Sprint LTE Device Release Dates

MacinJosh

I see a definite pattern. Apparently, SVDO passed away in late September -- unless that is just a hoax.

AJ

I think it was put in those 5 phones just to appease the masses and tide them over until LTE took off. If it comes back in a new generation of phones, fine. But with Network Vision going full steam ahead, most people won't even miss SVDO.

• Like 1

Think this is another Samsung device coming to Sprint? Samsung devices on Sprint usually start with "SPH," I believe; the Samsung Victory: SPH-L300. This is SPH-L500. GSIII Mini???

https://www.bluetoot...L.cfm?qid=20389

found this spec searching google

Full Specs:

Samsung SPH-L500:

Android OS: 4.1.2 (JZO54K)

Chipset:

Front Camera: 1.9MP (1280x720)

Back Camera: 8MP (3264x2448)

Screen Size: 4.65 (1280x720)

SD Card: Yes Supports 64GB

Internal Memory: 8GB

RAM: 1GB

Chipset: MSM8930AA

hearing it being called the Premier

• Like 1

found this spec searching google

Full Specs:

Samsung SPH-L500:

Android OS: 4.1.2 (JZO54K)

Chipset:

Front Camera: 1.9MP (1280x720)

Back Camera: 8MP (3264x2448)

Screen Size: 4.65 (1280x720)

SD Card: Yes Supports 64GB

Internal Memory: 8GB

RAM: 1GB

Chipset: MSM8930AA

hearing it being called the Premier

Just waiting for it to pass thru the FCC so I can add it to the list. Hopefully it'll have more than just LTE 1900!

this would actually interest me in a comparison with the pending HTC M7. I generally prefer HTC screens and I'm a fan of Sense (and not of TW) but this would at least give an alternative to consider. I like that it seems that not everyone is only going to 5.0 and larger for manufacturing which I prefer, just not into the phablet size phones.

On November 16th, Franklin Wireless passed a portable Router with LTE 1900 and CDMA Band Class 10 (800MHz CDMA 1x data). It's model number is R772.

Also, 2 USB modems passed thru in October: the U772 (October 11), and the U770 (October 18).

The U772 supports CDMA/EVDO on PCS/SMR and LTE on PCS, and the U770 includes WiMax support for Legacy 4G for those graced with usable Clearwire WiMax.

Did anyone ever notice that the Motorola XT901 that was released as the Motorola Solstice on US Cellular was also certified for LTE Band Class 25 (PCS including G Block) in addition to Band Class 2? I think I'm going to add it to the list so speculation can begin, lol!

Edit:

Also, on April 19, 2012, a company called Band Rich Inc., tested a VOIP Router, Model Name 'Band Luxe' & Model number R528, with LTE 1900. As of right now, I don't expect Sprint to release it, but stranger things have happened, so it is possible. (PS, it also received LTE Band class 4 & 12 certification too.)

bandluxe%20r528.jpg

Edited by MacinJosh

Did anyone ever notice that the Motorola XT901 that was released as the Motorola Solstice on US Cellular was also certified for LTE Band Class 25 (PCS including G Block) in addition to Band Class 2? I think I'm going to add it to the list so speculation can begin, lol!

Edit:

Also, on April 19, 2012, a company called Band Rich Inc., tested a VOIP Router, Model Name 'Band Luxe' & Model number R528, with LTE 1900. As of right now, I don't expect Sprint to release it, but stranger things have happened, so it is possible. (PS, it also received LTE Band class 4 & 12 certification too.)

bandluxe%20r528.jpg

I'm almost certain US Cellular will have a roaming agreement to use the Sprint LTE network, whether the converse will happen?

Maybe, with those newfangled multiband magic antennas we very well could see it. I think US Cellular is definitely one of the members of the audience to whom Bob Azzi was referring to, when he was talking about filling in the grey areas on Sprint's LTE coverage map.

Interesting stuff in the RCA meeting from last year, it seems many regional companies intend to work with Sprint (tons of questions asked about roaming onto their network including SMR)

Added the Blackberry Q10 to the pending device list. I wonder if they are waiting to release it until later this year so they can include LTE on 800 and 2600.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Sprint Plug-in-Connect Tri-Mode USB is now released as the 1st LTE device of 2013! Available for $19.99 on contract! Updated list to reflect it!

Not for sure on the release date if it showed up online yesterday, or right at midnight.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Robert,

Do have a paper laying around somewhere with a list devices that Sprint is currently testing and what stage their in?

Share in PM maybe?

Anyone...Did they announce in the conference call the number of devices forecast for this year?

Hey Robert' date='

Do have a paper laying around somewhere with a list devices that Sprint is currently testing and what stage their in?

Share in PM maybe?

Anyone...Did they announce in the conference call the number of devices forecast for this year?[/quote']

All the unreleased devices on this list were pulled from the FCC database. It would be nice to see a device list of devices in testing, but I don't think there is another source giving that info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the list with the release date for the ZTE Force (fka Aurora) and the spreadsheet with the HTC One band and SVLTE support. Thanks AJ for digging thru the FCC docs!

Also published the release date of the Kyocera Torque. Official release date from Sprint's own newsroom.

Edited by MacinJosh

Added the Blackberry Q10 to the pending device list. I wonder if they are waiting to release it until later this year so they can include LTE on 800 and 2600.

Will it be summer or fall before we see the first phones from Sprint that include LTE on 800 and 2600?

Will it be summer or fall before we see the first phones from Sprint that include LTE on 800 and 2600?

No on really knows at this point. There has been quite a bit of discussion on this around here. Im sure you will come across some of it as you explore the forums :tu:

We are hoping for summer, but Sprint could be purposely waiting for fall to release phones with LTE on 800 and 2600. At this point, it's just a wait and see situation.

I understand not much is known about when phones with LTE 800 and 2600 are coming out. However, timeframe aside, when they do start coming out, are the phones expected to come with both 800 and 2600 from the beginning, or is it possible that the first phones will start coming with 800 only (or 2600 only) and then later with both 800/2600 etc?

I don't know if anyone knows for sure, but LTE 800 is supposed to start deployment in the 4th quarter of this year, and Sprint was talking about LTE 2600 on phones later this year as well. It may be that both bands are built into phones at the same time, or LTE 2600 could be reserved for flagships first and then added to mid range phones later.

I don't know if anyone knows for sure, but LTE 800 is supposed to start deployment in the 4th quarter of this year, and Sprint was talking about LTE 2600 on phones later this year as well. It may be that both bands are built into phones at the same time, or LTE 2600 could be reserved for flagships first and then added to mid range phones later.

It's also possible the first devices will simply be USB data sticks or hot spot type devices. . With phones showing up late this year or early next, as those new networks are a bit more pervasive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's also possible the first devices will simply be USB data sticks or hot spot type devices. . With phones showing up late this year or early next, as those new networks are a bit more pervasive.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That's entirely possible. Sprint recently reduced the price of the Tri-Fi Hotspot to $50 for a 2 yr contract, leading me to believe they are getting ready for a new hotspot device. Maybe it'll have LTE on 2600 seeing that Clear already has some LTE on 2600 ready to go.

I think Josh pretty much covered it but, this has been discussed in a previous post at S4GRU.com. Sprint says they plan to release tri-band LTE phones (LTE 800, LTE 1900, and LTE 2500/2600) late this year. I have retrieved the article for reference: http://www.phonescoo...cle.php?a=11771

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

LG's model 870, slated to be released on Verizon as the LG Lucid 2 and released on Metro PCS as the LG Spirit, has now received FCC authorization with Sprint's LTE 1900 and CDMA 800.

If it does get released on Sprint, it will have at least 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.

It has been added to the list.

• Like 1

An interesting rumor has been running through the blogs yesterday about a phone called the ZTE Quantum (N8910) headed for Sprint.

As Android Police states:

• 5" 720p screen (320 dpi) with "terribad viewing angles," according to our tipster
  • Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 @ 1.5GHz with Adreno 225 graphics
  • 1GB RAM
  • 1.5GB ROM + 4GB internal memory (based on AnTuTu screenshots)
  • 13.0 MP rear camera
  • 0.9 MP front-facing camera
  • NFC
  • Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n dual-band
  • Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2)
  • 3 capacitive buttons - no virtual buttons for you
  • Sprint 4G LTE
  • Could be a global phone as it has a SIM slot, whereas Sprint has always done embedded SIMs for LTE before.

Notice the highlighted text. Could it be? The first Sprint Android LTE device with a removable SIM?

Only time will tell as it has only been thru WiFi Certification and DLNA Certification.

• Like 2

Hey Josh,

Sorry if this has been previously posted but, here's another:

http://phandroid.com/2013/03/22/lg-ls720-fcc-filing/

Thanks, I saw that just barely yesterday. I'm curious to know what it is.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk