Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

bstrignano

By the end of 2015 I'd love to see the highway GMO sites in NE PA, I-81, and NY get tackled. I feel like even these have higher priority than Western PA does. Even Tmo is starting to get LTE in the boondocks on highways and rural routes. 

Fingers crossed for some 90 or 180 day activity once any new schedule map info arrives. There's just so many GMO sites left, it's discouraging :-(

It would be nice to see all of 90, 81, 390 and 86 all LTE for travelers but I guess they dont see it as a priority right now.

It would be nice to see all of 90, 81, 390 and 86 all LTE for travelers but I guess they dont see it as a priority right now.

I would settle for 90, and 81 at this point. It can be a painful drive when traveling.

• Like 1

now the weather is starting to get better r they going 2 start upgrading sites soon

the warm weather has nothing to do with upgrades, Spark was fired up in during the winter and that doesn't have an effect on weather really so long as they can get to the tower, most tower locations get plowed enough to get to, but maybe your thinking of tower climbing, yes tower climbing might happen again soon. 

Binghamton is now a spark market on the coverage map update effective today! I'm 99% sure it's still useless unless you are sitting directly under the site, but it's official nonetheless. We're still waiting on B26 optimization, sheesh!

• Like 1

Binghamton is now a spark market on the coverage map update effective today! I'm 99% sure it's still useless unless you are sitting directly under the site, but it's official nonetheless. We're still waiting on B26 optimization, sheesh!

At least you can now get tickets opened for band 41 problems.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like optimization extended out to Owego, at least. Seems like a wide area in the Binghamton area got something changed yesterday. I just maintained B26 in an elevator at work, where I would previously get bumped to 1x1900.

• Like 1

I've found an additional site with b25 LTE near my home in Fairmount/camillus area. I noticed it last week, I'm able to hold LTE going into my basement now. Also found LTE in jamesville around Robbie Ts pizza. I haven't had a chance to look at the site that covers the area, but it was a GMO a few months ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

B41 is live around NBT bank stadium for the chiefs home opener. Near sell out crowd and its cruising along at 15mbps with the mall right down the street. Second test down is B25 which while slower still works. I wonder how long before Syracuse is a launched spark market, its made such a big difference here.

uploadfromtaptalk1429215709229.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know when albany is going to get spark? I seen b25 once for maybe 3 minutes sometime back in December around 5 in the morning. I'm trying to find reasons to stay with sprint because they have good prices and unlimited data. No phone and data at the same time is tough but I'm hoping having faster, more consistnace speeds will change my mind

Does anyone know when albany is going to get spark? I seen b25 once for maybe 3 minutes sometime back in December around 5 in the morning. I'm trying to find reasons to stay with sprint because they have good prices and unlimited data. No phone and data at the same time is tough but I'm hoping having faster, more consistnace speeds will change my mind

I don't recall seeing any information about b41 deployment in Albany. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5183-how-to-spot-sprint-8t8r-td-lte-rrhs-alcatel-lucent/ is a good thread with pictures of the equipment though. Do you see any up on the racks? It's pretty obvious next to the NV panels, Syracuse had equipment installed for a bit before any of it was available to use.

Do you mean band 41, because I was up in Albany and Latham this past weekend and had band 25 & 26. Had no problem streaming the islanders game on Saturday

Sorry, yea I meant b41. Sometimes I get decent speeds sometimes I get horrible speeds. Sometimes lt3 both bands are unusable. At my job LTE after 10am until the time i leave LTE is un useable and cannot use data at all.

I don't recall seeing any information about b41 deployment in Albany. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5183-how-to-spot-sprint-8t8r-td-lte-rrhs-alcatel-lucent/ is a good thread with pictures of the equipment though. Do you see any up on the racks? It's pretty obvious next to the NV panels, Syracuse had equipment installed for a bit before any of it was available to use.

I dont know which towers are sprints or others. But I remember when wimax came out there was barley any around here. Maybe 1 or 2 little spots but that was it. Could it be possible they don't have the spectrum here? I thought albany being a major area and a lot of sprint/boost/virgin mobile users they would upgrade towers faster out here.

I dont know which towers are sprints or others. But I remember when wimax came out there was barley any around here. Maybe 1 or 2 little spots but that was it. Could it be possible they don't have the spectrum here? I thought albany being a major area and a lot of sprint/boost/virgin mobile users they would upgrade towers faster out here.

Sprint equipment, especially with b41 up on the same rack is pretty obvious when you see it. I don't know if Albany is in a different license area than Syracuse but I highly doubt its related to spectrum availability. Some markets will just be later, unfortunately.

WOW FINALLY that one site on the I-90 (near Auburn Exit), FINALLY no longer "In Pregress" after over a year of "In Pregress" its finally 3G accepted, I have been by that tower before and theres not much on it, but that took for ever, lol Now if Sprint could at least get I-90, 81, 390, and 86 LTE along the Thruway and Highways that would be nice when traveling.   :tu:

• Like 1

Got the M9 last month. Did a road trip to Canton Ohio so most of the trip was on I-90.

Horrible experience. Data kept dropping out (I was using Tune In to stream sports talk), roaming triangle, that well-known data connectivity ! sign which really is evident when you're driving 350 miles.

At one point, when using GPS for Google Maps and streaming, the M9 crashed and rebooted.

I stopped at a Sprint store in Canton where the sales rep tinkered with it but the problem still persists.

Bright side was I got speeds of 50+ MBPS in Canton.

Here in Auburn, it's the same as my M7, highs in the upper 20s. I'm a little disappointed, I thought having Spark here would mean the 50+ speeds here.

But this data connectivity issue, ugh, I know Sprint is aware, from reading their forums, but why does this phone and other HTCs have this issue when switching towers or going from LTE to 3G? Changing settings, updating profile, PRL does nothing.

Wish Sprint could figure this thing out and issue a fix.

I90 has a lot of gaps with no LTE, I don't think it was necessarily your phone having a problem.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I understand, but it would time out and drop data, even if it's 3G, I shouldn't be losing the connection on a major interstate highway in a well-populated area. I've never had it happen with other Sprint phones. It's definitely an issue when you're traveling and the phone switches towers/data speeds.

I understand, but it would time out and drop data, even if it's 3G, I shouldn't be losing the connection on a major interstate highway in a well-populated area. I've never had it happen with other Sprint phones. It's definitely an issue when you're traveling and the phone switches towers/data speeds.

Theres a LOT of non populated areas along I-90 I dont know where you got that information.... The worst areas ive seen is from the Leroy exit to Batavia and from Auburn to Syracuse near Weedsport/Montezuma refuge out that way is not all that great. Every phone ive had I have never lost signal on the thruway but data did stink back before NV, especally from Buffalo to Erie used to be 1X data. 

• 1 month later...

Back haul doesn't seem to be upgraded in the Syracuse area, or connections are being artificially limited to about 50mbps. Network performance is still quite good though, it's consistently faster than Verizon and AT&T wherever b41 is available and more importantly relieving a lot of congestion on b25. I think the lack of b41 coverage downtown is what is preventing Syracuse from being an official Spark market. I wonder if it's site issues, or part of the change in network deployment a while back.

Back haul doesn't seem to be upgraded in the Syracuse area, or connections are being artificially limited to about 50mbps. Network performance is still quite good though, it's consistently faster than Verizon and AT&T wherever b41 is available and more importantly relieving a lot of congestion on b25. I think the lack of b41 coverage downtown is what is preventing Syracuse from being an official Spark market. I wonder if it's site issues, or part of the change in network deployment a while back.

Probably, Rochester got Spark a long time ago and they still havent finished it lol