would of said 1x verizon but 3g verizon roaming has been more common recently but now ATT LTE roaming has started to pop up. Would be great if you let us know your experience.

At the Whiteface Mtn. Summit right now, gf has Sprint LTE. I think that narrows down which site has it in this area.

• Like 1

B26 is live in Syracuse. It's pretty slow in this area but it works.

Capture+_2017-09-29-17-29-09.png

• Like 4

Do you know if the carrier size is 3 or 5 MHz?  Its 3 MHz in the Cleveland market IBEZ zones.  B26 went live here back in the spring. Many sites within 20 miles or so of the Lake have the 0F northerly sector shut off.  In some cases only one sector is live at a particular site.  The strange thing is that many sites along the lakeshore have 0F active.  Maybe it's to test interference to Canada without a potential network interruption if sectors need to be shut off?

5 hours ago, Joski1624 said:

Do you know if the carrier size is 3 or 5 MHz?  Its 3 MHz in the Cleveland market IBEZ zones.  B26 went live here back in the spring. Many sites within 20 miles or so of the Lake have the 0F northerly sector shut off.  In some cases only one sector is live at a particular site.  The strange thing is that many sites along the lakeshore have 0F active.  Maybe it's to test interference to Canada without a potential network interruption if sectors need to be shut off?

It’s 3 MHz. In Syracuse, we are secondary and Canada is primary. That’s what’s with the abnormal EARFCN (8775). B26 will remain 3x3 for the forseeable future in markets where Canada is primary and we are secondary.  

• Like 1

Yep, 8775 is the same channel assignment we have for our 3x3 in Western Washington. 

The strange thing here is that Cleveland on what I believe is the "typical" B26 EARFCN which is 8763, and I've also been told that 3x3 is here to stay until further notice.  Our CDMA Channel is different being at 526.  In our secondary IBEZ zone, 1x800 was initially 476 and was changed to 526 when B26 launched. :sunny:

3 hours ago, Joski1624 said:

The strange thing here is that Cleveland on what I believe is the "typical" B26 EARFCN which is 8763, and I've also been told that 3x3 is here to stay until further notice.  Our CDMA Channel is different being at 526.  In our secondary IBEZ zone, 1x800 was initially 476 and was changed to 526 when B26 launched. :sunny:

We are primary in Cleveland and Canada is secondary, hence the usual channel. 5x5 will eventually come to all areas where we’re primary, if I remember correctly. 

It seems like a lot if not most of the 3G only sites that have been sitting are being converted to LTE around Syracuse and the surrounding area. It's still kind of like swiss cheese coverage which I have a feeling won't be fixed without more sites but it's good to see progress on that along with b26 being fired up. I have to admit I was contemplating looking at another provider after seeing no progress for so long in this area but I'm not so sure I want to look elsewhere now. I just hope with the proposed merger progress isn't completely halted.

11 hours ago, travismheim said:

It seems like a lot if not most of the 3G only sites that have been sitting are being converted to LTE around Syracuse and the surrounding area. It's still kind of like swiss cheese coverage which I have a feeling won't be fixed without more sites but it's good to see progress on that along with b26 being fired up. I have to admit I was contemplating looking at another provider after seeing no progress for so long in this area but I'm not so sure I want to look elsewhere now. I just hope with the proposed merger progress isn't completely halted.

That's nice to know, I've noticed that when Sprint "updates" their map it never seems to reflect any real changes at least here in upstate NY. Also speaking about coverage I really wish Sprint would use their old Nextel sits along route 12/12D between Utica and Lowville, the ONLY tower that you come across is in Boonville, NY (to me its like whats the point?) Also as of last week I noticed that Boonville is still 3G only, I wish out of all the sites they would give 800 to that tower since its the only one serving that area! Sprint also give me another mind boggling coverage when you go from the NY/PA border to Williamsport, a pretty decently used road. In BOTH cases Sprint could of used their old Nextel sites to fill in the gaps! Just some thoughts on what I wish Sprint would do/ change.

• Like 2