Sprint LTE Device Release Dates

MacinJosh

Yes, both the HTC and Motorola handsets support SVLTE but not SVDO -- as expected by this point.

AJ

I haven't looked for any other details, but the HTC documents I did look at were scanned and are not searchable for key words like other docs.

Added the Blackberry A10 to the list. For now it's just a rumor, but that's ok. But due to it's late 2013 release time, could it be that Sprint wanted to wait on an all touchscreen Blackberry for Tri-Band LTE? I know I'm going to start an interesting discussion for this one, but I'm glad to fuel the Blackberry fire! ;)

Source: CNET

• Like 1

I find it oddly compelling that the link you cite for the Sprint Vital by ZTE is from fool.com.  "A fool and his money are soon parted" -- that is about to happen to people who buy a cheap ZTE handset.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

I find it oddly compelling that the link you cite for the Sprint Vital by ZTE is from fool.com.  "A fool and his money are soon parted" -- that is about to happen to people who buy a cheap ZTE handset.

;)

AJ

Mom has no idea how to use a smartphone. Would this be a good model to start her off with? Price is decent for a smartphone, never used ZTE before, and my monthly rate would go up by $15 from $30 to $45 however :/ 

And after reading about all those tri-band phones coming out this fall, I've decided to get a Note 3. Hopefully it doesn't take forever... My upgrade was ready two weeks ago!

Added a Blackberry to the list that received FCC certification yesterday that has LTE Band 25 (PCS + G), has no CDMA BC10 (SMR), so it's been added to the devices that received Sprint LTE for possible roaming. However, it's the only LTE band it was certified for. So this device really confuses me as to who it's for. Unless of course, Blackberry decided not to put SMR CDMA 1x voice support, which is really an odd thing. Anyone want to chime in?

• Like 2

Added a Blackberry to the list that received FCC certification yesterday that has LTE Band 25 (PCS + G), has no CDMA BC10 (SMR), so it's been added to the devices that received Sprint LTE for possible roaming. However, it's the only LTE band it was certified for. So this device really confuses me as to who it's for. Unless of course, Blackberry decided not to put SMR CDMA 1x voice support, which is really an odd thing. Anyone want to chime in?

If, and that's a huge IF I ever wanted another BB device, I wouldn't buy this for the lack of SMR.

CSpire Wireless? IIRC they are the only other carrier deploying LTE at 1900... they have no SMR, so this would make sense...

N

I'm holding out for an upgrade until 800LTE phones come out. Is there a way to get an idea by the chipset of what's coming? IE, does Snapdragon 800 support Sprint 800LTE?

I don't know if the processor really has much to do with it, because I'm sure there will be Tri-Band Sprint LTE phones running Snapdragon 600's. it's the baseband that has to support 800 LTE, which of course will support 800 LTE when it's time for release later this year.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Too many people seem to associate mentally Snapdragon 800 with LTE 800.  The two numbers alike are nothing more than coincidence. 

AJ

Too many people seem to associate mentally Snapdragon 800 with LTE 800.  The two numbers alike are nothing more than coincidence. 

AJ

I figured that. At least they aren't confusing the Snapdragon 600 for 600LTE. Hahaha

• Like 1

Great news! The NetGear (formerly Sierra Wireless) 341U USB Modem passed thru the FCC this week.

On Band 26 LTE (SMR LTE) it was tested using 1.4 MHz bandwidth, as well as 3 MHz, 5 MHz, and 10 MHz (Not for FCC consideration). For Band 41 (2500/2600 LTE) it was tested using 10, 15 & 20 MHz bandwidths. For Band 25 (PCS G LTE), it was tested in normal 3, 5 & 10 MHz bandwidths.

I'm curious as to why they tested a 10MHz bandwidth on SMR when they aren't having the FCC consider it.  :scratch:

• Like 6

Josh, did you beat me to the first FCC OET filing for a Sprint tri band LTE device? I will never forgive you...

;)

AJ

• Like 5

Josh, did you beat me to the first FCC OET filing for a Sprint tri band LTE device? I will never forgive you...

;)

AJ

Sorry. I just plugged in Wednesday thru Friday, and it was in there. I don't even know which day it was authorized.

;)

AJ

Sorry. I just plugged in Wednesday thru Friday, and it was in there. I don't even know which day it was authorized.

The padawan has surpassed the teacher and is now the master

• Like 3

The padawan has surpassed the teacher and is now the master

At this point, I am starting to look and feel more like tired, old Yoda.  Just a few feet taller...

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Now who is going to write the article? The first LTE 800 OET article is a big deal! Would love to publish it Monday morning. ;)

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

Great news! The NetGear (formerly Sierra Wireless) 341U USB Modem passed thru the FCC this week.

On Band 26 LTE (SMR LTE) it was tested using 1.4 MHz bandwidth, as well as 3 MHz, 5 MHz, and 10 MHz (Not for FCC consideration). For Band 41 (2500/2600 LTE) it was tested using 10, 15 & 20 MHz bandwidths. For Band 25 (PCS G LTE), it was tested in normal 3, 5 & 10 MHz bandwidths.

I'm curious as to why they tested a 10MHz bandwidth on SMR when they aren't having the FCC consider it.  :scratch:

Well, it was tested for 10 MHz FDD bandwidth in band 26, not specifically SMR.  Remember that band 26 is a superset of SMR 800 MHz and Cellular 850 MHz.  Now, Sprint cannot deploy anything greater than 5 MHz FDD in SMR, so 10 MHz FDD is moot here in the US.  But that does not mean operators holding band 26 spectrum in other countries cannot deploy 10 MHz FDD.

AJ

Well, it was tested for 10 MHz FDD bandwidth in band 26, not specifically SMR.  Remember that band 26 is a superset of SMR 800 MHz and Cellular 850 MHz.  Now, Sprint cannot deploy anything greater than 5 MHz FDD in SMR, so 10 MHz FDD is moot here in the US.  But that does not mean operators holding band 26 spectrum in other countries cannot deploy 10 MHz FDD.

AJ

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

According to the manual that NetGear posted with the FCC filing, and didn't make confidential for 180 days, the 341U supports GSM(850/900/1800/1900), UMTS(2100/1900/850/900), CDMA(850/1900/800), and LTE bands 25, 26 & 41). World GSM/UMTS roaming, with no native Verizon LTE support. Looks like a Sprint Exclusive model for now. By the way, did I mention I think the thing looks horribly ugly? Because it is!

AJ

Yeah, I wasn't making that association, I know that Snapdragon 800 is an unrelated number. Was wondering if basically 'new' chipsets would more likely have 800LTE as well.  The answer is apparently 'not necessarily'.  

Edited by xenophonkc

Yeah, I wasn't making that association, I know that Snapdragon 800 is an unrelated number. Was wondering if basically 'new' chipsets would more likely have 800LTE as well. The answer is apparently 'not necessarily'.

Not necessarily, but I believe when Qualcomm comes out with a new radio it is first made available as part of their integrated SoC+baseband platform, and only later will it ship as a standalone chip. So that companies which insist on using their own SoC designs will be a generation (or maybe just a few months?) behind on baseband tech.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta